Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:55:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Junk Mail!  (Read 2024 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Junk Mail!
« on March 01, 2011, 02:23:28 pm by Filo »
Pig sick of the stuff, I`ve now started putting one company`s junk mail in another company`s pre paid envelope and posting them back out, if eveyone did this the companies would soon get fed up of receiving junk mail, just like us! :angry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Junk Mail!
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2011, 03:35:54 pm by MrFrost »
I wonder how many of the VSC flyers have been considered to be junk mail!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2011, 03:44:48 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"MrFrost\" post=144236
I wonder how many of the VSC flyers have been considered to be junk mail!

I bet you`re a happy chappy!

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2011, 04:04:31 pm by LuckyGirl »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=144230
Pig sick of the stuff, I`ve now started putting one company`s junk mail in another company`s pre paid envelope and posting them back out, if eveyone did this the companies would soon get fed up of receiving junk mail, just like us! :angry:

Same method I use!! If only enough people would join in .... ;) :headbang:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2011, 05:15:26 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"LuckyGirl\" post=144238
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=144230

Same method I use!! If only enough people would join in .... ;) :headbang:

Been doing that for years. Can be quite good fun picking what to send back to each company.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2011, 07:21:14 pm by Donnywolf »
OK ... good tactics and fun for a while but why not stop the stuff ?

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

Mail Preference Service allows you to opt out of junk mail and generally stops it dead within a month. I cant rate the service highly enough. I do get some that slips through but maybe 1% of what I used to get

AND do you get sick of the phone calls just when you are having your tea or just when Sky cut to Bryn Law and he is about to update you on Rovers score.... well simply select TPS (Telephone Preference Service) from the left sid eof the above Web Site and those too will stop DEAD. I did both YEARS ago and again I do get a very odd call by phone and when I do I remind them I am signed up for TPS and they are LEGALLY obliged NOT to ring me. That stops the f****rs

If you have a fax and you are fed up having paper and toner wasted with absolute s**t then guess what I am going to say ? CORRECT go for FPS on the same web site (you will have to guess what it stands for) and again simply opt out. They legally CANNOT send you owt else

... it aint rocket science as they say and it works !!!!:woot: :woot: :woot:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2011, 07:30:46 pm by not on facebook »
out here in norway if you dont want junk mail in your mail box all you have to do is
get a sticker from post office which basically says 'no to junk mail',stick it
front of yer mail box and hey presto.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2011, 09:48:19 pm by BobG »
I have a different tactic with the phone calls. A polite answer from me, a request that they identify themselves before I agree I might be the chap they want, and then I invite them to explain to me, in detail, what they're selling. And then I put the handset down, by the side of the phone, and walk away.

Cheers

BobG

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2011, 09:55:37 pm by LuckyGirl »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=144424
I have a different tactic with the phone calls. A polite answer from me, a request that they identify themselves before I agree I might be the chap they want, and then I invite them to explain to me, in detail, what they're selling. And then I put the handset down, by the side of the phone, and walk away.

Cheers

BobG

Spot on Bob.
And it costs their phone bill too!!!!:lol:

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2011, 09:56:29 pm by LuckyGirl »
Quote from: \"BobG\" post=144424

Cheers

BobG

Spot on Bob.
It puts their phone bill up and not yours or mine :lol: :lol:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2011, 10:21:00 pm by Donnywolf »
...OR if you dont mind a repeat from 2 weeks ago try this tactic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898wpcgcJM

TinyPortal © 2005-2012