Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 01:31:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We’re so shit it’s unbelievable!  (Read 3295 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Re: We’re so shit it’s unbelievable!
« Reply #30 on November 27, 2021, 06:03:32 pm by Fal »
Never thought I would see a squad on close to being on par with our 97/98 squad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 27, 2021, 06:06:13 pm by dickos1 »
The squad is weak mainly due to injuries
Can’t be compared to that in 97

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 27, 2021, 06:08:01 pm by Upton Rover »
1 shot 0 on target embarrassment

Keep going on about these shots on target, so would u be happy if we had 10 shots today from 40 yards that trickled Upto the keeper?

Are they the only two options?
come on, it’s basic football that to have any chance of scoring a goal is to have a shot on target, the manager should be doing this in training this is our 6th league game where we have never mustered a shot on target, it’s shocking basic football been fu—— up by a manager who can’t get the best out of a poor squad
sooner lose 1-0 with plenty of shot’s that lose 2-0 with zero

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 27, 2021, 06:08:45 pm by grayx »
If the team are that bad Why not give some of the young lads a go. At least they’d try
Surely this is why we need to reinstate an U23’s squad so they can be called upon. If the club want to bring through players from the youth set up whats the point of sending them away to non-league standard clubs where theyl probably just get bullied & learn very little. An U’23 squad needs to be the next step for the youth team lads, young loanees & possibly those coming back from injuries. Surely it would save money in the long term.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 27, 2021, 06:08:50 pm by dickos1 »
I’m sure you weren’t on here after Gillingham saying how great it was that we had plenty of shots

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 27, 2021, 06:13:04 pm by Lesonthewest »
I’m sure you weren’t on here after Gillingham saying how great it was that we had plenty of shots

That was that game, this is a different one, would have thought the comments are on todays game.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 27, 2021, 06:17:22 pm by mattco »
Stop making excuses for Wellens. Just replace him. A new manager couldn't do any worse.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 27, 2021, 06:27:30 pm by dickos1 »

That was that game, this is a different one, would have thought the comments are on todays game.

What’s that got to do with anything?
Surely if you’re constantly moaning about lack of shots then you’re happy when we do have a lot of shots

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 27, 2021, 06:36:59 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Surely if you’re constantly moaning about lack of shots then you’re happy when we do have a lot of shots

Indeed. But today we didn't have lots of shots. Therefore he is unhappy. Pretty simple to understand. He was happy after the Gillingham
game because we had enough shots and unhappy today because we didn't have any. Makes perfect sense to me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 27, 2021, 07:27:52 pm by dickos1 »

Indeed. But today we didn't have lots of shots. Therefore he is unhappy. Pretty simple to understand. He was happy after the Gillingham
game because we had enough shots and unhappy today because we didn't have any. Makes perfect sense to me.

Oh dear

He wasn’t happy after the Gillingham, that’s the point

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 27, 2021, 07:33:55 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Dicky’s we lost against Gilliangham. Is that the bright point of our season that we should all look too? Look forward to the end of season highlights “5 shots on target v Gillingham in 1-0 loss”

God the bar is set low with you.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 27, 2021, 07:38:07 pm by dickos1 »
Dicky’s we lost against Gilliangham. Is that the bright point of our season that we should all look too? Look forward to the end of season highlights “5 shots on target v Gillingham in 1-0 loss”

God the bar is set low with you.

Thankyou
That’s exactly my point,

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 27, 2021, 07:40:52 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Good, sorry misread

Would be a concern if he was

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 27, 2021, 07:56:27 pm by Campsall rover »
I have backed RW all the way. He has been dealt a difficult hand with regard to having to completely re build the squad with a limited budget.
The squad is no where the finished article and will take some time to get to that stage.
Having said that we had a starting 11 today which on paper was capable of producing an awful lot better than what we saw against Burton.
That performance today was unacceptable and anything less than 100% effort and commitment is inexcusable.
I can accept losing a football match in the circumstances on Tuesday at Bolton but today only Anderson m.o.m for me, Rowe and Dodoo put 100% effort in during those 94 mins.
Dodoo gets a lot of criticism but quite frankly you could have replaced him with any other striker playing in league 1 and he would not have scored today.
His hold up play was excellent, he worked hard, made runs and got precisely zero service.
To go 94 mins and have 2 shots, not one on target is mind blowing.

What are we doing in training regarding our offensive play.
We even had a corner and passed it back to the keeper.

I have backed Richie 100% but you can’t make any excuses for that performance.
Injuries, referees, linesman etc etc just don’t wash.
There is no excuse for that display I witnessed first hand in the freezing cold.

3 more League games for RW to get this team to perform.
Not talking 3 wins but 3 performances or he has to go.  :that:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 27, 2021, 08:07:33 pm by scawsby steve »
All the Wellens fans should listen to what Campsall has just said, because he is consistently the most optimistic poster on this forum.

When he's p*ssed off, something is seriously wrong.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 27, 2021, 08:09:39 pm by phil old leake »
Playing kids worked for fergie

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on November 27, 2021, 08:10:10 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Oh dear

He wasn’t happy after the Gillingham, that’s the point

Oh right. Apologies Dickos. Fair enough then. It's a bit daft.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 27, 2021, 08:28:21 pm by roversdude »
I have backed RW all the way. He has been dealt a difficult hand with regard to having to completely re build the squad with a limited budget.
The squad is no where the finished article and will take some time to get to that stage.
Having said that we had a starting 11 today which on paper was capable of producing an awful lot better than what we saw against Burton.
That performance today was unacceptable and anything less than 100% effort and commitment is inexcusable.
I can accept losing a football match in the circumstances on Tuesday at Bolton but today only Anderson m.o.m for me, Rowe and Dodoo put 100% effort in during those 94 mins.
Dodoo gets a lot of criticism but quite frankly you could have replaced him with any other striker playing in league 1 and he would not have scored today.
His hold up play was excellent, he worked hard, made runs and got precisely zero service.

There is no excuse for that display I witnessed first hand in the freezing cold.

Today was the most disillusioned I have been whilst Richie has been manager, there was just nothing whatsoever - the excuses need to stop and the players need to put in some effort

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 27, 2021, 08:30:08 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Today was the most disillusioned I have been whilst Richie has been manager, there was just nothing whatsoever - the excuses need to stop and the players need to put in some effort

I heard on Radio Deedar that there was some unsavoury scenes and exchanges at the end between fans and Wellens etc. Is there any truth in this and if so, what happened?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 27, 2021, 08:56:34 pm by dickos1 »

Are u comparing our academy kids to Beckham, scholes, butt, Neville etc

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 27, 2021, 09:01:24 pm by Janso »

Are you forgetting we also had a manager whose surname was Ferguson?...

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 27, 2021, 09:02:36 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

He's doing well isn't he?  :whistle: :lol:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 27, 2021, 09:07:09 pm by dickos1 »

No not forgetting that, but he’s made this suggestion on another thread and I thought he meant Darren but apparently not.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 27, 2021, 09:37:38 pm by Lesonthewest »

Same as what's the Gillingham game got to do with anything, these comments are regarding todays game, not harping on about how many shots we had
against someone weeks ago.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 27, 2021, 10:45:58 pm by dickos1 »

Same as what's the Gillingham game got to do with anything, these comments are regarding todays game, not harping on about how many shots we had
against someone weeks ago.

I think you’re missing the point!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 27, 2021, 10:56:44 pm by normal rules »
Does anyone actually think there is a manager out there capable of getting dodoo and cukur, up to any sort of standard fit for this league. Seriously?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012