Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:10:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baldwin  (Read 2336 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Baldwin
« on November 27, 2021, 04:57:51 pm by Canadian Rover »
You have one job and that's to make sure Richie Wellens is fired asap.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mattco

• Forum Member
Re: Baldwin
« Reply #1 on November 27, 2021, 04:58:47 pm by mattco »
Get him out asap. It's our only hope.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 27, 2021, 05:09:01 pm by redbrez »
And who's going to do a better job with the budget we have , Burton last year got 11 new players in January we will be lucky to afford one .
This is sustainability footbal ? But in  which league will it end ?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 27, 2021, 05:40:41 pm by Canadian Rover »
I'm really not taking the piss...who could do a better job than Wellens right now?

I could.

Most could.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2021, 05:45:15 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve no squad,
With that bench and line up today anybody expecting anything other than a defeat needs help

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 27, 2021, 06:57:50 pm by Fal »
Think the club personally need to come out with a statement, they were all over the shop when we were decent with “Club Doncaster” stuff and our strategy. Now that we are going nowhere but down we haven’t had a single statement (or at least one I’m aware of)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 27, 2021, 07:12:31 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We’ve no squad,
With that bench and line up today anybody expecting anything other than a defeat needs help

Wellens built what little squad he has though abd it’s poor even for a poor squad it’s poor. Even the things that ability has nothing to do with are poor (set plays, fitness etc)

By your logic I could manage the team and be given the season off because we’ve a similar size squad to other bottom half teams.

What have you seen from Wellens to support your faith in him? Forget our situation what has he got out of the situation to say he’s good!? And that doesn’t mean winning games it means getting something out of players

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 27, 2021, 07:13:24 pm by Pliskin »
We probably have about 13 or 14 players who could be considered 'first choice'. The starting line up today was arguably 2 or 3 players away from being first choice.

But if, as a manager, you can convince everyone that you can't possibly be expected to compete unless your entire squad is fully fit, then congratulations, you're sorted.

You can stay in the job for a very long time, never ever having to perform, churning out any old rubbish. Especially with sicknotes like Bostock and Taylor who are never fit for very long.

The excuses will never end. It's boring.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2021, 07:16:14 pm by Petche »
I try to be pragmatic and have never believed frequent changing of management is the answer. Having said that the performances are not improving, yes I know we are chopping and changing due to injuries but there seems to be a lack of effort at times and general football intelligence! The signings have been poor but the likes of Dodoo and Hiwula have been around and should be applying themselves better. All this comes back to the management I'm sorry to say. You ask "who can do better?" I'm not sure but I am coming round to the fact there needs to be a change.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2021, 07:23:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We probably have about 13 or 14 players who could be considered 'first choice'. The starting line up today was arguably 2 or 3 players away from being first choice.

But if, as a manager, you can convince everyone that you can't possibly be expected to compete unless your entire squad is fully fit, then congratulations, you're sorted.

You can stay in the job for a very long time, never ever having to perform, churning out any old rubbish. Especially with sicknotes like Bostock and Taylor who are never fit for very long.

Exactly this! No one is saying we should be top of the league but it’s almost like the season is written off for a few injuries!

What do those defending Wellens expect from the team at the moment? It seems like no matter what depths we sink to it’s ok? Surely there’s a limit or is there none because we’ve 2-3 players out?

I could manage the side if that’s how low the bar is set. I’ll do it for less than Richie too help us get another player in!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2021, 07:23:57 pm by dickos1 »

Today’s line up, 2 or 3 away from 1st choice????
Taylor, bostock, okenabirhie, Williams, olowu, John

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2021, 07:25:11 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve no squad,

Wellens built what little squad he has though abd it’s poor even for a poor squad it’s poor. Even the things that ability has nothing to do with are poor (set plays, fitness etc)

By your logic I could manage the team and be given the season off because we’ve a similar size squad to other bottom half teams.

What have you seen from Wellens to support your faith in him? Forget our situation what has he got out of the situation to say he’s good!? And that doesn’t mean winning games it means getting something out of players

He had no option,
He joined with 7 players and had to build the rest of the squad with whatever money was left over

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2021, 07:28:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We’ve no squad,

He had no option,
He joined with 7 players and had to build the rest of the squad with whatever money was left over

Ok what do you expect from him this season? In terms of results and performances? Need a baseline did what is considered bad. Mine is abject relegation with little fight. Very low bar. I’m maybe too optimistic in believing our players are better than that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2021, 07:30:42 pm by dickos1 »
I expected us to be midtable this season, with a squad that was fully fit.
The significant injuries have to lower that expectation but survival is still my expectation.
We aren’t relegated yet, long long long way to go

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 27, 2021, 07:36:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
The significant injuries have to lower that expectation but survival is still my expectation.

We’ve at no point no matter when we’ve had a fit squad or any combination of player looked anything more that whipping boys.

A long way to go if we can put up any kind of fight it’ll be great but don’t let a few injuries blur what is a manager adding no value to results or performances

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2021, 07:40:22 pm by dickos1 »

We’ve at no point no matter when we’ve had a fit squad or any combination of player looked anything more that whipping boys.

A long way to go if we can put up any kind of fight it’ll be great but don’t let a few injuries blur what is a manager adding no value to results or performances

Not sure we’ve ever had a fit squad,
You asked me my expectations and I’ve given you them,

It’s not a few injuries, it’s significant injuries to our most important players

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 27, 2021, 07:41:08 pm by Donnybax »
I don’t believe that anybody else would be doing any better with the players we’ve had available this season. When you take as long as we do to appoint someone you trust the process and stick with it

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 27, 2021, 07:46:26 pm by Pliskin »

Today’s line up, 2 or 3 away from 1st choice????
Taylor, bostock, okenabirhie, Williams, olowu, John

Unless you're playing with 4 centre halves then yeah.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 27, 2021, 07:49:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It’s 2-3 1st team senior players of our 1st choice 11 out every week pretty much. Not great but no excuse for the uselessness.

Fair enough if we fade late in games because there’s no subs but it’s from kick off to final whistle

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 27, 2021, 07:52:10 pm by dickos1 »
Be nice to have the option of 3 centre halves,
Anderson, John, Williams or olowu and either olowu or John left wing back.
Either way it’s more than 2 or 3

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 27, 2021, 07:54:16 pm by dickos1 »
It’s 2-3 1st team senior players of our 1st choice 11 out every week pretty much. Not great but no excuse for the uselessness.

Fair enough if we fade late in games because there’s no subs but it’s from kick off to final whistle

We’ve had 3 out almost all season. With John, Taylor and okenabirhie.
And that’s not including all the ones we keep getting each week, hiwulu, close, bostock, smith, Williams, olowu, vilca etc etc etc
These are all in addition to the 3,

So it’s blatantly more than 2/3

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 27, 2021, 07:59:54 pm by Pliskin »

Given that you can only start 11 players in association football, it really isn't.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 27, 2021, 08:18:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Worth mentioning the budget isn't less than last season when at the end of January we were within touching distance of the top of the league. We had some injuries then too.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 27, 2021, 08:34:03 pm by since-1969 »
Worth mentioning the budget isn't less than last season when at the end of January we were within touching distance of the top of the league. We had some injuries then too.
But we didn’t have novice in charge . Wellens is out of his depth , he showed this with players he’s brought in and the excuses he’s made ever since .. get shut or were down .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 27, 2021, 08:35:54 pm by steve@dcfd »

It is worth mentioning that last season there were restrictions on budgets this season there isn’t. Again we had Whiteman and a better loanees because we spent money on loans not on permanent signings.

Dalhgard
Knoyle        Olowu.     Anderson.          John

Galbraith.     Rowe

Close

Taylor.       Okenabirhie.        Hiwula

Jones
Williams
Seaman
Bostock
Smith
Dodoo
Cukur

When has this squad been available for any game
This would be our best squad yet today we had 12/13 players 23 and under.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 27, 2021, 08:42:34 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We’ve no squad,

And the previous 10 away games?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 27, 2021, 08:46:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
We’ve no squad,

And the previous 10 away games?
Was a squad available in any of those 10 games as above the answer is no but when you don’t like Richie you don’t like Richie

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 27, 2021, 08:57:51 pm by dickos1 »

Given that you can only start 11 players in association football, it really isn't.

Sorry, but out of the 6/7 injured today more than 2/3 of them would be in our strongest starting 11.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 27, 2021, 11:33:51 pm by Pliskin »

Sorry, but out of the 6/7 injured today more than 2/3 of them would be in our strongest starting 11.

As I said before, we have about 13 or 14 players who could be considered to be first choice. 9 of them started today. Whether you think they're in our strongest XI doesn't matter.

The point being that the starting XI didn't seem too bad on paper. It definitely wasn't full of fringe players and no reason to simply write off this fixture. It's just a poor excuse.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 27, 2021, 11:43:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
The truth is that only Galbraith (who we don't own) and Rowe have played consistently at an acceptable standard. Rest of the squad even when fit haven't been good enough. Plenty have been injured but even when fit, individual performances have been by and large very underwhelming. It's bad. Really bad.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012