Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:32:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No money for anyone but Whiteman?  (Read 13813 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: No money for anyone but Whiteman?
« Reply #90 on January 12, 2018, 02:14:11 pm by IDM »
Why take out the first spell with us?  If you're analysing the player in the championship then you need to include all seasons.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 12, 2018, 02:17:36 pm by anne honemous »
Why take out the first spell with us?  If you're analysing the player in the championship then you need to include all seasons.

I already have. 86 goals in 268 games at Championship level.

I'm just taking it out to highlight the fact that we had Sharp in his best years when he was most prolific at Championship level.

He's having a good spell now and sticking a couple past the little piglets from Hillsborough in the derby game tonight, will only strengthen his stats for the current season.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 12, 2018, 03:23:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
...And if you take away Sharp's first spell at Sheff Utd, (when he was aged 19-21), his stats are 1 in 2.75!

His current scoring record is 1 in 2.5!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:28:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 12, 2018, 08:38:45 pm by RoversAlias »
Anne you can't just cherry pick which stats to count to suit your argument. Utter rubbish I'm afraid, Sharp is far from an average Championship striker. We've had plenty of "bang average" strikers in our time, and if you think Sharp is on par with the likes of Byfield and Theo then I question what you're watching.

Yes we did have him for his best years, he'd tell you that himself but it doesn't mean he's average at all. His most recent stats, this season, are almost s goal every other game. Very impressive for a 30+ year old who has never had pace or height to count on.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 12, 2018, 10:00:35 pm by drfchound »
Anne you can't just cherry pick which stats to count to suit your argument. Utter rubbish I'm afraid, Sharp is far from an average Championship striker. We've had plenty of "bang average" strikers in our time, and if you think Sharp is on par with the likes of Byfield and Theo then I question what you're watching.

Yes we did have him for his best years, he'd tell you that himself but it doesn't mean he's average at all. His most recent stats, this season, are almost s goal every other game. Very impressive for a 30+ year old who has never had pace or height to count on.

You can’t teach “the strikers instinct.”

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 12, 2018, 10:59:54 pm by anne honemous »

You've got to compare him to whats around you.

If you're happy to tread water in the Championship, plod along season after season in mid-table, then Sharp's probably the striker who'd fit into your plans and get regular game time.

If you're ambitious and want more, there's players who'd be near the top of the scoring charts averaging 20+ goals or thereabouts that'd be in your plans. At Championship level, Sharp has only ever done that with us and for a few months at Southampton.

In League One, he's absolutely the man to fire you to promotion.

All said and done, he'd have made a big difference to that pile of tosh tonight as the Blades looked clueless going forward and had no idea how to break Wednesday down.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:56:07 am by anne honemous »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 12, 2018, 11:39:51 pm by RoversAlias »
So he's only ever done it for four seasons (because he also did it at Forest) and also this season, in a team that when he was in the team and scoring was challenging for the top two. That's getting on five seasons in the Championship scoring double figures (assuming he bags two more this season). He's only played at that level for 4 other seasons and two of those were when he was a young talent at Sheffield United.

I don't believe we're ever going to come to agreement on this one, although I will back up your view that he'd have made a big difference tonight. Why Wilder left him on the bench with subs to spare baffled me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 13, 2018, 08:45:36 am by dickos1 »

You've got to compare him to whats around you.

If you're happy to tread water in the Championship, plod along season after season in mid-table, then Sharp's probably the striker who'd fit into your plans and get regular game time.

If you're ambitious and want more, there's players who'd be near the top of the scoring charts averaging 20+ goals or thereabouts that'd be in your plans. At Championship level, Sharp has only ever done that with us and for a few months at Southampton.

In League One, he's absolutely the man to fire you to promotion.

All said and done, he'd have made a big difference to that pile of tosh tonight as the Blades looked clueless going forward and had no idea how to break Wednesday down.

You think we'd be in a position to sign a championship striker that consistently scores 20 goals at that level?

No chance

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 13, 2018, 09:59:59 am by roverstillidie91 »
Danny Amos is not a left back.
Yes he is

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 13, 2018, 11:50:45 am by DonnyOsmond »
Left back/left center back. Same as Garratt.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 13, 2018, 06:13:01 pm by RedJ »

You're talking b*llocks here. Theo was never and never will be an average striker. :laugh:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 13, 2018, 11:43:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
Amos is a left sided defender, but not a full back. I have watched him play left of a 3 and the left side cb position. I have yet to see him play left back. Please tell me when you've seen him play there!

He certainly hasn't the pace to do full back justice.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012