Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:26:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the M.K.Dons match  (Read 6335 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the M.K.Dons match
« Reply #30 on April 12, 2018, 07:43:51 pm by normal rules »
Weather given highs of 17, light winds, sunny intervals and very low chance of rain. Should be a nice day. I think a lot will be sat at home watching the national though

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 13, 2018, 02:06:53 pm by ravenrover »
Cheeky tweet from Liam Holden, we might be seeing Andrews sooner than we think! surely not this Saturday?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 13, 2018, 05:35:28 pm by selby »
  It will be an interesting bench line up this week.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 13, 2018, 05:46:59 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Normal Rules.
You going  tomorrow mate as it's not too far down the road for us exiles?
I'm travelling with sin and grandkid. RTID.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 13, 2018, 05:55:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is a game we don't want to be losing. The gap would be down to 5 points which is too uncomfortable.

DF says he has selection issues with nearly all players available. But, this is not really the time for experimenting or taking unnecessary risks. I want to see our boys going for it hell for leather as if our very survival depends on it. It might do.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 13, 2018, 07:55:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
Our last two visits there (2013 and 2015) resulted in 3-0 defeats.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 13, 2018, 08:21:26 pm by drfchound »
This is a game we don't want to be losing. The gap would be down to 5 points which is too uncomfortable.

DF says he has selection issues with nearly all players available. But, this is not really the time for experimenting or taking unnecessary risks. I want to see our boys going for it hell for leather as if our very survival depends on it. It might do.

Hopefully DF won’t be too experimental.
Yet another end of season collapse will be hard to bear.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 13, 2018, 09:12:41 pm by normal rules »
Normal Rules.
You going  tomorrow mate as it's not too far down the road for us exiles?
I'm travelling with sin and grandkid. RTID.

Yep. Meeting brother at grantham. My youngest coming over from brum on train to meet us there so three of my clan there.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 14, 2018, 09:42:31 pm by selby »
  A good win without playing very well in the first half, Marosi making four excellent saves, nearly giving the most stupid goal of the season away, the home crowd appealing for at least three penalties, and us playing well for about 25 minutes and winning the game, and one of the best defensive blocks I have ever seen by I don't know who.
  Blair proved he is no right back, Mason proved he is, coppinger decided in the second half to show the Dons fans what we rave about, allied with Rowe and Beestin setting up Marquis for the second goal with skill way above division 1 standard.
  And again we refused to be bullied and dished as much out as we received, the sort of game we would have lost last callender year.
  We are now going for six games unbeaten, about six weeks ago in response to a post on here I said I want us to try and end the season well, and not cave in like the last two seasons, or I would consider a change of management in the closed season.
   Its a well done to the management and the playing staff from me, I want to see us keep it up until the last game, but without playing scintillating football we are getting rewards in games, with effort, organisation, cussedness, allied to a little luck, and are showing the character of a club on the up.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 14, 2018, 09:50:01 pm by Scooter »
I might be wrong but I think the defensive block was by Mason

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 14, 2018, 10:21:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
DF says he has selection issues with nearly all players available. But, this is not really the time for experimenting or taking unnecessary risks.

Having said that, DF's post match interview said something very different, in that there were 3 players who played today who should never have been on the pitch, due to their hamstrings hanging by a thread! And, furthermore he made special mention of JM's performance, considering he was one of them. Worrying indeed.

I can't imagine a team selection without Marquis name on it (something we have to put right in the summer). I, for one, hope that JM sees out all the remaining games. And to think some people dared to suggest getting rid earlier in the season. Plebs.

Changes will no doubt be made on Tuesday night but we must try and keep this run going.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 14, 2018, 10:23:09 pm by glosterred »
Anyone know what happened to Matty Blair, subbed early on after taking a knock?

COYR

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 14, 2018, 11:12:01 pm by RedJ »
Seemed to get a knock to the head fairly early in an aerial challenge, never looked comfortable after that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 15, 2018, 01:21:11 am by selby »
Scooter thanks for that,whoever it was, it was a fantastic last ditch effort to stop a goal bound shot.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 15, 2018, 08:49:54 am by dknward2 »
Was took off with suspected concussion would guess he will miss Tuesday wright will also be out so would expect a few changes for tues night

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 16, 2018, 08:52:08 am by bobjimwilly »
Vote for your man of the match here --> https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=265837.0

TinyPortal © 2005-2012