Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 10:17:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 312651 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #3300 on November 25, 2018, 10:27:25 am by wilts rover »
If Theresa May was to say outright that her brexit deal would be better for the UK than the status quo of EU membership then she'd be equally as guilty of future conjecture as you and your mates on here.

That was one of the questions she was asked by a caller during her Radio 5 piece on Friday lunchtime and she refused to answer it. Three times. How is your deal better than remaining in the EU? Her final answer was something along the lines of 'I can't say it will be better but it will be different'.

What more could she say without guessing?

Well she has said for the past 2 years that No Deal is better than a Bad Deal. It is now up to her to tell us why this is a good deal rather than a bad one. She negotiated it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3301 on November 25, 2018, 10:44:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yes, it is, though I doubt you'll agree with her no matter what she says.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3302 on November 25, 2018, 11:53:50 am by SydneyRover »
Yes, it is, though I doubt you'll agree with her no matter what she says.
All those that support Brexit should be able to examine the deal and match it up with their own shopping list of needs and wants, easy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3303 on November 25, 2018, 12:03:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
......And what about those who voted to remain?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3304 on November 25, 2018, 12:08:20 pm by SydneyRover »
That's even easier, there will be nothing they want in the doc ..............mmmm, I wonder which page sovereignty is on.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3305 on November 25, 2018, 12:10:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So you're gonna go on and on and on and on and on and on etc instead of getting on with it?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3306 on November 25, 2018, 12:15:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's even easier, there will be nothing they want in the doc ..............mmmm, I wonder which page sovereignty is on.

I voted remain, but there might be something I want in the doc.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3307 on November 25, 2018, 02:56:30 pm by Not Now Kato »
Our PM really doesn't know what to do....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nX1rSlHU6Q&feature=youtu.be

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3308 on November 25, 2018, 03:13:43 pm by bpoolrover »
No 1 knows what to do labour are as split as the tories

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3309 on November 25, 2018, 07:24:17 pm by SydneyRover »

''I voted remain, but there might be something I want in the doc''
Here you are bb, be my guest, let me know how you go.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/15/uk/brexit-draft-agreement-full-text-gbr-intl/index.html

Oh and there is 585 pages not 500, another brexit lie?. If you do read it then you will be likely to be more informed than anyone in the May cabinet.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3310 on November 25, 2018, 07:26:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The last I heard Jezza hadn't read it either!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3311 on November 25, 2018, 07:29:02 pm by drfchound »
Dianne abbots take on brexit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46315250

That doesn’t add up right............a bit like Ms Abbott I guess.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3312 on November 25, 2018, 07:31:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Dianne abbots take on brexit http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46315250
That doesn’t add up right............a bit like Ms Abbott I guess./quote]

It's only one quote from the article.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3313 on November 26, 2018, 09:16:20 pm by foxbat »
exactly . remain is the best deal , vote remain and put this farce to bed once and for all. the ' we are better than Europe- because we won the war ' brigade are dying off . vote for the future.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3314 on November 26, 2018, 10:06:04 pm by idler »
exactly . remain is the best deal , vote remain and put this farce to bed once and for all. the ' we are better than Europe- because we won the war ' brigade are dying off . vote for the future.
So exactly how old are the "We won the war brigade"?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3315 on November 27, 2018, 08:32:34 am by Axholme Lion »

Disgusting comment.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #3316 on November 27, 2018, 09:20:41 am by Not Now Kato »
Mike Harding has replied to TM's open letter to the people....

Dear Mrs May
I am in France having a break having come here on the train all the way from Settle. I just read your letter to me and the rest of Britain wanting us all to unite behind the damp squib you call a deal. Unite? I laughed so much the mouthful of frogs legs I was eating ended up dancing all over the bald head of the bloke on the opposite table.
Your party’s little civil war has divided this country irreparably. The last time this happened Cromwell discontinued the custom of kings wearing their heads on their shoulders.
I had a mother who was of Irish descent, an English father who lies in a Dutch graveyard in the village where his Lancaster bomber fell in flames. I had a Polish stepfather who drove a tank for us in WW2 and I have two half Polish sisters and a half Polish brother who is married to a girl from Donegal.
My two uncles of Irish descent fought for Britain in N Africa and in Burma.
So far you have called us Citizens Of Nowhere and Queue Jumpers. You have now taken away our children and grandchildren’s freedom to travel, settle, live and work in mainland Europe.
You have made this country a vicious and much diminished place. You as Home Sec sent a van round telling foreigners to go home. You said “ illegal” but that was b*llocks as the legally here people of the Windrush generation soon discovered.
Your party has sold off our railways, water, electricity, gas, telecoms, Royal Mail etc until all we have left is the NHS and that is lined up for the US to have as soon as Hannon and Hunt can arrange it
You have lied to the people of this country. You voted Remain yet changed your tune when the chance to grab the job of PM came. You should have sacked those lying bas**rds Gove and Bojo but daren’t because you haven’t the actual power.
You have no answer to the British border on the island of Ireland nor do you know how the Gib border with Spain will work once we are out
Mrs May you have helped to divide this country to such an extent that families and friends are now no longer talking to each other, you have managed to negotiate a deal far worse than the one we had and all to keep together a party of millionaires, Eton Bullingdon boys, spivs and WI harridans. Your party conserves nothing. It has sold everything off in the name of the free market.
You could have kept our industries going with investment and development – Germany managed it. But no – The Free Market won so Sunderland, Barnsley, Hamilton etc could all go to the devil
So Mrs May my answer to your plea for unity is firstly that it is ridiculous.
48% of us will never forgive you for Brexit and secondly, of the 52% that voted for it many will not forgive you for not giving them what your lying comrades like Rees Mogg and Fox promised them.
There are no unicorns, there is no £350 million extra for the NHS. The economy will tank and there will be less taxes to help out the poor. We have 350,000 homeless (not rough sleepers – homeless) in one of the richest countries on Earth and you are about to increase that number with your damn fool Brexit.
The bald man has wiped the frogs legs of his head, I’ve bought him a glass of wine to say sorry; I’m typing this with one finger on my phone in France and I’m tired now and want to stop before my finger gets too tired to join the other one in a sailors salute to you and your squalid Brexit, your shabby xenophobia and Little Englander mentality.
Two fingers to you and your unity from this proud citizen of nowhere. I and roughly half the country will never forgive you or your party.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3317 on November 27, 2018, 10:56:01 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Disgusting comment.

Oh the irony.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3318 on November 27, 2018, 11:46:10 am by Yargo »
Ah Treason May has handed over shit loads to the EU in return for Sweet Eff All. Genius, who she put in charge of negotiation, Tony Blair?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3319 on November 27, 2018, 01:37:34 pm by Axholme Lion »
The Europeans hate us and this has been proved by what Treason has got out of the so called negotiations. Absolutely nothing.
We should have told them two years ago that we were off, and if they wanted to carrying dealing with us then it was up to them to come up with something good. However the backstabbers and traitors in Government and Civil service went crawling cap in hand to the EUSSR begging for a deal.
I hope they're all very proud of screwing over our country.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3320 on November 27, 2018, 01:41:05 pm by RedJ »
Alright Jacob how're you doing?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3321 on November 27, 2018, 03:41:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Axholme

"We should have told them two years ago that we were off, and if they wanted to carrying dealing with us then it was up to them to come up with something good."

I'm not sure where you've been for the past two years, but we DID try precisely that approach. The EU's response was to say, "Fine. Give us a call when you've had a chance to get over that particular emotional spasm and have sat down and looked soberly at what the consequences of that would be for you."

It was crystalised perfectly when one of David Davis's backroom staff reportedly had a discussion with an EU opposite number. The UK guy said "The predictions are that if we have a No Deal Brexit, trade between the EU and UK will fall by £60bn. That'll be a disaster." To which, the EU official replied, "Yes. That WILL be a disaster for you with a population of 65million and a GDP of about £2trn. The rest of the EU has a population of nearly half a billion and a GDP of about £12trn. It'll be much less of a disaster for us."

And that is the entire point. You have been weaned on the belief that we are Britain. We are special. We are better than the feckless, bone-idle, cheating wasters over the Channel, and when we threaten to leave, they'll shite it and give us whatever deal we want.

Plot spoiler. They aren't and they won't.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3322 on November 27, 2018, 04:05:00 pm by Axholme Lion »
 We are special. We are better than the feckless, bone-idle, cheating wasters over the Channel, and when we threaten to leave, they'll shite it and give us whatever deal we want.

We are better than a bunch of arrogant square heads backed up by their garlic munching, turn coat friends and numerous tin pot, beetroot soup swigging no-hopers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3323 on November 27, 2018, 04:15:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
God f**king help us.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3324 on November 27, 2018, 04:32:21 pm by Axholme Lion »
God f**king help us.

You'd better hope so because no-one else will.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3325 on November 27, 2018, 04:34:44 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Mike Harding has replied to TM's open letter to the people....

Dear Mrs May
I am in France having a break having come here on the train all the way from Settle. I just read your letter to me and the rest of Britain wanting us all to unite behind the damp squib you call a deal. Unite? I laughed so much the mouthful of frogs legs I was eating ended up dancing all over the bald head of the bloke on the opposite table.
Your party’s little civil war has divided this country irreparably. The last time this happened Cromwell discontinued the custom of kings wearing their heads on their shoulders.
I had a mother who was of Irish descent, an English father who lies in a Dutch graveyard in the village where his Lancaster bomber fell in flames. I had a Polish stepfather who drove a tank for us in WW2 and I have two half Polish sisters and a half Polish brother who is married to a girl from Donegal.
My two uncles of Irish descent fought for Britain in N Africa and in Burma.
So far you have called us Citizens Of Nowhere and Queue Jumpers. You have now taken away our children and grandchildren’s freedom to travel, settle, live and work in mainland Europe.
You have made this country a vicious and much diminished place. You as Home Sec sent a van round telling foreigners to go home. You said “ illegal” but that was b*llocks as the legally here people of the Windrush generation soon discovered.
Your party has sold off our railways, water, electricity, gas, telecoms, Royal Mail etc until all we have left is the NHS and that is lined up for the US to have as soon as Hannon and Hunt can arrange it
You have lied to the people of this country. You voted Remain yet changed your tune when the chance to grab the job of PM came. You should have sacked those lying bas**rds Gove and Bojo but daren’t because you haven’t the actual power.
You have no answer to the British border on the island of Ireland nor do you know how the Gib border with Spain will work once we are out
Mrs May you have helped to divide this country to such an extent that families and friends are now no longer talking to each other, you have managed to negotiate a deal far worse than the one we had and all to keep together a party of millionaires, Eton Bullingdon boys, spivs and WI harridans. Your party conserves nothing. It has sold everything off in the name of the free market.
You could have kept our industries going with investment and development – Germany managed it. But no – The Free Market won so Sunderland, Barnsley, Hamilton etc could all go to the devil
So Mrs May my answer to your plea for unity is firstly that it is ridiculous.
48% of us will never forgive you for Brexit and secondly, of the 52% that voted for it many will not forgive you for not giving them what your lying comrades like Rees Mogg and Fox promised them.
There are no unicorns, there is no £350 million extra for the NHS. The economy will tank and there will be less taxes to help out the poor. We have 350,000 homeless (not rough sleepers – homeless) in one of the richest countries on Earth and you are about to increase that number with your damn fool Brexit.
The bald man has wiped the frogs legs of his head, I’ve bought him a glass of wine to say sorry; I’m typing this with one finger on my phone in France and I’m tired now and want to stop before my finger gets too tired to join the other one in a sailors salute to you and your squalid Brexit, your shabby xenophobia and Little Englander mentality.
Two fingers to you and your unity from this proud citizen of nowhere. I and roughly half the country will never forgive you or your party.

That’s excellent to be fair

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3326 on November 27, 2018, 04:39:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh there's plenty of other folk to help us all.

Like my Italian wife's grandad who left school at 11 and put in 12 hour shifts up to his chest in water dredging drainage channels on farms so he could earn enough for his son to go to University and then work in London as a research chemist in the NHS.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3327 on November 27, 2018, 04:49:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
We are special. We are better than the feckless, bone-idle, cheating wasters over the Channel, and when we threaten to leave, they'll shite it and give us whatever deal we want.

We are better than a bunch of arrogant square heads backed up by their garlic munching, turn coat friends and numerous tin pot, beetroot soup swigging no-hopers.

Axholme,

We’re not better than anyone! If we were we’d have leaders who’d be able to negotiate a deal that would maintain our economic ties with the EU whilst freeing us from the political control of Brussels! However, we haven’t! This deal will take us backwards and make us worse off! The EU were always going to make it as difficult as possible to leave and they’ve run circles around us! I’m afraid that the only sensible option now is to stay.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3328 on November 27, 2018, 05:04:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
HA.

Once again, the EU has been straight down the line from the start. They have said that we CAN have a trade deal that benefits us, but it comes with conditions attached, namely that, if we want the benefits, we have to make sure that Brexit doesn't unduly affect EU countries.

That's not "running circle around us". It's merely setting out the conditions of negotiation and sticking to them. That was entirely predictable before June 2016, except for those folk who told us that we would hold the whip hand in negotiations and have the EU begging us for a deal.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3329 on November 27, 2018, 06:14:22 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
HA.

Once again, the EU has been straight down the line from the start. They have said that we CAN have a trade deal that benefits us, but it comes with conditions attached, namely that, if we want the benefits, we have to make sure that Brexit doesn't unduly affect EU countries.

That's not "running circle around us". It's merely setting out the conditions of negotiation and sticking to them. That was entirely predictable before June 2016, except for those folk who told us that we would hold the whip hand in negotiations and have the EU begging us for a deal.

Billy,

Throughout the negotiations the EU have maintained a very, very tough stance. Do you remember what one of the first things they did following the vote? They forbid any member nation from speaking to the U.K. regarding future individual trade agreements outside of the EU, despite The Netherlands and Italy expressing a desire to do so. I’m fact, they’ve not allowed any discussion on trade until the ‘divorce’ is sorted. Additionally, the EU threatend to throw the UK out of the Galileo Sat Nav project, despite us investing over £1bn into the scheme! They were also prepared to exclude the U.K. from the European Arrest Warrant scheme if we didn’t acquiesce to their demands! So, yes they have been running circles around us by maintaining such a tough stance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012