Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:06:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 37505 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)
« Reply #690 on August 08, 2023, 11:57:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I keep saying the Tories have nothing left but Culture War.

Here's how low they are scraping the barrel. A minister openly supporting the words of the reborn NF gobshite Anderson.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1688827637152546816

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #691 on August 08, 2023, 12:00:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And by the way, if you don't believe me that the Tories have nothing left, not even competence, this is a Tory supporter absolutely excoriating the party for the same reasons.

https://www.joxleywrites.jmoxley.co.uk/p/the-problem-with-the-conservative-afd

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #693 on August 09, 2023, 10:37:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
Vote for Labour then!

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #694 on August 09, 2023, 10:43:12 am by TonySoprano »
I keep saying the Tories have nothing left but Culture War.

Here's how low they are scraping the barrel. A minister openly supporting the words of the reborn NF gobshite Anderson.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1688827637152546816
How would you deal with illegal immigration?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #695 on August 09, 2023, 11:59:32 am by tyke1962 »
What I do know is that this is a complex issue with nobody able or willing  to come up with the solutions that's obviously needed .

What I also know is that this cannot continue .

Personally I see two easy hits , firstly putting the traffickers out of business and secondly looking at our own economy and the number of jobs that aren't filled .

So instead of paying traffickers why don't we offer a 12 month work permit for a reasonable fee , let's say £200 .

That work permit allows you to work and reside here for 12 months however other than the NHS it doesn't entitle you to benefits .

After 12 months and you've not committed any offences you can apply for a 5 year work permit which entitles you to certain benefits but not everything .

A successful 6 years here with no criminality and paying in to the system you automatically qualify for full residency and the same benefits as everyone else .

Whilst this scheme is in operation governments may well want to improve the infrastructure , schools , NHS and  housing .

Dependent on economic conditions we need to use this scheme with everything on the table , once jobs dry up , houses sparse , schools full the scheme is then scaled down accordingly .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #696 on August 09, 2023, 12:42:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tyke.

Something like that is an obvious solution.

The problem with this lot is that they have absolutely zero interest in solving this problem. They need, for Culture War reasons, to keep the "we are under invasion by fireign sponges supported by Woke Lefties" narrative going. Because they have nothing else to offer their base.

If they we truly interested in stopping the boats, they could do so with the stroke of a pen. Open up other ways for people to make asylum claims through legal entry into the country. Then process the f**king asylum claims instead of sitting on them.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #697 on August 09, 2023, 01:42:51 pm by danumdon »
What I do know is that this is a complex issue with nobody able or willing  to come up with the solutions that's obviously needed .

Personally I see two easy hits , firstly putting the traffickers out of business and secondly looking at our own economy and the number of jobs that aren't filled .

So instead of paying traffickers why don't we offer a 12 month work permit for a reasonable fee , let's say £200 .

That work permit allows you to work and reside here for 12 months however other than the NHS it doesn't entitle you to benefits .

After 12 months and you've not committed any offences you can apply for a 5 year work permit which entitles you to certain benefits but not everything .

A successful 6 years here with no criminality and paying in to the system you automatically qualify for full residency and the same benefits as everyone else .

Whilst this scheme is in operation governments may well want to improve the infrastructure , schools , NHS and  housing .

Dependent on economic conditions we need to use this scheme with everything on the table , once jobs dry up , houses sparse , schools full the scheme is then scaled down accordingly .

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution to an ongoing problem that nobody wants to deal with.

It was very noticeable from BST's reply that he very quickly wanted to move on from it and continue to use this useless government as a reason it would not or could not be implemented.

Would the Starmer's Labour party agree to this type of solution to this issue, i very much doubt it. And therein lies the crux, we don't have any political representation available to us to take this type of issue seriously and to get to the bottom of this problem. None of them are fit for purpose.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #698 on August 09, 2023, 02:27:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
DD

I talk about this Govt because this Govt has knowingly created this issue. It is them who have cut off pretty much every form of legally claiming asylum here. It is them who have sat on a mountain of asylum claims from people who have still managed to get here.

Anyone has a massive job to turn this around now. Not least because the public discourse is poisoned by ten bob fascists like Anderson and Braverman who will whip up their mob if Labour moves so much as an inch towards the sort of sensible solution that Tyke proposes.

Unless people see through this Culture War act for what it is, there's no solving thus because the political risk us too high. Its up to the British people to WANT a sensible solution.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #699 on August 09, 2023, 02:38:18 pm by tyke1962 »

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable solution to an ongoing problem that nobody wants to deal with.

It was very noticeable from BST's reply that he very quickly wanted to move on from it and continue to use this useless government as a reason it would not or could not be implemented.

Would the Starmer's Labour party agree to this type of solution to this issue, i very much doubt it. And therein lies the crux, we don't have any political representation available to us to take this type of issue seriously and to get to the bottom of this problem. None of them are fit for purpose.

What we have here are two extremes , on the right we have the  taking our jobs , our houses  our school places and they all come for the benefits .

On the left we have the no borders ,  open immigration and apparently everyone claiming asylum is escaping persecution and conflict viewpoint .

There's nothing in the middle that takes both views out of the conversation , it takes oxygen away from the culture war fires .

I wouldn't go as far as to say my scheme is perfect by any means but there seems to be something in it for both sides of the debate .

Unless this issue is resolved it will be used as a political football for generations to come and the right will win and we don't want the right to win because when they are eventually toppled as they always are it's generally no consolation to its victims and besides that have we not learned anything from history .

That said this country isn't a charity either , it's taxpayers do not get value for money and it's wealth is unevenly distributed .

So seen as nobody dare tax the wealth or it's inhabitants prepared to pay more tax given anybody putting that in its manifesto may as well not put themselves up for election we have a problem .

If people want to come here for a better life or indeed escape conflict and persecution , work hard and contribute then that's fine but it's probably a good idea to at least have some means to support yourself whilst you find your feet here , if you can pay traffickers you can support yourself too that's not unreasonable .

Barges , hotels and sent to Rwanda isn't a solution and if the country needs workers given both of the major party's follow the same economic model then you'd better scale up the infrastructure then hadn't you .

It's call investment , not everyone in this country lives in London and not everyone in London lives in the Docklands either .

You seemed to find plenty of taxpayers money to fund that area and all kinds of golden hello goodies .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #700 on August 09, 2023, 03:04:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tyke.

If thus Govt hadn't made it illegal for most asylum seekers to come to this country via normal routes, and hadn't blocked the overwhelming majority of asylum seekers from applying for asylum before coming here, there'd be literally no valid asylum seeker paying traffickers. 

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #701 on August 09, 2023, 04:07:14 pm by tyke1962 »
Tyke.

If thus Govt hadn't made it illegal for most asylum seekers to come to this country via normal routes, and hadn't blocked the overwhelming majority of asylum seekers from applying for asylum before coming here, there'd be literally no valid asylum seeker paying traffickers.

Are you referring to the legislation that was voted on in April 2023 Billy ?

We've had this boats crisis for quite a while and pre dates that legislation .

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #702 on August 09, 2023, 08:23:11 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Tyke.

And if we legalised all drugs there'd be no drug dealers  :silly:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #703 on August 09, 2023, 08:33:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tyke.

Are you referring to the legislation that was voted on in April 2023 Billy ?

We've had this boats crisis for quite a while and pre dates that legislation .

No I'm not.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #704 on August 10, 2023, 02:08:15 pm by Not Now Kato »
Vote for Labour then!

You could, and many will at the next GE according to the polls.  But then, the Tories seem to have a habit of finding useful idiots, for who'm they do absolutely nothing, to vote for them.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #705 on August 10, 2023, 03:15:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Vote for Labour then!

You could, and many will at the next GE according to the polls.  But then, the Tories seem to have a habit of finding
 them.

I could, yes, but I'd rather eat shit and die.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #706 on August 10, 2023, 04:43:36 pm by Iberian Red »
Vote for Labour then!

You could, and many will at the next GE according to the polls.  But then, the Tories seem to have a habit of finding
 them.

Great idea!

Seriously tho, it's all starting to make sense why you talk it now. Don't take the idea further than eating it and regurgitating it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #707 on August 10, 2023, 05:54:07 pm by drfchound »
Well I’m hoping that Labour win then I can see what excuses are made for them when nothing changes.
Number one will probably be along the lines of it will take a decade to put things right.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #708 on August 10, 2023, 06:19:44 pm by ravenrover »
Well won't it?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #709 on August 10, 2023, 06:44:10 pm by tyke1962 »
Labour won't get a decade in power if the first five years are a shyte show .

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #710 on August 10, 2023, 11:24:25 pm by Not Now Kato »
Vote for Labour then!

them.

I guess that’s better than talking it BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #711 on August 11, 2023, 07:45:13 am by Bentley Bullet »
Vote for Labour then!

them.

I guess that’s better than talking it BB.
Let it be an inspiration to you. It's never too late to change.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #712 on August 11, 2023, 02:38:04 pm by Not Now Kato »
Oh dear, everyone off the barge!

You really couldn't make it up, could you!

Incompetence of the highest level, have tests done but move people in before getting the results! Unbelievable!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #713 on August 11, 2023, 06:43:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh dear, everyone off the barge!

You really couldn't make it up, could you!

Incompetence of the highest level, have tests done but move people in before getting the results! Unbelievable!

Theresa May nailed it more that 10 years ago. She said that back in the 80s, many people thought the Tories were bas**rds, but at least they accepted that they were competent bas**rds. She said there was a danger that the current generation of Tories would be seen as not having the competence but still being bas**rds.

What better description is there for Braverman than a totally incompetent bas**rd?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #714 on August 11, 2023, 07:55:50 pm by belton rover »
Don’t you mean many people think she is an incompetent bas**rd?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #715 on August 11, 2023, 08:03:41 pm by wilts rover »
Hard drive conatining info about people smugglers stolen from UK base.

Believed to be an inside job by people connected with the criminal gangs concerned.

In which case - the UK government is employing people smugglers to stop the people smugglers!

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/gang-steals-evidence-migrant-crossings/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #716 on August 12, 2023, 12:11:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Don’t you mean many people think she is an incompetent bas**rd?

Belton.

What conclusion do you draw from these facts?

1) There were Legionella tests done on the water supply of the migrant accommodation ship.

2) Braverman's Home Office put people in there at the earliest possible opportunity, before the rest results had cone back from the lab.

3) The test results showed the water had Legionella.

Tell you what I think. I know, from professional experience that anyone who has any responsibility for estates infrastructure has a legal responsibility to check water systems for Legionella, and not expose users to potentially infected water.

Anyone riding a coach and horses through that requirement is lucky if all they are called is "incompetent bas**rd".

"Criminally irresponsible" is probably a better description.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #717 on August 12, 2023, 09:01:11 am by belton rover »
You misunderstand my point, Billy.
May said ‘many people thought’, not ‘they were’.

I don’t personally disagree about Braverman being incompetent btw. It’s the pedant in me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 09:51:15 am by belton rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #718 on August 12, 2023, 01:45:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Correction accepted Belton, although the meaning was clear enough. Politicians use "have you seen how we appear to be?" as code for "have you seen what we have become?" frequently when they are trying to get their party to see sense.

Meanwhile, I always thought Suella was going to vanish into obscurity with the nickname Cruella, but it seems that Legionella is making a late bid.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #719 on August 12, 2023, 01:47:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS.

When I tried to find that May speech online I couldn't locate it so I was working from memory. Do you have a link to it? I'd be interested to re-read the overall context. Especially coming from a woman who set the then standard for how toxically horrible the HO could be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012