Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:23:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 2 years ago today  (Read 3377 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
2 years ago today
« on April 27, 2015, 09:37:38 am by mrfrostsdad »
Running round Revolution Square in Havana like a mad thing when the message came through.
How things have changed

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Re: 2 years ago today
« Reply #1 on April 27, 2015, 09:45:05 am by Lincoln Rover »
It was certainly a moment we will never forget wherever we were.
Yep things have changed, but the clubs still here and I will love them whatever the division.
One club for life.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 27, 2015, 10:19:27 am by afro goal machine »
I still have the football league show, calendar and look north on sky plus

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2015, 10:33:14 am by Lincoln Rover »
Afro
Thank goodness I thought I was the only one.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2015, 10:35:37 am by mrfrostsdad »
I've just watched the clips from Sky Sports and Look North.
To be honest, it depressed me. I find it really hard to believe how things have gone downhill since then

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2015, 11:05:09 am by IDM »
I've just watched the clips from Sky Sports and Look North.
To be honest, it depressed me. I find it really hard to believe how things have gone downhill since then

Don't get stuck in the short term thing - we will have success again!  Can't say when, of course...

I have the FLS on sky plus still.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2015, 12:02:15 pm by roversdude »
It was certainly a moment we will never forget wherever we were.
Yep things have changed, but the clubs still here and I will love them whatever the division.
One club for life.

For most of us Lincoln, although some posters are leaving us to chase trophies
I have the commentary on my phone too as well as FLS on Sky+

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2015, 12:09:26 pm by bobjimwilly »
I have the FLS on sky plus still.

brilliant! :thumbsup:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2015, 12:13:06 pm by dickos1 »
We've gone downhill about a dozen league places not the end of the world is it

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2015, 01:35:49 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It's not the end of the World Dickos, no.
It's not just the league places we've dropped either (it's 14 T the mo) It's more the lack of enjoyment/excitement and garbage that we've had to put up with this season, let alone that we still should be in the Championship and would have been given a decent manager.

It's your prerogative to continue to support him, but I think you're quickly becoming the minority

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2015, 01:43:33 pm by The Red Baron »
We've gone downhill about a dozen league places not the end of the world is it

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the odd mid-table finish. Looking back on 2004-05, for instance, I thought that was an enjoyable and entertaining season. You felt a sense of anticipation that next season could be a bit better. I don't get that feeling at all at the moment.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2015, 02:10:13 pm by IDM »
You never know what you are going to get next season, despite the opinions of PD.

Compared to a couple of seasons ago, where are Tranmere now?  When we won the L1 play offs, Carlisle and Southend were in the semis, where are they now?  Bristol Rovers were promoted to L1 after we beat them in the JPT, where are they now?

Conversely where are Swansea, Hull, Leeds, Wigan, Blackpool, Bournemouth etc.

All, or most, clubs have changing fortunes over time.  There is nowt wrong with remembering our most recent success.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2015, 02:12:59 pm by dickos1 »
It's not the end of the World Dickos, no.
It's not just the league places we've dropped either (it's 14 T the mo) It's more the lack of enjoyment/excitement and garbage that we've had to put up with this season, let alone that we still should be in the Championship and would have been given a decent manager.

It's your prerogative to continue to support him, but I think you're quickly becoming the minority

It's nothing to do with me supporting him, I'm not fussed if he goes now. It's just all the dramatic stuff posted on here.
The home games two years ago were no better than they've been this year and Saunders was getting slated for shit football so I'm not sure it was anymore exciting.
Saunders ground out results for us, created a great spirit that got us results from nowhere. But the football wasn't anymore exciting or enjoyable than it's been this year.
Look at the clubs that are in a proper proper mess like Blackpool, tranmere, Hereford, Stockport etc etc etc
All similar clubs to us, and are in a real mess. Were midtable in league 1 with no money issues, a decent squad, and good owners.
I don't see the doom and gloom

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 27, 2015, 02:55:05 pm by bpoolrover »
Me frost the home form that season was as bad as this year,but because we won people happily forget that

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2015, 11:45:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Hopefully some serious rebuilding is already under way behind the scenes, i would love the manager to get the right one's early, get them signed permanent, and try stay away from the loan market a bit more, we have been stung a few times with loan signings who don't give they're all.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 28, 2015, 08:53:19 am by ravenrover »
But who made those loan signings? Would you really trust PD to make the right decisions on permanent signings?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 29, 2015, 01:24:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
But who made those loan signings? Would you really trust PD to make the right decisions on permanent signings?

True he made the loan signings, and i am sure he looked into attitude etc and the manager loaning them out has maybe told a porky or two, i notice Uche was sub for Crewe on Saturday.
And the Rotherham fans don't have a good word to say about Clarke-Harris' attitude, they say he has the ability, that his attitude is stopping him achieving what his ability warrants.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 29, 2015, 01:37:13 am by andysly »
It'd be nice to think we could attract some decent players again while we are still a relatively big name in this league before we end up just becoming another nondescript side languishing at this level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012