Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 03:13:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McSheffrey has to be sacked  (Read 5560 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
McSheffrey has to be sacked
« on March 26, 2022, 06:56:18 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
Unfortunately not worked out. Can't sack him until it’s mathematically confirmed. Essential to seek early replacement. Completely out his depth. Keep him and it will end in at best a league 2 relegation scrap.
Board need to act now.  Just hope they are seeking out a replacement and not this inadequate lengthy interview process.
Surely for his career he may offer his resignation as he’s just not capable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: McSheffrey has to be sacked
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2022, 07:02:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If it happens, it happens..... 

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2022, 07:15:34 pm by anton123 »
I’d take any1 from this forum to take over for the last few games and honestly believe we would see an improvement of what we are been offered at the min

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2022, 07:24:46 pm by Campsall rover »
His team selections do concern me.

Martin in. Martin out. Martin in. Martin out. What’s he doing saving him for Christmas?  :zzz:

Smith getting subbed today. Bizarre.  :facepalm:

Leaving Griffiths on the bench when it was obvious for all to see that dummer and dummer are not going to score if the both stayed out there all night.
Neither of them had one shot on goal, not one.

Now if another manager can get those two to score he would have to be a majician.
If GM had some strikers then maybe just maybe he could get a tune out of this team.
Next summer with some proper recruitment maybe he can be the right man to be manager. As it is he working blindfold.
No one on the pitch especially the ones whose job it is, can see where the goal is.
So from his position on the touch line he is unable to do what he was very capable of doing as a player, Scoring.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 07:29:21 pm by Campsall rover »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2022, 07:27:14 pm by belton rover »
I’ve made a comparison to 97/98 on another thread. I think Scum bag Mark Weaver would do a better job (results wise) right now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2022, 07:29:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Prince Moncrieffe managed 10 league goals in 1997/98. Our top scorers this season are left back/midfielder Tommy Rowe (6) and centre back Joseph Olowu (4). That is diabolical from our attacking players.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2022, 07:30:15 pm by Campsall rover »
I’ve made a comparison to 97/98 on another thread. I think Scum bag Mark Weaver would do a better job (results wise) right now.
Can he score goals?   ;)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2022, 07:35:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I’m leaning to this view now. With Wellens I wanted him gone before Jan so a new manager could impact the team. I thought given what we’d seen till that point it was too much of a risk to allow someone who made us so poor spend money.

Situation is the same. The bar was very low for GM he just needed to make us look something like a football team and even if we went down it’d be ok. We’re clueless and not a single signing he made has really turned up. He had a spell where we picked up points but it was pure luck now looking back. It’s ran out now.

Irritating thing is if he had managed to make us half competent we’d have stayed up because everyone around us is poor. He’d be a hero and we’d all be well up for next season. If we got a different manager who had a bit of experience I’m sure we’d have got that small improvement needed.

Huge risk to stick with GM, and Younger for that matter, next season. If it were my money I’d not want it wasted on them. The improvement needed is too vast for a preseason to do it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2022, 07:40:04 pm by tyke1962 »
It's just an opinion from the outside looking in and obviously devoid of emotion given Rovers aren't my club .

The strategy is clearly the problem , the present squad and manager are simply symptoms of a poor strategy from those upstairs so to speak .

The budget isn't the worst in the league by any means , it's not the biggest but none the less other clubs on less or even equal are getting more bang for the buck than Rovers .

That's a strategy problem and some big decisions have to be made upstairs in my opinion going forward .

You shouldn't be where you are right now in my opinion which isn't to say you should be top six either but you shouldn't be staring relegation from league one in the face right now either in my opinion .

Your way better than this .

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2022, 07:40:42 pm by Juddy »
Watching our so called forwards/strikers taking shooting practice before kick off it is plain to see they are not up to the job and possibly never will be

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2022, 07:57:42 pm by Campsall rover »
It's just an opinion from the outside looking in and obviously devoid of emotion given Rovers aren't my club .

The strategy is clearly the problem , the present squad and manager are simply symptoms of a poor strategy from those upstairs so to speak .

The budget isn't the worst in the league by any means , it's not the biggest but none the less other clubs on less or even equal are getting more bang for the buck than Rovers .

That's a strategy problem and some big decisions have to be made upstairs in my opinion going forward .

You shouldn't be where you are right now in my opinion which isn't to say you should be top six either but you shouldn't be staring relegation from league one in the face right now either in my opinion .

Your way better than this .
We should be way better than this. The fact is we are not. Down to the recruitment we have made in the last 2 years. 
Butler wrong caretaker manager. Wellens wrong choice of manager ( hindsight ) and shocking recruitment.

Not to have a striker of any note signed before the season started. Sorry that’s incompetence.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2022, 08:11:58 pm by drfchound »

Martin in. Martin out. Martin in. Martin out. What’s he doing saving him for Christmas?  :zzz:

Leaving Griffiths on the bench when it was obvious for all to see that dummer and dummer are not going to score if the both stayed out there all night.

Now if another manager can get those two to score he would have to be a majician.
If GM had some strikers then maybe just maybe he could get a tune out of this team.
Next summer with some proper recruitment maybe he can be the right man to be manager. As it is he working blindfold.
No one on the pitch especially the ones whose job it is, can see where the goal is.
So from his position on the touch line he is unable to do what he was very capable of doing as a player, Scoring.

Camps, it is almost impossible to defend McSheff in my opinion.
With regards to the strikers, it was him who brought three of them to the club so he has to carry the can for that alone.
If I was in TBs shoes I wouldn’t be trusting him with the summer spending money.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 08:20:38 pm by drfchound »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2022, 08:17:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Camps, it is almost impossible to defend McSheff in my opinion.
With regards to the strikers, it was him who brought three of them to the club so h3 has to carry the can for that alone.
If I was in TBs shoes I wouldn’t be trusting him with the summer spending money.

100% this. If your signing players who Hiwula starts ahead of in a massive massive relegation game then your heads gone and you don’t even believe in yourself. No way should he or younger be here in the summer.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2022, 08:29:11 pm by Daniel_Smith »
McSheffrey ain't getting sacked.

Board will say he deserves a chance with his own team as what he inherited was Wellen's team (and to a lesser extent Moore's).

They'll totally ignore the fact he has shown himself up to be tactically inept and incapable of choosing a decent side to play or make astute substitutions.

He'll struggle to get some wins together in League 2, and that will be when the board acts. Like always, when it is too late.

New manager will come in mid way through next season I'd imagine.

Bookmark this post. Never been more sure of anything in my life.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2022, 08:30:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is not their usual mode, but they did move very quickly to sack Wellens. Very unlike them, but they couldn’t really have done it any sooner given he was only appointed in the summer.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2022, 08:30:51 pm by grayx »
Who replaced him as the u18’s coach?
He seemed to be doing a decent  job there, he’s quite a popular bloke so just slot him back there if its possible.
And please please identify a proven manager & try & get him. Not the usual recruitment circus which obviously isnt working.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2022, 08:32:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Yet another summer circus show ahead then.

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2022, 08:53:31 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
If we stick with Jeffery McSheffrey can you imagine how many fans will simply not bother next season. Once you miss a few games it soon becomes the norm. We could take a massive step back and end up with around 3,000 home fans in a ground with 15,000 capacity. Stands will be closed. Sounds dramatic; actually it’s stark reality.
Unfortunately (for him) he has to go for the benefit of the club.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2022, 09:00:30 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
What position will we fail to fill this summer? Will we get the centre forward we never signed this year?

This place is going to be a nightmare when Bogle scores against us

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2022, 09:50:48 pm by BigH »
I wanted GM's appointment to work based on his innate good character and the fact we were in a desperate position when Wellens went.

But it hasn't worked out and that means that a decision needs to be taken in the close season.

We need someone with serious experience at this level otherwise we'll just keep on sinking.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2022, 11:23:56 pm by swintonrover »
Who replaced him as the u18’s coach?
He seemed to be doing a decent  job there, he’s quite a popular bloke so just slot him back there if its possible.
And please please identify a proven manager & try & get him. Not the usual recruitment circus which obviously isnt working.

Nobody replaced him. They've got a caretaker manager. I wonder why that is?...

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2022, 11:45:48 pm by robchester »
I’m not defending anyone but Smith had been limping and feeling his leg in the 10 minutes prior to being brought off

FNB

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2022, 02:02:48 am by FNB »
If it happens it happens.  f**k off Gary.

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2022, 06:07:48 am by karlos »
We are in a position like Sunderland and Newcastle both were, where biting will improve no matter who is manager until new investment is found and a total change upstairs in the club.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 27, 2022, 06:24:14 am by DRFCSouth »
If he did go, and it was left until summer to replace him, we will no doubt end up in a similar situation to last year.

Expecting miracle signings, and only getting some dregs in at the last minute. And another drawn out manager hiring process.

Absolute potential for history repeating itself next year with another disaster of a season.

Surely, a responsible reaction to what's going on would be to line up targets now and get them in ASAP if the trigger is pulled come season end.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 27, 2022, 06:58:05 am by graingrover »
He startled me by referring to players’ contract renewals as if he knew he would be around d to negotiate .It also stupiFied me that he might think any player would want to sign a contract renewal under him .

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 27, 2022, 07:03:22 am by keith79 »
It will take to September to appointment our under 16s manager. We are stuck with mac.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2022, 08:44:15 am by drfchound »
The club should take action as soon as relegation is mathematically confirmed.
That is the time McSheff should be asked to leave, let Rowe or Copps take charge for what is left of the season and get a new man in place asap.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 27, 2022, 09:17:34 am by roversdude »
Really hoped this would work out, however his team selection, lack of tactical nous and some of the strange decisions (allowing Mipo to go early) show me he’s not ready. The interviews don’t suggest he can see anyway forward

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 27, 2022, 09:41:08 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Yep it’s not the relegation it’s the lack of improvement and bewildering decisions. GM had a very low bar that even relegation would be accepted by most if we restored a bit of responsibility.

We can’t look forward to next season with this guy pulling the strings imo and that’s more important to the decision than actual relegation

TinyPortal © 2005-2012