Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 11:53:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Schofield needs to go  (Read 8657 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Schofield needs to go
« Reply #90 on February 17, 2023, 01:20:42 pm by ravenrover »
The manager takes the pelters on here when we lose for bad selections and tactics, yet where are those posters when we win, not only win, but win three on the bounce with 3 clean sheets.  Who was responsible for those eh?

Doesn’t mean performances shouldn’t be looked at for improvement, but surely give credit where it’s due?

It’s amazing that some posters only appear after a defeat

Ridiculous comment. It could equally be said that some posters are noticeable by their absence after a defeat!
And here comes the cavalry

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on February 17, 2023, 02:27:45 pm by roversdude »
The manager takes the pelters on here when we lose for bad selections and tactics, yet where are those posters when we win, not only win, but win three on the bounce with 3 clean sheets.  Who was responsible for those eh?

Doesn’t mean performances shouldn’t be looked at for improvement, but surely give credit where it’s due?

Ridiculous comment. It could equally be said that some posters are noticeable by their absence after a defeat!
I think the proof is in open view in the forum EfD

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on February 17, 2023, 08:05:49 pm by IDM »
Some posters stay away after a defeat as they know full well what the general tone on here will be like, and have better things to do with their evenings than get dragged into unwanted arguments.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 17, 2023, 10:49:59 pm by EasyforDennis »

And here comes the cavalry

Whoa. It seems I might have hit a nerve.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on February 18, 2023, 09:10:49 am by ravenrover »
Really!!!?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on February 18, 2023, 09:55:14 am by dickos1 »
It’s a work in progress, and Barrow did not deserve a point, they had one option and did nothing but plough it up top to a big man for the last 15 minutes, possibly longer. It was agricultural in the extreme.

We looked more comfortable and confident, however we didn’t threaten their keeper much in the second half, and they were there for the taking. I did feel we held back rather than go for it.
 The inter play is slowly coming with wing backs and wide midfielders. Molly and Brown, Maxwell and Hurst.

Was it exciting - No I agree, it was beige as a game, with only the odd spark.
Are we better, and do we look like we have a plan - Absolutely

Is DS the right man - don’t know! The signs are good, and insider info is that he is the best coach we have ever seen- they included the time of Sod & Rok in this, that is some statement, but is no guarantee he will succeed.

Yes the signs are good, thankfully. But as to your comment about him being the best coach we have ever seen is also something I've been hearing for a long time around the club. Apparently training sessions are a delight for all the players and if we continue to see the improvement we have then maybe those comments are justified. I certainly hope so.

SM:  That's interesting and in a way surprising. To me, Schofield comes over as unemotional, detached and lacking in empathy. You would assume from his interview manner that training would be focused on the technical, because that is the way in which he relates events in matches rather than talking about the "actors", the players as individuals. If they genuinely like to work with him then it is a very definite "plus" (reminiscent of the way SOD was admired by his squad). I'd like to hope for more evidence of the fun by way of enthusiasm, enjoyment and therefore entertainment in the spectacle on the pitch.

Your constant bashing of schofield is becoming tiresome.
Who cares how he comes across in interviews, the fact is he’s improving the team.
Enjoy it

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 18, 2023, 10:09:02 am by redarmi66 »
It’s a work in progress, and Barrow did not deserve a point, they had one option and did nothing but plough it up top to a big man for the last 15 minutes, possibly longer. It was agricultural in the extreme.

We looked more comfortable and confident, however we didn’t threaten their keeper much in the second half, and they were there for the taking. I did feel we held back rather than go for it.
 The inter play is slowly coming with wing backs and wide midfielders. Molly and Brown, Maxwell and Hurst.

Was it exciting - No I agree, it was beige as a game, with only the odd spark.
Are we better, and do we look like we have a plan - Absolutely

Is DS the right man - don’t know! The signs are good, and insider info is that he is the best coach we have ever seen- they included the time of Sod & Rok in this, that is some statement, but is no guarantee he will succeed.

Yes the signs are good, thankfully. But as to your comment about him being the best coach we have ever seen is also something I've been hearing for a long time around the club. Apparently training sessions are a delight for all the players and if we continue to see the improvement we have then maybe those comments are justified. I certainly hope so.

SM:  That's interesting and in a way surprising. To me, Schofield comes over as unemotional, detached and lacking in empathy. You would assume from his interview manner that training would be focused on the technical, because that is the way in which he relates events in matches rather than talking about the "actors", the players as individuals. If they genuinely like to work with him then it is a very definite "plus" (reminiscent of the way SOD was admired by his squad). I'd like to hope for more evidence of the fun by way of enthusiasm, enjoyment and therefore entertainment in the spectacle on the pitch.

Your constant bashing of schofield is becoming tiresome.
Who cares how he comes across in interviews, the fact is he’s improving the team.
Enjoy it

In the same way some people couldnt handle SOD interviews, or the way Moore rambled his way through everything and Dickov talked a good game. In the end it doesnt really matter. Improvement, style and results on the pitch are all that counts.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 10:12:54 am by redarmi66 »

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 18, 2023, 10:14:37 am by andy didcott »
Alongside JC, he’s the best thing that has happened to this club in years.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 18, 2023, 12:01:17 pm by Avsuptem »
Interestingly, Tommy Rowe in his latest interview on ifollow said very little had changed in terms of the team's approach to the last 3 games, they are sticking to the game plan prescribed by Danny Schofield. If I recall correctly the golden era under Sean O'Driscol was slow to pick up steam but then his style of play started to bring results. Maybe DS is the new messiah and happy days are on the way.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 18, 2023, 12:38:04 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Interestingly, Tommy Rowe in his latest interview on ifollow said very little had changed in terms of the team's approach to the last 3 games, they are sticking to the game plan prescribed by Danny Schofield. If I recall correctly the golden era under Sean O'Driscol was slow to pick up steam but then his style of play started to bring results. Maybe DS is the new messiah and happy days are on the way.
it was never gonna be easy to get used to how DS wants to play as it was a complete change from McSheffrey, still improvements there to be made but at least we’re seeing a clear style of play and every player is buying into what DS wants.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on February 18, 2023, 02:00:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It was very noticeable in the last game that there was very little playing out from the back, perhaps DS has come to the conclusion that he doesn't have the calibre of players to do it all the time successfully.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 18, 2023, 02:08:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think it was as much played out from back using Maxwell and Brown, as it was launched long. Didn’t go through middle though that’s true.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on February 19, 2023, 07:57:18 am by BigH »
it was never gonna be easy to get used to how DS wants to play as it was a complete change from McSheffrey, still improvements there to be made but at least we’re seeing a clear style of play and every player is buying into what DS wants.
Let's not forget that DS has largely had to work with the hand he was dealt by McSheffrey's and Wellens's recruitment. Replacing Knoyle with someone who can actually defend and Clayton with a more mobile combative midfielder look to have improved the team. The next step is to address the forward line. Lavery is the immediate hope here - Mbappe wasn't available (!) - but, at the very least he will face an adjustment period from the level he was playing at at Scunthorpe.

My sense is that any real progress will come too late for us to make the play-offs. But then again my ambition at the start of the season was to see us bottom out of the slide we'd got into over the last couple of years.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 19, 2023, 09:05:45 am by ncRover »
Let's not forget that DS has largely had to work with the hand he was dealt by McSheffrey's and Wellens's recruitment. Replacing Knoyle with someone who can actually defend and Clayton with a more mobile combative midfielder look to have improved the team. The next step is to address the forward line. Lavery is the immediate hope here - Mbappe wasn't available (!) - but, at the very least he will face an adjustment period from the level he was playing at at Scunthorpe.

My sense is that any real progress will come too late for us to make the play-offs. But then again my ambition at the start of the season was to see us bottom out of the slide we'd got into over the last couple of years.

Someone like Ryan Bowman or Joe Ironside would work well. Good in the air but can also press and work hard like Miller.

Molyneux needs unlocking as a source of goals.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012