Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:12:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Ryan  (Read 5104 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
John Ryan
« on October 23, 2010, 08:16:10 pm by Nudga »
Please, please stop banging on about Stoke and Cardiff and how far we've come. What you/Rovers have achieved is bloody marvelous but I cringe every time he is interviewed because it's the same old lines every time. We are where we are on merit and it's about time you stopped dining out on past glories.

Oh and Steve Claridge is a dog nonce of the highest order. \"Small club\" this and that, \"nice little club\" blah blah blah.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re:John Ryan
« Reply #1 on October 23, 2010, 08:27:15 pm by Al4475 »
I was speaking to Claridge on the way out and Brian Deane. Claridge said he loved watching Rovers and was pleased to see that we are at last beginning to get the credit we deserve for the way we play and the way we are run. He said that he felt we always had far more in our locker than Sheff Utd, and there was no way they were getting anything from the game - 'Closed out wonderfully' is what he said in person to me, makes you wonder whether these pundits are told to take a certain viewpoint of the game in keeping with what is expected throughout the sport!

He was unaware which way my colours went as they were well under my coat on the way out (fcukin' freezin.') Deane also said that inside the footballing world Doncaster Rovers are getting many admiring glances for lots of reasons, especially the football. 'Anyone who knows anything about football appreciates everything about Doncaster Rovers!'

Made me feel dead good I tell thee! :)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 23, 2010, 08:32:37 pm by Nudga »
Good stuff, but I wish he would just drop the old \"little club\" tripe. It's just so condesending(sp) and boring and makes him look like he hasn't done his homework. He also said we paid £1.5mil for Sharp.

Wokingviking

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 23, 2010, 08:37:21 pm by Wokingviking »
Nudga wrote:
Please, please stop banging on about Stoke and Cardiff and how far we've come. What you/Rovers have achieved is bloody marvelous but I cringe every time he is interviewed because it's the same old lines every time. We are where we are on merit and it's about time you stopped dining out on past glories.

Oh and Steve Claridge is a dog nonce of the highest order. \"Small club\" this and that, \"nice little club\" blah blah blah.

But it's still a great story Nudga, and one that most people outside of our circle are hearing for the first time.  Wimbledon always got the same story wheeled out even more.  It's a fantastic story and we shouldn't tire of it or be embarrassed by it.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 23, 2010, 08:41:30 pm by Nudga »
It is a great story Woking and one that i am very proud to have been a part of like many on here. But it is getting tiresome when JR is being interviewed because the same old lines are used time and again. I'd like him to talk about the here and now and where he wants us to go from here and how he plans to grow the club.

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 23, 2010, 08:45:28 pm by DN5Rover »
JR may have faults \"not that I can think of any!\" But credit where credit is due. What other Chairman would pop into the Toad Brewery for a drink with the fans pre match.. The man is a bloody legend!!!!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 23, 2010, 08:54:11 pm by Nudga »
Please don't get me wrong, he is a legend and a fantastic bloke. I've met him in the chippy at Hyde Park and had a chat with him in the Mansion House, my mate has had a chin wag with him in McDonalds near Morcombe some years back so it's obvious he hasn't forgotten his roots. Let's just put our recent history away in a keep safe for a bit and take it out now and again to look back on with fondness.

VikingJames

« Reply #7 on October 23, 2010, 09:03:43 pm by VikingJames »
Just watched the game back on Sky plus. To be fair to JR, he wasn't going to mention the Conference/Cardiff and all that stuff until the interviewer asked him about it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 23, 2010, 09:37:34 pm by not on facebook »
fcuk me just wait untill rovers get into the prem as you would not have heard
owt when that day comes.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 23, 2010, 09:58:39 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Is it just me or did John look ill on the tv interview..hope not

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 23, 2010, 10:02:21 pm by Muttley »
I cringe every time I see those tombstones, keep your gob shut John and let Sean and the boys do the talking for you.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 23, 2010, 10:02:53 pm by MrFrost »
Goldthorpe Rover wrote:
Is it just me or did John look ill on the tv interview..hope not

I thought the exact same thing. He seemed really thin in the face. Quite worrying.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 23, 2010, 10:03:57 pm by BobG »
My first impression was the he was looking a lot older all of a sudden. I hope that's all it is.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 23, 2010, 10:12:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Muttley wrote:
I cringe every time I see those tombstones, keep your gob shut John and let Sean and the boys do the talking for you.

I wonder if Ryan has a spare set of pristine gnashers to lend to Hayter, given that the lad appears to be a couple light after his encounter with that ugly grunting cross-bred Dingle/Dee-Dah.

Donnydid

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 23, 2010, 11:23:39 pm by Donnydid »
I remember seeing John Ryan at a Shareholders meeting 20 years ago and was not impressed with him.
I respect him for taking over the Rovers after the Richardson era because to be honest I dont think anyone would, but I always hold back from saying how good a person is/was until they leave a club because suddenley all the money they put in a club becomes a loan. The only person in football who deserves an accolade is Jack Walker who put his money into his club knowing that he would not get a penny back and did it for the love of his club. How many Chairmen or Directors of clubs can do the same?

Great victory against the Blunts tonight, I loved it!

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 24, 2010, 12:44:52 am by rtid88 »
JR did look a lot older today for sum reason and did not look well!! I hope he is ok, because the man is an absolute legend!!!!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 24, 2010, 01:25:58 am by Chris »
rtid88 wrote:
JR did look a lot older today for sum reason and did not look well!! I hope he is ok, because the man is an absolute legend!!!!

Hair cut?!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 24, 2010, 01:54:16 am by silent majority »
Donnydid wrote:
I remember seeing John Ryan at a Shareholders meeting 20 years ago and was not impressed with him.
I respect him for taking over the Rovers after the Richardson era because to be honest I dont think anyone would, but I always hold back from saying how good a person is/was until they leave a club because suddenley all the money they put in a club becomes a loan. The only person in football who deserves an accolade is Jack Walker who put his money into his club knowing that he would not get a penny back and did it for the love of his club. How many Chairmen or Directors of clubs can do the same?

Great victory against the Blunts tonight, I loved it!

Well the JR money never was a 'loan' so you can deliver your plaudits now. Jack Walker, as good as he was, will never be in the same league as JR.

Donnydid

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 24, 2010, 08:06:17 am by Donnydid »
The problem is with all Chairmen and Directors of clubs is that they will constantly tell fans how much they are putting their own money into a club to keep it going, but when they spit the dummy out for whatever reason \"their own\" money suddenly becomes a loan.
And that is why you can only judge how good a Chairmen/Director is, is when they have gone.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 24, 2010, 08:39:20 am by coventryrover »
Donnydid wrote:
The problem is with all Chairmen and Directors of clubs is that they will constantly tell fans how much they are putting their own money into a club to keep it going, but when they spit the dummy out for whatever reason \"their own\" money suddenly becomes a loan.
And that is why you can only judge how good a Chairmen/Director is, is when they have gone.

I bet we'll miss JR when he goes!!!!  It's rare that a club has such an avid fan as the figurehead of the club.

He can talk about the conference, cup runs ad infinitum for all i care

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 24, 2010, 09:03:48 am by Barmby Rover »
Donnydid wrote:

You really don't get it do you, Doncaster Rovers has NO \"loans\" from any of it's shareholders, they own shares which JR has said will only ever be sold to the right sort of person. If after all these years you still have doubts about the man's voracity then I suggest you go to a VSC AGM and ask him personally, I am sure he will put you right!  :scarf:

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 24, 2010, 09:07:51 am by Hounslowrover »
I am sure JR has a hunger (voracity) for success etc, as well as veracity!!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
another John Ryan quote
« Reply #22 on October 24, 2010, 09:45:05 am by RoversDave »

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re:another John Ryan quote
« Reply #23 on October 24, 2010, 09:14:13 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Say what he wants for me adore the ground he walks on !!!!
 :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012