Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:35:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unresereved seating!  (Read 5195 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Unresereved seating!
« on November 21, 2010, 09:14:26 pm by Nudga »
I'm really hoping that the club seriously looks at this idea. I managed to get good tickets in the south stand about five rows from the back, a lot of guys standing up through out the game which i though was bang on......until I was asked to sit down because unfortunatly for me, a couple of blokes wanted to be seated for the duration of the game. Fair enough, that is their right and i'm not moaning at them, but I wanted to be in amongst em. Also the singers are well spread out so the atmosphere can be patchy. Is it possible/legal to have unreserved seating? It would give supporters the freedom to sit/stand with like minded supporters. Can we campaign for this as a supporters co-operative?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re:Unresereved seating!
« Reply #1 on November 22, 2010, 12:21:01 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've been an advocate of trying this because of the benefits it could bring.

Unreserved seating and/or safe standing for all those like minded would be a positive thing.

However, having said all that, it's not as easy as you think. There are some logistical issues where finding a 'seat' or a space, is not as easy as finding one if you have an allocated seat.

There would be a lot of people trying to find space, leaving odd seats here and there.

This is why I think we should experiment and see if it works by nominating the North Stand, as we had yesterday, as unreserved seating.

It could be done where you would still have the choice of choosing or buying an unreserved ticket from ticket office or online.

My guess is, most people given a choice will opt for choosing a specific seat.

Tell me if I have got this wrong.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 22, 2010, 10:19:30 am by Nudga »
Me and my mate were on about this and came up with the idea of splitting the south stand into reserved and un-reserved seating. Or even just designating a section for the singers like they do for family areas.
The atmosphere was quite good on saturday but it could have been a whole lot better if folk had the choice to sit/stand with like minded people. It would create the partisan atmosphere that we've been talking about for a couple of years.

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 22, 2010, 11:17:43 am by RoversDave »
Was the North stand allocated seating on Saturday, from my view it looked as though it was.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 22, 2010, 12:14:11 pm by RobTheRover »
The whole stadium is allocated seating.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 22, 2010, 12:14:55 pm by wing commander »
Its not going to happen and rightly so.The Keepmoat is a all seater stadium,therefore as the name suggests you cant stand.If you were stood and a fall forward happened everybody would suffer broken legs on the seats.
  Ive heard of some half baked ideas on this forum but this caps it all,You want the club to encourage unrestricted seating so you can stand up,totally against the stadiums health and safety policy..Good Luck...
   Do you sell chocolate ashtrays lads.?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 22, 2010, 12:17:10 pm by wing commander »
PS Nudga
           If you want the co-operative to campaign for something on your behalf,at least have the decency of joining it.!!  :ohmy:

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 22, 2010, 12:18:14 pm by scuzzer »
Sounds like he was sat behind you Nudga!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 22, 2010, 12:20:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
wing commander wrote:
Its not going to happen and rightly so.The Keepmoat is a all seater stadium,therefore as the name suggests you cant stand.If you were stood and a fall forward happened everybody would suffer broken legs on the seats.
  Ive heard of some half baked ideas on this forum but this caps it all,You want the club to encourage unrestricted seating so you can stand up,totally against the stadiums health and safety policy..Good Luck...
   Do you sell chockalate ashtrays lads.?

No but they do a good line in chocolate fireguards

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 22, 2010, 12:26:57 pm by wing commander »
Hahahah,no but this subject really annoys me,we recieved a grant to build the keepmoat on the basis it was a all seater stadium,the championship states after 2 complete seasons it has to be a all seater stadium.The clubs health and safety policy states theres to be no standing.So yes it would bloody annoy me if someone stood up in front of me, because quite frankly it couldnt be any clearer what the rules are.!!!
   People can moan all they wont but it just cant change.I am also a big believer in allocated seating,whilst its not a problem to move after the game has begun,i am fed up of going to away games to find someone sat in my seat because its a better one than theirs and claim unallocated seating as there exscuse for doing it. :angry:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 22, 2010, 12:31:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »
wing commander wrote:
Hahahah,no but this subject really annoys me,we recieved a grant to build the keepmoat on the basis it was a all seater stadium,the championship states after 2 complete seasons it has to be a all seater stadium.The clubs health and safety policy states theres to be no standing.So yes it would bloody annoy me if someone stood up in front of me, because quite frankly it couldnt be any clearer what the rules are.!!!
   People can moan all they wont but it just cant change.I am also a big believer in allocated seating,whilst its not a problem to move after the game has begun,i am fed up of going to away games to find someone sat in my seat because its a better one than theirs and claim unallocated seating as there exscuse for doing it. :angry:

Hear hear to all of that, and as far as the club is concerned allocated seating in theory means they know who is sitting there if anything kicks off and they need to check on cctv etc in practice well.....

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 22, 2010, 01:36:49 pm by Nudga »
wing commander wrote:
PS Nudga
           If you want the co-operative to campaign for something on your behalf,at least have the decency of joining it.!!  :ohmy:

It's not about decency, it's about not affording it at the moment. That ok wi you?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 22, 2010, 02:11:34 pm by MrFrost »
wing commander wrote:

Were you the moron who reduced my four year old step daughter to tears for accidently kicking on the back of your seat.

Get a grip man. If people want to stand, as long as no one objects then that is fine.

I wonder how you would get on if you followed a team that supporters stand at EVERY away game. ie Leeds, Wednesday, Man Utd.

As for unallocated seating, IMO it is something that needs to be done.

And no, i'm not a member of the VSC either. Feel free to use that against me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 22, 2010, 02:15:20 pm by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
wing commander wrote:

Were you the moron who reduced my four year old step daughter to tears for accidently kicking on the back of your seat.

Get a grip man. If people want to stand, as long as no one objects then that is fine.

I wonder how you would get on if you followed a team that supporters stand at EVERY away game. ie Leeds, Wednesday, Man Utd.

Tight Git! ;)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 22, 2010, 02:18:35 pm by MrFrost »
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
wing commander wrote:

Tight Git! ;)

Did I mention i've got a free ticket for the Barnsley game?  :P

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 22, 2010, 02:23:00 pm by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
wing commander wrote:

Tight Git! ;)

You could use the money you had put aside for that game to join the VSC then eh? or use some of the profits you`ve made selling dodgy laptop spares  ;)  :P

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 22, 2010, 02:26:00 pm by MrFrost »
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
wing commander wrote:

Tight Git! ;)

You could use the money you had put aside for that game to join the VSC then eh? or use some of the profits you`ve made selling dodgy laptop spares  ;)  :P

Mate we're not selling any spares at the minute thanks to eBay.
I will join the VSC one day. Maybe.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 22, 2010, 02:27:24 pm by MrFrost »
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
wing commander wrote:

Tight Git! ;)

Mate we're not selling any spares at the minute thanks to eBay.
I will join the VSC one day. Maybe.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 22, 2010, 02:32:12 pm by wing commander »
Mr Frost

Is that the basis of your argument,that i was the moron who kicked your daughters seat??????? unbelievable and how dare i ask does your logic work that out.??However to put your mind at rest the lad in front of me is about 40 with a beard..

How much clearer does the phrase \"all seater stadium need to be\" ???

I personally prefer terraceing,i miss one or two of the old characters from the popside and the atmosphere is better i agree,but it wont be allowed to happen and i think thats a good thing i occasionely take my 7 year old son and its nice for him to be able to see the game sat safe in a seat..

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 22, 2010, 02:37:10 pm by MrFrost »
wing commander wrote:
Mr Frost

Is that the basis of your argument,that i was the moron who kicked your daughters seat??????? unbelievable and how dare i ask does your logic work that out.??However to put your mind at rest the lad in front of me is about 40 with a beard..

How much clearer does the phrase \"all seater stadium need to be\" ???

I personally prefer terraceing,i miss one or two of the old characters from the popside and the atmosphere is better i agree,but it wont be allowed to happen and i think thats a good thing i occasionely take my 7 year old son and its nice for him to be able to see the game sat safe in a seat..

No, she kicked someone's seat. The guy then turned round and gave her a right bollocking. Suffice to say, he moved seats after I confronted him.

My point was that you just seem to be moaning for moanings sake.
If people want to stand and create an atmosphere, then let them.

Again, how would you get on if for example all our fans at away games started standing like Leeds fans etc do?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 22, 2010, 03:14:43 pm by wing commander »
Well to answer your specific question,i would probably have to stop attending away games as the lad i travel with has a back problem that means he wouldnt be able to stand for 45 mins at a time but thats irrelevent.As is the fact that some tosser had a go at your daughter for something so trivial.
   However the reality doesnt change the fact there is no way the club can change the policy wether every fan demanded it or not,its not in the league rules,stadium public liability insurance rules and all the red tape that follows.
   Like i said im full in agreement with that and wether you think im moaning because i have a different view than you is immaterial.Every fan who sits in the stadium can now watch the game in relatively safety and i dont think you can mess about with that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 22, 2010, 03:38:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't get too hooked up on the standing issue. No one is suggesting that anyone can stand at the expense of others who wish to remain seated.

The discussion is about unreserved seating. The pros and cons.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 22, 2010, 03:59:27 pm by wing commander »
Okay fair enough,i think a lot of unreserved seating already goes off,for instance i have been in my seat since we came to the keepmoat,3 rows down is a bloke whose seat next to him was always empty and has been since halfway through the first season.He has enquired every year to purchase the seat as a season ticket for his mate.However he cany buy it as its renewed every year by its owner,obviousley he sits elsewhere and cant be arsed to change it...So his mate also bought a ticket elsewhere but sits with him.I suspect that happens a lot.
   However the problem is how can the club set aside a unrestricted area because wherever they do it some loyal fan will have a longterm season ticket for that area???
   They could maybe do something in the east stand but i doubt that would appeal.....

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 22, 2010, 06:16:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What we are thinking about is a trial, which of course would need to be in an area such as North East. Which ever area is identified then fans can buy tickets specifically for that area.

If successful, then the next step would be to consider

a) Convert the South Stand to unreserved seating
b) Convert the lower sections of the SS for unreserved seating (The upper rows being filled by ST holders)

The benefits being groups of people being able to sit together and chose where they sit.

It may also encourage, for want of a better word 'singers' to congregate behind the goal kop style with a view to recreating the atmosphere we normally get at away matches.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 22, 2010, 06:33:37 pm by wing commander »
The problew with that is will the club want to risk upsetting the season ticket holders in whatever area is chosen.If i wasnt allowed to renew mine in west stand i would be annoyed.Not so much about the seat but losing the comradship i have developed with people sat around me for the past 4 years or so.Pete the posty,max and liz from rosso etc.The idea is fine but someone will lose out.However that Swansea will have given the club hope and prove that reasonable pricing and good marketing brings results.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 22, 2010, 06:47:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
You do know all the bandwidth you use when making all those posts of yours isn't free, don't you?  :huh:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 22, 2010, 07:09:00 pm by redwine »
\"My point was that you just seem to be moaning for moanings sake.\"

Oh the irony, be still my aching sides

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase

calling, black, pot, kettle

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 22, 2010, 07:13:36 pm by wing commander »
bobjimwilly-i was replying to the previous point on a subject i am quite passionate about,whats your problem with that?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 22, 2010, 07:35:02 pm by Boomstick »
wing commander wrote:
Well to answer your specific question,i would probably have to stop attending away games as the lad i travel with has a back problem that means he wouldnt be able to stand for 45 mins at a time but thats irrelevent.As is the fact that some tosser had a go at your daughter for something so trivial.
   However the reality doesnt change the fact there is no way the club can change the policy wether every fan demanded it or not,its not in the league rules,stadium public liability insurance rules and all the red tape that follows.
   Like i said im full in agreement with that and wether you think im moaning because i have a different view than you is immaterial.Every fan who sits in the stadium can now watch the game in relatively safety and i dont think you can mess about with that.

A seat doesnt mean you have to sit in it for the whole game. Everyone should have the choice of what they want to do, hence a singing section for the fanatics who like to stand. That way 'fans' like yourself can sit elsewhere and tut away at your hearts content at other people enjoying themselves.
(I used the word fans in invertad commas because sitting in silence is hardly fanatical behaviour)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 22, 2010, 07:58:44 pm by wing commander »
Broomstick,i didnt know you were such an expert into my fanatism you are obviousley wasted on here you should be on living on phsycic telly,Who the hell are you to question my fanatism to Rovers???,i have supported this club home and away for best part of 30 years yet just because i dont believe in standing at football you think you can assume i am not a proper fan.Idiot
   For the record the reason i believe so strongly on this matter is due to the loss of a friend at Hillsborough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012