Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:38:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unresereved seating!  (Read 5195 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re:Unresereved seating!
« Reply #30 on November 22, 2010, 08:45:59 pm by Nudga »
Like wise, who the hell are you to question my decency? My idea was to try and promote a decent \"match day experience\" (man I hate that phrase) for everyone.
My idea was to divide the south stand into reserved/unresereved, including reserved/unreserved season tickets. You have got a point regarding my comments about standing, but I won't apologies for that because I had ten minutes of footballing heaven stood up belting out a few songs and blowing the cobwebs away. But, as always, it amazes me of how pompous and big headed season ticket holders and VSC members can be when it comes to such debates.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 22, 2010, 09:02:12 pm by wing commander »
To be fair Nudja,thats a fair point which i accept. In truth it is easy to forget that know i am not the youngest anymore THAT i did have my time stood on the popside singing.That is know no longer available to the younger fan growing up with Rovers.
  Im just at a loss on how this can be accomadated though,there is no way that with the rules and regulations how they are today that Rovers have any leeway with this even if they wanted too.
  The first point of call if you feel strongly enough about it has to be with the football league as until there rules change you have no way of moving this forward.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 22, 2010, 09:19:33 pm by Nudga »
What i don't understand is how can other spectater sports can still stand and even have a drink in the stands and only football supporters are punished for a tragedy that happened twenty years ago. Technology has moved on so it's impossible for a stand to get over crowded.
I see what you're saying about ST holders being displaced by unreserved tickets and i haven't thought of an idea to placate them, maybe a 50% discount on their new displacement ST? What i'd like to see is a family stand, a partisan singing stand and the other for the inbetweeners.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 22, 2010, 09:22:20 pm by gillinghamrover »
http://www.parliament.uk/briefingpapers/commons/lib/research/briefings/snha-03937.pdf

Interesting read for those who`ve never seen the above. It sets out some good arguements for and against, I know this thread is about unreserved seating however those who spent time trying to justify standing, might be worth a look!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012