Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:21:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: SO'Ds radio interview.  (Read 4326 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
SO'Ds radio interview.
« on January 02, 2011, 08:58:27 am by Nudga »
Just been listening to his post match interview and SO'D went on about us being a small club with no money and no fan base and Prem players don't want to come here because it would be a blot on their CV. He said it a couple of times in the interviewand I admire his honesty but i'm not sure if he his down playing our credentials and trying to get the pub team spirit back or he is bleating about it. Anyone else heard it and what are your thoughts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re:SO'Ds radio interview.
« Reply #1 on January 02, 2011, 09:09:29 am by Berkshire Rover »
Just listened to it as well, I hope it's classic SOD disinformation, not wanting to say anything positive until a deal is done with someone.

What he did say is logical however, premiership players are unlikely to want to step down into the Championship unless they feel confident that they are joining a club with ambition and potential.

I am optimistic that something good is going to happen soon, I hope it's not just wishful thinking.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 02, 2011, 10:03:22 am by Viking Don »
About right, he doesn't say they don't want to come here, but that prem players don't want to drop a league to go to any club, even then he's really only on about established prem players. Not sure about the Kilgallon comments though, we'll have to just wait and see I guess.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on January 02, 2011, 10:06:42 am by GM-MarkB »
Unfortunately I haven't heard the interview but if it is an attempt at smoke and mirrors, I fail to see what purpose it serves when he appears to be moaning about the club in public. All it does is discourage what support their is and gives the impression to the outside world that playing for DRFC is something that should be avoided at all costs and is akin to being sent to the salt mines in Siberia.

Actually my opinion is that sooner rather than later he'll be replacing old big nose at Molineux...McCarthy can't have many lives left there now surely  :huh:

Thats just my opinion of course

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 02, 2011, 10:17:00 am by DonnyRTID »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 02, 2011, 10:20:12 am by Wellred »
I agree Mark.
I know its Sean's way but everytime he speaks he seems to give the impression that we are a skint little club.
He even comes across sometimes as if he can't really understand why any good players would come here.
He might be a brilliant tactician and one of the best at getting average players play well but maybe the club should do a Fergie and like he never speaks to the BBC maybe we shouldn't let Sean speak to the press?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 02, 2011, 11:13:02 am by CusworthRovers »
I'm not seeing these so called negative vibes from Sean in this interview.

As an aside to all the Kilgallon rumours. If we believe what we read and hear, isn't Wheater meant to be on his way this month. Would that not mean they might want to try and hang onto the loaning of Kilgallon. Obviously money will talk and the issue of loan or permanent signing may be a factor too.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2011, 11:18:38 am by Viking Don »
I've a slight suspicion that Woodgate will be Wheater's replacement, so there's life in the Kilgallon rumour yet. It might be more of a hope than a suspicion though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2011, 11:24:18 am by RobTheRover »
On the contrary, I think Sean's interviews with RS are excellent.  You are only listening to the words he uses, not what he says.

Listen to the interview again and I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion as me.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2011, 11:41:31 am by Ldr »
How are the 8 pints rob? ;)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2011, 11:41:51 am by Ldr »
How are the 8 pints rob? ;)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2011, 11:42:50 am by RobTheRover »
Nearly ready for consumption, I understand.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #12 on January 02, 2011, 12:27:13 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
To be fair to sod if we judged him myself included as being off to she'd utd by not ruling himself out the interview means kilgallon has defo signed :laugh: Incidently as I see oster is in the notw team of the week but no one has voted him mom yet :unsure:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2011, 12:32:15 pm by RobTheRover »
Oster was very good yesterday, but Mills was better.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2011, 12:36:43 pm by DonnyRTID »
Mills, Hayter & Sharp all get my vote before Oster.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2011, 12:55:26 pm by RobTheRover »
Oster was the one who invariably linked play from midfield to the forwards yesterday, and also was the one who played keep ball when we needed to take the pressure off.  He is getting better and better in this system, in my opinion, and clearly revels in the free role he has to express himself.  Best signing of the season, in my eyes.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief when he signed up for another two years in the summer.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2011, 01:13:19 pm by danumdon »
Had a bit of a giggle when he got himself into a real pickle talking about Coppinger, started off not wanting to sound as if Copps was getting on a little then just gave up in the end and blurted it out,

Vintage SOD.

VikingJames

« Reply #17 on January 02, 2011, 04:56:16 pm by VikingJames »
I'm not his biggest fan, but I thought Wilson played well yesterday. He was ideal in there as Scunny made it a battle in midfield and Willo got stuck in well. He did the simple stuff well, which is what he needs to do. When he tries to do the work of Oster/Stock, that is when he lets himself down, and that is usually my beef with him. No complaints for yesterday's display, though. He stuck to the basics and was effective.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2011, 05:06:39 pm by Drover »
RobTheRover wrote:
On the contrary, I think Sean's interviews with RS are excellent.  You are only listening to the words he uses, not what he says.

Listen to the interview again and I'm sure you will come to the same conclusion as me.

My conclusion is not just 8 pints,but 8 pints permantly? Can it be true ? :woohoo:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2011, 05:18:27 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
I'm not his biggest fan, but I thought Wilson played well yesterday. He was ideal in there as Scunny made it a battle in midfield and Willo got stuck in well. He did the simple stuff well, which is what he needs to do. When he tries to do the work of Oster/Stock, that is when he lets himself down, and that is usually my beef with him. No complaints for yesterday's display, though. He stuck to the basics and was effective.

I remember you saying what exactly does Wilson bring to the team, well, you`ve answered your own question there, an answer that was given to you and others numerous times, nice to see you got there in the end  ;)

VikingJames

« Reply #20 on January 02, 2011, 05:34:14 pm by VikingJames »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

I remember you saying what exactly does Wilson bring to the team, well, you`ve answered your own question there, an answer that was given to you and others numerous times, nice to see you got there in the end  ;)

Shame he only plays within his capabilities once in a blue moon then eh?

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2011, 07:38:19 pm by donnybel »
James I never thought I'd see the day that you gave Wilson a bit of praise but he just keeps things on an even keel for me.  The mid field plays a lot more freely when he just sits in doing the basic stuff.  Also Wilson in 2 games and 2 wins for us.

:)  :)  :)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 02, 2011, 08:10:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »
donnybel wrote:
James I never thought I'd see the day that you gave Wilson a bit of praise but he just keeps things on an even keel for me.  The mid field plays a lot more freely when he just sits in doing the basic stuff.  Also Wilson in 2 games and 2 wins for us.

Also Stock, Oster, Copps etc., in 2 games 2 wins for us.

Sorry but we need players in that area who can do more than just 'the basic stuff'. He's starting because we are waiting for the likes of Woods & Gillet to get back to full fitness.

A squad player for me & fortunate to be playing under SOD or there's no way he would be a Championship footballer.

We need to get Stock to put pen to paper this month. Oster is 'running the show' at present, but only because he has a player alongside him with the vision of Stock, to offer him an outlet or cover when he's running with the ball.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 02, 2011, 08:22:01 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Mark Wilson has started 5 games for us so far this season.
3 wins, 1 draw v Swansea, which we all know we should have won, and the defeat at Palace.

At the moment I'm more than happy to see Wilson in the first 11. The last two games we've looked better with him in the side, as we did earlier on when Gillett was playing that same role.

Some of our best performances last season came about with Oster playing more central, with Wilson doing the donkey work along side him.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 02, 2011, 08:26:48 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I was Wilson biggest critic but thought he had great game yesterday

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 02, 2011, 09:40:07 pm by hoolahoop »
Willo is a good player at what he does and brings exactly what we need to the team at the moment.
I thought he had a very good game but some will NEVER lose their prejudices re. what he brings to the team.........ffs look at what he does well and I mean well.

VikingJames

« Reply #26 on January 02, 2011, 09:58:35 pm by VikingJames »
donnybel wrote:

Can't really win though, can I?

I get slated when I criticise him, and as you can see earlier in the thread, I'm not even allowed to get away with praising him.

Colin C No.3 wrote:

Also Stock, Oster, Copps etc., in 2 games 2 wins for us.

Sorry but we need players in that area who can do more than just 'the basic stuff'. He's starting because we are waiting for the likes of Woods & Gillet to get back to full fitness.

A squad player for me & fortunate to be playing under SOD or there's no way he would be a Championship footballer.

We need to get Stock to put pen to paper this month. Oster is 'running the show' at present, but only because he has a player alongside him with the vision of Stock, to offer him an outlet or cover when he's running with the ball.

Agree with the bit in bold. But credit where it's due, he did a good job yesterday.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 02, 2011, 10:38:31 pm by donnybel »
:lol:  Actually James I agree with a lot of what you say, but usually disagree with what you say about Wilson. I'm probably biased anyway cos I think he's rather fit!!! Opinions, opinions.  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012