Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:31:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Away coach advice  (Read 1343 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Away coach advice
« on August 09, 2023, 08:03:56 am by Nudga »
My 15 year old lad wants to start going to away games with his mates but I won't allow him to go by train for obvious reasons.

Are the guys who organise them on here? Is there some kind of membership fee to pay as well as travel cost or is just pay as you go?

Thanks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBiz

• VSC Member
Re: Away coach advice
« Reply #1 on August 09, 2023, 08:36:17 am by DonnyBiz »
There's a post further down Nudga, from Retford Rover

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=288539.0

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2023, 08:50:38 am by Thorney »
Just got prices up for train to Newport this Saturday, £194 return for 1 adult and 1 child. That's one big reason not to travel by train

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2023, 08:57:30 am by The Beast »
Just got prices up for train to Newport this Saturday, £194 return for 1 adult and 1 child. That's one big reason not to travel by train
Remember they’ve got to pay those poor shareholders for this piss poor excuse of a service!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 09, 2023, 09:22:39 am by Nudga »
Looks like he won't be going on the coach until January when he turns 16.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 09, 2023, 10:46:23 am by Albert Trousers »
66 quid for one adult & 1 child with a railcard for the Newport game last season, booked well in advance though.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 09, 2023, 01:01:46 pm by retford rover »
Hi Nudga

A new ruling now is that   under 15's  are not allowed to travel on there own without a responsible adult  over 18 travelling.
this  is a safe guarding  issue,   and has come after meetings with  all parties involved  club and officials.
i used to go on my own at 11 years on ken Avis buses, but times have changed
a we have a fraction of  15 y-16 year olds  who want to drink  and cause problembs at away games unfortunately.
i want to encourage more fans to come to games, and your lad is more than likely  one of the under 16s  who just wants to go the games and enjoy, personally  i've been censored for letting under 16s on the buses over the last few seasons

at 16   would be ok to travel
hope this helps Nudga

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 09, 2023, 01:58:06 pm by Nudga »
Hi Nudga

A new ruling now is that   under 15's  are not allowed to travel on there own without a responsible adult  over 18 travelling.
this  is a safe guarding  issue,   and has come after meetings with  all parties involved  club and officials.
i used to go on my own at 11 years on ken Avis buses, but times have changed
a we have a fraction of  15 y-16 year olds  who want to drink  and cause problembs at away games unfortunately.
i want to encourage more fans to come to games, and your lad is more than likely  one of the under 16s  who just wants to go the games and enjoy, personally  i've been censored for letting under 16s on the buses over the last few seasons

at 16   would be ok to travel
hope this helps Nudga

Thank you mate, it's not a problem, he's happy to wait until January when he turns 16.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2023, 01:57:55 pm by retford rover »
he is always welcome  to travel
or does he have a friend over 18 who would be preparired to travel  with your lad who would vouch for him

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2023, 03:08:43 pm by Nudga »
No, all his mates are still 14 and 15. He'll come with me on the ones I go to and then he can go on the coach in January when he turns 16.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2023, 06:10:22 pm by Goole Rover »
Remember they’ve got to pay those poor shareholders for this piss poor excuse of a service!
And the nationolised Network Rail.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2023, 07:22:52 pm by roversdude »
Totally agree there has to be a cut off date for things but I’ve never known a gobby 15 year go to bed as a 15 year 364 day old person and wake up the next day as a model citizen (not suggesting young Nudga is gobby by the way)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2023, 08:35:07 pm by Nudga »
Totally agree there has to be a cut off date for things but I’ve never known a gobby 15 year go to bed as a 15 year 364 day old person and wake up the next day as a model citizen (not suggesting young Nudga is gobby by the way)

Haha he is gobby but he's a good lad when out and about.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012