Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:13:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's looking more obvious....  (Read 4713 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: It's looking more obvious....
« Reply #60 on November 14, 2023, 06:22:54 am by dickos1 »
Its quite simple really, barring the exception of Molyneux every player that was here last season needs to go.

That’s nonsense!
Close, westbrooke, Anderson, have all been very good this season!
Maxwell, hurst we would be mad to get rid of

Maxwell and Hurst i will give you but the other 3 you are talking absolute tripe. I will make a bet with you that after the next summer window they are either shifted on or are squad players. The fact that Close and Anderson never stay fit is an argument in itself but to say they have been very good.....wow, just wow. We really have been that bad the last few years for you to see that. Do you think these players walk into one of the teams in the top 7 right now as a starter? Because thats what i mean by being good enough. You really are just one of the posters on here that are happy with 19th. Win a few, lose a few and you are happy.

Absolute nonsense!
Westbrooke and close are vital to this team,
Westbrooke is far and away the most improved player this season, without close our points total would much worse off he’s created plenty and scored important goals.
I’m baffled that anyone who watches the games can seriously suggest close and Westbrooke are no good.
Obviously got no idea what you’re talking about

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 14, 2023, 08:19:06 am by ncRover »
Without Close and Westbrooke the midfield can’t string literally more than 2 passes together.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 14, 2023, 09:43:01 am by ravenrover »
  Raven, I only have one agenda for Doncaster Rovers and that is to have better players at the club than we currently have sitting 19th in the second division, and that includes Close who has been part of our fall from grace when he has played while being our top earning player, we can and have to get better as quickly as we can.
I can't see where I mentioned any individuals but never mind Selby if you thought it was aimed directly at you, it wasn't

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 14, 2023, 10:49:35 am by Colin C No.3 »
Westbrooke is our version of  Man Utd’s Ray Wilkins in the 80’s who Atkinson dubbed ‘The crab’ because his passing range was either sideways or backwards.

Westbrooke also manages to be caught in possession far too often & against Wimbledon he had the ball taken from him 30 yards from his own goal which nearly led to their first goal. That’s because he’s not aware of what’s happening around him which should be ‘a given’ for any aspiring midfielder.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 14, 2023, 06:12:41 pm by dickos1 »
Westbrooke is our version of  Man Utd’s Ray Wilkins in the 80’s who Atkinson dubbed ‘The crab’ because his passing range was either sideways or backwards.

Westbrooke also manages to be caught in possession far too often & against Wimbledon he had the ball taken from him 30 yards from his own goal which nearly led to their first goal. That’s because he’s not aware of what’s happening around him which should be ‘a given’ for any aspiring midfielder.

Completely disagree, no issue with that though!
I think westbrooke is always one step ahead and knows what he’s doing with the ball before he gets it.
I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with playing the ball backwards and sidewards, it keeps us ticking over and gets the opposition running around, also creates space

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 14, 2023, 06:41:19 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Every team needs a player who keeps things simple and keeps the ball moving. Do think that Westbrooke is better tho when Close is alongside him because Close is the one who plays the more adventurous passes allowing Westbrooke to keep it ticking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012