Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:21:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCanns high press  (Read 2366 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: McCanns high press
« Reply #30 on December 26, 2023, 07:24:27 pm by dickos1 »
It must all be a dream when McCann came in an assured the fans 'they will be my signings'. No it's not a dream, he clearly made that (or similar) statements several times. Why he is ascribed no responsibility whereas Schofield got absolutely berated by the fans makes no logical sense.

Out of the players playing at the minute, McCanns signings equate to around half the starting line up.
And they are the ones doing their best amongst the shite around them.
Ironside, Bailey, senior, Nixon, sterry! Are not the problem.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 26, 2023, 07:29:27 pm by pib »
It must all be a dream when McCann came in an assured the fans 'they will be my signings'. No it's not a dream, he clearly made that (or similar) statements several times. Why he is ascribed no responsibility whereas Schofield got absolutely berated by the fans makes no logical sense.

I don’t think that’s the case. I think quite a few people on here have put the responsibility for where we are on McCann.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 26, 2023, 07:39:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Blunts gone so Copps is the latest scapegoat?

When he was appointed HoFO people said he wasn't the right appointment, it's not a new thing.

So what's the point in going over old ground?

For a start, we don't know for sure which of the more recent recruits were McCanns or Copps' 'signings' or maybe both?

We can debate until the cows come home about our recruitment in the past and all those potentially involved.

More recent changes have been made. Changes also made on the fitness side of things but haven't really had chance to take effect.

Even before today, before Bradford, before Morecambe, we know McCann needs time to work through this, so there's no point changing the agenda and the focus on what's needed.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 26, 2023, 07:57:01 pm by Lesonthewest »
Sick of hearing about Moore, Butler, Schofield, McSheffrey. There are changes at the club to put things right at this time, going over old ground is counter productive & has been done to death. Sounds like McCann has felt the wrath of some of our supporters today, their money, their choice. McCann has reiterated in his interview this is now going to take a while to sort out. I'm with him all the way. Just thankfull he won't chuck the towel in & is up for the challenge, more than can be said for some of the players.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 09:02:54 pm by Lesonthewest »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 26, 2023, 08:14:39 pm by NickDRFC »

When he was appointed HoFO people said he wasn't the right appointment, it's not a new thing.

For a start, we don't know for sure which of the more recent recruits were McCanns or Copps' 'signings' or maybe both?

We can debate until the cows come home about our recruitment in the past and all those potentially involved.

More recent changes have been made. Changes also made on the fitness side of things but haven't really had chance to take effect.

Even before today, before Bradford, before Morecambe, we know McCann needs time to work through this, so there's no point changing the agenda and the focus on what's needed.

“What’s the point in going over old ground?”

Accountability? Learning lessons? Not being doomed to make the same mistakes over and over and over again?

Nah let’s just stick our head in the ground because we’re all Rovers fans aren’t we.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 26, 2023, 09:44:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

“What’s the point in going over old ground?”

Accountability? Learning lessons? Not being doomed to make the same mistakes over and over and over again?

Nah let’s just stick our head in the ground because we’re all Rovers fans aren’t we.

Nobody's sticking their heads in the ground. It's about the hear and now, not about 6 months ago  12 months ago, 24 months ago. Different managers, different coaches, different scouts, different h3ads of recruitment, different medical teams back then. All those changes to where we are now, are based on decisions of accountability and  trying to learn those lessons. Unless you want to compound previous mistakes by making another huge one by sacking yet another manager?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 26, 2023, 09:55:01 pm by tyke1962 »
Well look at it this way , at least GM isn't going to do one on you like he did the last time for the foreseeable .

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 26, 2023, 10:48:01 pm by RoversInSpain »

Out of the players playing at the minute, McCanns signings equate to around half the starting line up.
And they are the ones doing their best amongst the shite around them.
Ironside, Bailey, senior, Nixon, sterry! Are not the problem.
100%. Went to the game today, first live game for a very long time. I’ve watched pretty much every match on IFollow for last 3 years.
I watched a lot of the players off the Ball.
At the end of the game there weren’t too many positives but I saw Sterry, Senior and Nixon giving some real effort + if only Molly could finish
The players offering very little on that pitch today were Biggins,Anderson,Olowu,Close.Rowe looked disinterested.
Special mention to Flint put more effort than the two centre backs put together.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012