Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:46:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is it time to......  (Read 4059 times)

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
Re: Is it time to......
« Reply #60 on January 29, 2024, 06:29:16 pm by RoversInSpain »

Is it time to……

Sign a few really good players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 29, 2024, 06:34:16 pm by Nudga »

Is it time to……

I'm actually really disappointed that GM hasn't started shifting out players in this window, and I don't mean youth team loans.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 29, 2024, 07:02:02 pm by roverstillidie91 »

Is it time to……

I'm actually really disappointed that GM hasn't started shifting out players in this window, and I don't mean youth team loans.
Some are most likely out of contract in the summer and would require paying off maybe. Or maybe teams aren't interested in our polayers.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 29, 2024, 07:59:39 pm by GazLaz »

Is it time to……

One of the biggest skills in football management/ running a club is getting unwanted players out. We do it abysmally.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 29, 2024, 08:09:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
Out?! We give them long term contracts!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 29, 2024, 08:10:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
And when we try it…Omar Bogle and Ed Williams. Didn’t end well.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 29, 2024, 08:57:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
And when we try it…Omar Bogle and Ed Williams. Didn’t end well.

Exactly. Such things should remain confidential anyway. Players being ostracised is never a good look and often comes back to bite you.

Whilst we might see little future with a few, McCann may need them at some point.

As pointed out though, some other club has to want them!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 29, 2024, 09:46:34 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If we sign better players the ones that don’t work out will be easier to get rid of.

We’re so low down the pyramid now that anyone who doesn’t get in our team is barely a professional. Who is going to want them!

The club was criticised rightly under Moore for sacrificing the club’s stability in place of short termism. But yet again we’ve over corrected and offered long contracts to below average players.

There’s a reason 1 year deals are the norm at this level. Anyone getting a 2-3 year deal should either be very safe I.e. lots of games at the level a know quantity (Ironside is a good example) or very cheap (assume McGarth is in this category)

Commercially someone at the club who knows the details should be able to figure out if it’s not better to just pay most players more on shorter term deals compared to the risk of stranded assets.

Must have been cheaper to offer Taylor a 1 year extension at a higher pay than get him on 3 years all be it with a lower weekly wage. Then we could have said bye bye after only 1 season of no output.

We’ve spent an outrageous amount on stranded useless assets over the last 3 seasons. We’ve still got Taylor, Lavery, Long, probably count Anderson and Seaman. probably 4-5k a week not mentioning we paid off Griffiths

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 29, 2024, 10:04:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Agard barely touched grass in 18 months. Bogle frozen out for months. So many more. Money just pissed away. Failure is expensive.

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 29, 2024, 11:26:49 pm by McCammon egg n chips »

Is it time to……

Where they going to go though? You look at where our ex players go after they leave us.

Ro Shaun Williams - Northern Ireland league
Barlow - Conference
Agard - no club
Griffiths - no club

Even those who got a club took a long time finding them. Idea we can just "move players on" isn't going to happen when you buy so poorly like we have been doing for the last 3 years. Zero resale value.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012