Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:53:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sterry  (Read 2836 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Sterry
« on January 30, 2024, 10:16:24 pm by Nudga »
Did he have a mental break down in the 2nd half?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: Sterry
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2024, 10:17:41 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The minutes on the pitch will have helped him. He will only improve after tonight.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2024, 10:26:43 pm by GazLaz »
Warned everyone about him by the way. Shouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole. Tonight summed him up.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2024, 10:32:56 pm by pib »
What happened?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2024, 10:34:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Warned everyone about him by the way. Shouldn’t have touched him with a barge pole. Tonight summed him up.

F**k me, ‘The Oracles’ woken up with a fizz & a pop like a cheap firework to add his ten penneth.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2024, 10:35:14 pm by Nudga »
What happened?

He was gash, couldn't believe it when Olowu came on to play on the same side of the pitch as sterry

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2024, 10:41:09 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

F**k me, ‘The Oracles’ woken up with a fizz & a pop like a cheap firework to add his ten penneth.

Has Gaz had it off with your dear beloved?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2024, 10:48:00 pm by GazLaz »

Dread to think what she looks like.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2024, 10:48:40 pm by dickos1 »
I thought the back 4 were good tonight, we looked lot more solid. McGrath and wood were superb.
And I thought both full backs were very good.
Midfield didn’t come to life until we were losing, Ironside looks injured.

Saturday is gonna be tough if we’re without Bailey, close, molyneux and maybe Ironside

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2024, 10:49:49 pm by GazLaz »
I thought the back 4 were good tonight, we looked lot more solid. McGrath and wood were superb.
And I thought both full backs were very good.
Midfield didn’t come to life until we were losing, Ironside looks injured.

Saturday is gonna be tough if we’re without Bailey, close, molyneux and maybe Ironside

What’s wrong with Bailey?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2024, 10:52:45 pm by dickos1 »
After the tackle by cook he couldn’t put any weight on his leg. Looked like a medial knee ligament to me

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2024, 11:00:25 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Dread to think what she looks like.

Actually she’s a he & he looks like a Greek God.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2024, 11:01:09 pm by roversdude »
After the tackle by cook he couldn’t put any weight on his leg. Looked like a medial knee ligament to me
He finished the game made of granite

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 31, 2024, 01:30:47 am by Lesonthewest »
Cook is a dirty t-at, just wish we had a player to match how he plays.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 31, 2024, 05:48:35 am by Chris Black come back »
Sterry is an oddity. Clearly being injured so much means you can’t reach a complete judgement but he looks totally at ease on the ball and pings some real quality at times, but can get totally done over on a regular basis, yet somehow get back to recover the situation. You can see how he would stand out in non league. Didn’t once see him get beyond their defence and put a ball in though, as Maxwell did.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 31, 2024, 07:41:54 am by roversdude »
Sterry is a cracking player but clearly needs a bit more game time - he was blowing out his arse in the first half, surprised he finished the game tbh

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 31, 2024, 08:22:07 am by Pancho Regan »
I thought he had a good game.
Made a couple of excellent last-ditch tackles in the first half.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 31, 2024, 08:44:43 am by RoversInSpain »
Thought defensively we were decent.Wood and McGrath worked well, Maxwell put in a right shift and looked tough and aggressive.
Can’t understand Sterry getting this sort of criticism. Does appear to get caught out but then so often recovers well, looks in need a bit of fitness training ( or simply a good run of matches)

And then Olowu came on delivered a hospital ball, passed it straight to one of their forwards then ran brainlessly into trouble, again just outside our area , that was pretty much his first 3 touches. Though he did do a very good long pass on his 4th touch. The poor lad needs to stay well away from a football pitch.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 31, 2024, 08:57:24 am by Redroy »
Soft as shit last night. Neshed at least 4 or 5 challenges. No wonder he gets injured loads.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 31, 2024, 09:18:18 am by Colin C No.3 »
Soft as shit last night. Neshed at least 4 or 5 challenges. No wonder he gets injured loads.
Your enlightened view on this thread would appear to be in the minority, unless you’ve been wooed by the bollox GasLass churns out on another thread?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 31, 2024, 09:50:32 am by donnievic »
I don’t think I he was that bad last night up against winger/winger who was no slouch and at times was left one on one with him with a lot of space to work with

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 31, 2024, 10:01:54 am by Bessie Red »
Molyneux gave him no assistance last night. When Carty switched to Sterry's side their wing back didn't have anywhere near as much space & time.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 31, 2024, 10:11:09 am by ncRover »
It’s interesting to see how different players get held to different standards depending on whether they are fan favourites or not.

Sterry’s performance level was no different to Maxwell’s. Which was ok.

In the best 4-3-3 I can think of at Klopp’s Liverpool, the attacking full backs were given help by the midfielders and wide forwards. Both full backs completely isolated last night.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 31, 2024, 12:59:52 pm by idler »
Sterry was regularly left with two opponents in the first half last night. What do you do, mark one tight and leave the other or stand somewhere between both? I thought that he did OK and was a bit unlucky with the bounce of the ball in some of his challenges.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 31, 2024, 04:53:30 pm by Filo »
Thought defensively we were decent.Wood and McGrath worked well, Maxwell put in a right shift and looked tough and aggressive.
Can’t understand Sterry getting this sort of criticism. Does appear to get caught out but then so often recovers well, looks in need a bit of fitness training ( or simply a good run of matches)

And then Olowu came on delivered a hospital ball, passed it straight to one of their forwards then ran brainlessly into trouble, again just outside our area , that was pretty much his first 3 touches. Though he did do a very good long pass on his 4th touch. The poor lad needs to stay well away from a football pitch.

Wondered when Olowu would get some blame, and here you pop!

He made a bad pass, most L2 players do, its normal, yet you have no words for McGrath who gave the free kick away for the goal, you also had no words for him on Saturday when he gave the ball twice in succesion in dangerous areas, but you jump on Olowu straight away!

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 31, 2024, 05:07:33 pm by Goole Rover »

That’s exactly what we need. When I was playing in the local leagues the aggressive forward always made it difficult for you. Still got the scars from Houghton Main.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 31, 2024, 06:31:26 pm by GazLaz »

That’s exactly what we need. When I was playing in the local leagues the aggressive forward always made it difficult for you. Still got the scars from Houghton Main.

We’ve got one, Ironside.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 31, 2024, 07:25:52 pm by RoversInSpain »

Wondered when Olowu would get some blame, and here you pop!

He made a bad pass, most L2 players do, its normal, yet you have no words for McGrath who gave the free kick away for the goal, you also had no words for him on Saturday when he gave the ball twice in succesion in dangerous areas, but you jump on Olowu straight away!
In relation to the goal, you’ll actually see Close being incredibly weak (which sums up most of our defensive efforts over the years) and get easily muscled off the ball. McGrath showed some tenacity and grit (can’t remember much of that since Whiteman) , and in the words of the commentator ‘that’s a good foul, as the attacker was looking very dangerous’
As for the wall and Jones positioning,  well that’s open to debate, so no, no mention about McGrath, you’re right.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 31, 2024, 07:41:52 pm by dickos1 »
McGrath and wood were both really good last night. Olowu takes too many risks that he’s not good enough to take.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 31, 2024, 08:09:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Olowu also gets bullied too easily for a man of his size and stature.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012