Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:47:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Everyone hates Donny  (Read 2224 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Everyone hates Donny
« on March 06, 2024, 08:27:08 pm by Nudga »
Or so it seems on social media. Don't know what's going off this season but seems like every muppet from teams irrelevant to us is having a pop.
Some real cry babies, for instance Walsall fans taking the piss out of our away support when they're only averaging 52 more than us.
Bradford fans whining about absolute everything, especially that knobhead from the lower league look. I think Milton Keynes, Tranmere and Swindon have also weighed in with weird "banter"

We don't even get this much hate from Mansfield or Grimsby fans.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Everyone hates Donny
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2024, 08:32:33 pm by mushRTID »
I sometimes read that Lower League Look and have to remind myself it’s a fully grown adult running the account. An actual grown man.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2024, 08:34:17 pm by TonySoprano »
Or so it seems on social media. Don't know what's going off this season but seems like every muppet from teams irrelevant to us is having a pop.
Some real cry babies, for instance Walsall fans taking the piss out of our away support when they're only averaging 52 more than us.
Bradford fans whining about absolute everything, especially that knobhead from the lower league look. I think Milton Keynes, Tranmere and Swindon have also weighed in with weird "banter"

It's quite bizarre, I've noticed the same.
Literally don't care one bit about those clubs.
The sooner we're back out of this shite league the better

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2024, 08:35:26 pm by Campsall rover »

Be very surprised Walsall away support is more than us.
They are usually poorly supported away.
Their hone support is a good 1300 lower than ours this season and they have been above us in the table all season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2024, 08:51:50 pm by roversdude »
And made up the numbers with a load of free issue tickets and bits of cardboard

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2024, 09:00:13 pm by Campsall rover »
And made up the numbers with a load of free issue tickets and bits of cardboard
The gate on Saturday was 2000+ more than ave.
So thought they must have had an offer on. Or was it the mighty DRFC they came to see.
Probably the latter I would think roversdude. :woohoo:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2024, 09:27:50 pm by ncRover »
The Real EFL podcast is really good on Spotify. It covers all the teams equally and professionally in their league 2 previews and reviews, rather than just made-up gossip and goading.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2024, 10:33:23 pm by Michael Shaw »
With all the bitching, sarcasm and in-fighting on Viking Chat I have taken to other social media sites. I have noticed the bile and pleasure other sites get when we fail to beat them, that is why it is so depressing when we have been in bad for most of this season and given them the opportunity to get at us. Only by us winning can we shut them up.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2024, 11:14:25 pm by MachoMadness »
Easy to forget if you've watched us for a while and remember us being a middling 4th division team for much of our history, but we're a relatively big club at this level. Most of those chucking stones on social media will be of an age where they've grown up knowing Donny as a solid Championship club playing some of the best football in the division.

We've been levels above teams like Bradford for a lot of those years. It's no surprise teams enjoy giving us a kicking when we're down, just as we enjoy beating bigger teams who fall down to our level. Part of the game.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2024, 11:47:03 am by moses »
Walsall had their schools reward week for the Donny game, normal free tickets for the kids and really cheap tickets for up to 4 family/friends. My Godson's school had c100 kids and parents/friends (including 2 Rovers fans) all sat together in one block in the family stand. Sitting them together was a really good idea as the kids moved to sit together and were badgering their parents about coming again with their mates rather than just a one off.

That probably boosted their home attendance.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2024, 12:49:14 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Walsall had their schools reward week for the Donny game, normal free tickets for the kids and really cheap tickets for up to 4 family/friends. My Godson's school had c100 kids and parents/friends (including 2 Rovers fans) all sat together in one block in the family stand. Sitting them together was a really good idea as the kids moved to sit together and were badgering their parents about coming again with their mates rather than just a one off.

That probably boosted their home attendance.

do they count the attendance in halves ?

i thought of that trick "get em young" a few years ago

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2024, 07:16:16 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If you're a club in the midlands you always over the season have less distance to travel to away games with regards to away crowds.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2024, 07:52:32 pm by roversdude »
Where were all the Bradford fans btw

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2024, 11:16:55 pm by idler »
There are always a lot less City fans on a midweek game compared to a Saturday home game. More would have been there if they had been in the top 5 or 6 though.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2024, 07:54:59 am by roversdude »
Thanks idler I was amazed at how few there were

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 08, 2024, 07:57:36 am by mushRTID »
There are always a lot less City fans on a midweek game compared to a Saturday home game. More would have been there if they had been in the top 5 or 6 though.

Is that not the same for any club?
Do Tuesdays work differently in Bradford?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 08, 2024, 11:55:40 am by idler »
It does but look how many less attend midweek at Bradford compared to other clubs. I know quite at my gym that go on Saturdays but not midweek after work.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 08, 2024, 02:59:06 pm by roversdude »
What was the attendance btw, they seem quite hidden away in match reports these days

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 08, 2024, 05:38:42 pm by idler »
17,138 is their figure and I can’t remember how many were of them were there from Donny. How many actually were there is another matter.
Tyler Smith said in today’s Telegraph & Argus “ In the first half we weren’t great and they were there for the taking. We should have walked away with three points and we needed to”.
I don’t know what match he was watching.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 05:57:42 pm by idler »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012