Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:11:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Should Saunders be sacked  (Read 9772 times)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Should Saunders be sacked
« on October 02, 2012, 11:35:46 pm by Alan_Rovers »
We have one of the biggest budgets in the league and we are getting continuously served up with rubbish football whenever we play at home. In fact we have only won two home league games in 2012 and we are now in October. It is not good enough!!!!!!

Attendances have now dropped well below 6,000 on a regular basis and it is clear we are not going to break even and cover a 4 million wage budget on gates as poor as this.

So should we sack him. I think so, because JR needs to win back the lost fans who are just clearly not interested in what a Saunders side has to deliver.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Should Saunders be sacked
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2012, 11:37:54 pm by MrFrost »
JR is strangely quiet these days.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2012, 11:38:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Who would replace him right now though?

I don't think we should sack him, no. But I have been far from impressed with him in our recent home games. I think he could become a good manager at this level but he needs to do it soon if he's going to get there whilst managing our club. If we are not in the play-off shake-up at least in another 1-2 months then maybe I'd start to think about replacing him but he's alright for now.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 02, 2012, 11:39:05 pm by donnyallday »
Yes lets, why dont you apply Alan, then we can storm this league.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2012, 11:39:54 pm by MachoMadness »
No. It's hardly his fault that certain players aren't contributing, nor is it his fault that we've got a tiny squad. It is his fault for picking said players though, although that's hardly reason to call for his head after 1 admittedly f**king dire team performance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2012, 11:40:11 pm by dickos1 »
Sack him after our best start to a season in ten years.
You clown

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2012, 11:52:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »
You clown

Here bloody here

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2012, 11:57:50 pm by mjdgreg »
I predicted he'd be gone by Xmas and I still hold to that. Even though I hold that view I don't think it would be fair to sack him now. He should be given until Xmas when a fair assessment of him can be made. Boxing day would be a good day to do it as I don't want his Xmas day ruining.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2012, 11:58:42 pm by MrFrost »
I predicted he'd be gone by Xmas and I still hold to that. Even though I hold that view I don't think it would be fair to sack him now. He should be given until Xmas when a fair assessment of him can be made. Boxing day would be a good day to do it as I don't want his Xmas day ruining.

Are you going to have a professional bet on him being gone by Christmas?

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #9 on October 02, 2012, 11:59:17 pm by Rovin Reporter »
It would more likely happen if we look like getting promoted . You we can't afford it.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2012, 11:59:37 pm by DonnyNoel »
No. He didn't have a full pre-season with some of these players and I still think we're one or two off a genuine squad to compete in the top half.

He's made us hard to beat away from home and has signed some good individuals.

I do feel though that the focus must soon shift to him and his staff to get these talented individuals in sync as there is little cohesion anywhere on the pitch at the moment barring Jones/McCombe and Jones/Spurr.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 03, 2012, 12:01:30 am by dickos1 »
It would more likely happen if we look like getting promoted . You we can't afford it.

Can't afford to get promoted and earn ourselves £6 million. Are you ok?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 03, 2012, 12:04:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
No, BUT if he, or anyone for that matter, continues to make perceived lack of judgement which leads to more negative results then the clock is ticking.

JR is no fool and he sees what we see. Let's hope Saunders uses it to learn from and move on. Be careful what you wish for as there aren't many out there that can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Even SO'D managed to resort to type on Sunday.   

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 03, 2012, 12:08:19 am by mjdgreg »
Are you going to have a professional bet on him being gone by Christmas?

Had one before the start of the season. I hope I'm wrong as I can easily afford to lose the stake and it would show that we're doing OK. Mid table obscurity will do for me.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 03, 2012, 12:13:04 am by drfcsteve »
You clown

If you just look at the stats it might be our best start (I don't know I haven't checked), but relatively speaking it's not really the best start to a season, when you think the season before last we got 12 points from the first 9 games but we were in a higher league and favourites for relagation. Now we've got 14 points from 9 games but we're in a lower league and favourites for promotion.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 03, 2012, 12:19:13 am by Viking Don »
What a stupid thread.

Don't lock it though, some folk will want to put forward a point of view  :lol:

pubteam

« Reply #16 on October 03, 2012, 12:43:39 am by pubteam »
Can't believe I'm reading this junk. Complete knee-jerk reaction to one defeat. And don't try telling me it's not that, because if it wasn't, why wasn't this posted yesterday, or the day before?

I don't actually think we played that badly tonight generally. We just let ourselves down in both boxes. We failed to defend two set plays properly, and didn't take our chances in the second half. In between that, I thought it was a much better performance than the Stevenage/Crawley ones.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 03, 2012, 12:44:49 am by jonnydog »
What utter b*llocks!!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 03, 2012, 12:57:28 am by eastender »
No. It's hardly his fault that certain players aren't contributing, nor is it his fault that we've got a tiny squad. It is his fault for picking said players though, although that's hardly reason to call for his head after 1 admittedly f***ing dire team performance.

Contradicting yourself there fella ,  of course it's his fault he picks the team.  :facepalm:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 03, 2012, 01:33:46 am by RoversAlias »

Can't afford to get promoted and earn ourselves £6 million. Are you ok?

Glad someone pointed that out! I routinely have to bat back the "we dont want to get promoted because it costs too much" argument before games to people who don't seem to realise how much more money we get just for being in the Championship.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 03, 2012, 01:52:30 am by newyankee »
Just one small comment

" You stupid idiot, get back to which ever planety you come from!!!!!!"  you were one I presume who was not prepared to give him a chance.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 03, 2012, 01:58:57 am by PDX_Rover »
Alan, with all due respect, don't talk shit man.

f**k me, some folks are drinking paint stripper on here. We win our game in hand, we're in the play-off mix. OK, so an off night tonight.... It's a 46 game season.

Un-believable.

Shit, we lost, let's sack the manager 10 games into the season (again) and then go through the whole ramping up process again....

Nutters.

Alonzo Drake

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 03, 2012, 04:17:25 am by Alonzo Drake »
Don't give this idiot the slightest bit of respect pdx -- 'Alan' is one of moron madmick's several aliases.

In the big picture, Saunders has built a new house from scratch, and to say where we are at this juncture is, well, amazing.

Well done Dean, despite this evening's crap performance. it's a long, long way until April/May, and we will be in the top six.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 03, 2012, 05:57:09 am by FuzzyDuck »
Nope, he shouldn't be sacked.  I think he's not as tactically astute as he needs to be and I question his use of his budget.  But he's also had a major re-build to do and in any case, sacking him only flushes the paying off of his contract down the drain.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 03, 2012, 07:22:51 am by dickos1 »
You clown

If you just look at the stats it might be our best start (I don't know I haven't checked), but relatively speaking it's not really the best start to a season, when you think the season before last we got 12 points from the first 9 games but we were in a higher league and favourites for relagation. Now we've got 14 points from 9 games but we're in a lower league and favourites for promotion.

What on earth are you talking about?
It's our best start for ten years.

Donnylass

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 03, 2012, 08:00:29 am by Donnylass »
I had to laugh, I saw this thread coming when hardly any one posted after a great win at Orient.
I thought to myself, those moaners out there are just waiting for a loss so they can have yet another childish, unintelligent dig at Saunders.
Yes, they played sh*te last night and IMO Woods (M) and Bennett should be benched, but DS can only do that if he has replacements, but then I watched a brilliant game on Saturday and knew how great DRFC really is. As my old nan always said - If you haven't got anything nice to say - Shut the F*ck Up.
So in answer to the opening post - No

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 03, 2012, 10:26:41 am by drfcsteve »
You clown

What on earth are you talking about?
It's our best start for ten years.

I thought I'd explained quite clearly but you do have trouble understanding things so I'll try and make it even more simple for you.

When judging what kind of a start a team has had a number of things need to be looked at, for example how other teams have started, the league the team is playing in and the expectations of where the team will finish. If a team that was favourites to be champions were mid table after 10 games you'd say it was a bad start, if a team who were favourites for relagation were mid table after 10 games you'd say it was a good start.

By the way, if you are saying purely on points it's our best start, that's also wrong. We equalled our current total of 14 out of 9 in 2004/05, our first season back in League One.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #27 on October 03, 2012, 10:29:36 am by Rovin Reporter »
I do not think Saunders should be sacked , but he should give post match interview in stead just sulking away in the loo.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 03, 2012, 10:54:58 am by Yargo »
First game ive attended where when losing a manager hasnt attempted a substitution,putting Jones up front for last few minutes wasnt a tactic it was desperation-Saunders saying to the defence lump it forward and bypass midfield,acknowledging we had two passengers,Bennett and Woods,no substitutions,a manager that didnt manage,as Yozzer Hughes said "I can do that gizza job"

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 03, 2012, 11:06:19 am by bobjimwilly »
Putting Jones up front was a good idea I thought. We had no attacking option on the bench and the set plays were working with Jones etc. We had nothing to lose at that point.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012