Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:20:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders - Should he have stayed?  (Read 7395 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders - Should he have stayed?
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2013, 09:57:54 pm by normal rules »
Deano says that Wolves was too good to turn down here and the difference in the size of the two clubs is marked.

But should he have given us a little more loyalty? We stuck by him last season after a pretty turgid second half of the season last year and then he jumps at the first chance. Hmmm. We could be playing them next year. Can't make my mind up?

http://www.southyorkshirefootballnews.co.uk/index.php/saunders-wolves-chance-was-too-good-to-turn-down/

he might be playing rotherham whilst we are away at newcastle again!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2013, 10:05:32 pm by RobTheRover »
....he had final say on who plays and it goes on and on.

I think you will find that is not true.  Not true at all.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2013, 10:06:43 pm by dickos1 »
Yes he was part of the regime, but your not telling me the players we signed were chosen by him. I think that's pretty obvious.
He had final say but that selection of players were chosen for him.
It's even more apparent now when you look at the players he's signed this year, they bare no resemblance to the ones forced upon him last year

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2013, 10:28:46 pm by rover-n-out »
But surely the point is that he BELIEVES in his own abilities to be able to succeed at Wolves. He didn't dither taking time to consider whether or not he thought he was up to the job.
He must believe tremendously in himself and the players and infrastructure at Wolves for him to think "I can and will succeed in this job".
I wish I had a bit more of that myself.
Self belief is a powerful motivator, providing it doesn't turn into arrogance.
Good luck to the man, I wish him well.

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 09, 2013, 05:49:50 am by FuzzyDuck »
Believing in your own ability is important, and obviously he does but you can over-stretch yourself too without realizing it.

Dean took a job in September 2011 where he was tasked with managing DRFC and reversing their on-pitch fortunes by using a specific player-contract policy.  He took the job on these terms were accepted by Dean and even endorsed.  He failed. You can "yes, but" until the cows come home, those are the facts.

I've been keeping an eye on the Wolves boards and he's started with them in exactly the same way as he started with us.  Similar sound bites and similar enthusiasm to get straight out on the training pitch.  He's winning some of the fans over with his enthusiasm and attitude, which is great because the last thing he needs is the fans on his back.

But in the end, we heard it all in September 2011.  True, this time he doesn't have the silly transfer policy to contend with, but he can't change so many of his playing staff either, which he needed to do to be successful here.

He's going to struggle.  There may be a honeymoon period because he will pick the players up, but he won't maintain it.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 09, 2013, 06:04:14 am by Mr1Croft »
Should he have stayed?

Yes, because unless our next manager is called Dean Saunders we are a bit screwed having a giant flag with his face on...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 09, 2013, 07:28:12 am by dickos1 »
Believing in your own ability is important, and obviously he does but you can over-stretch yourself too without realizing it.

Dean took a job in September 2011 where he was tasked with managing DRFC and reversing their on-pitch fortunes by using a specific player-contract policy.  He took the job on these terms were accepted by Dean and even endorsed.  He failed. You can "yes, but" until the cows come home, those are the facts.

I've been keeping an eye on the Wolves boards and he's started with them in exactly the same way as he started with us.  Similar sound bites and similar enthusiasm to get straight out on the training pitch.  He's winning some of the fans over with his enthusiasm and attitude, which is great because the last thing he needs is the fans on his back.

But in the end, we heard it all in September 2011.  True, this time he doesn't have the silly transfer policy to contend with, but he can't change so many of his playing staff either, which he needed to do to be successful here.

He's going to struggle.  There may be a honeymoon period because he will pick the players up, but he won't maintain it.

He won't struggle, he's proven now that when he's given the opportunity to bring his own players in he does the job, he's left two sides now top of the league. I don't know what you expect him to say when he takes over at a club.
How do you know he can't change many of the playing staff?

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 09, 2013, 12:42:48 pm by mjdgreg »
It's very simple. He should 'have' (not 'of') stayed for two very simple reasons. He should have repaid the loyalty JR showed him at the end of last season. Every other chairman in the country would have sacked him for gross incompetence. Saunder's football career would of been over.

The second reason is that he is not proven in the Championship, never mind the Premiership and Wolves trigger happy chairman will not give him the time to try and turn things around. Saunders should of been able to work that one out himself but I'm afraid to say I have detected very little signs of intelligence from the man.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 09, 2013, 01:12:24 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Should he have stayed?

Yes, because unless our next manager is called Dean Saunders we are a bit screwed having a giant flag with his face on...

Maybe we can ask Alan Irvine or Paul Dickov to wear a Dean Saunders mask?
That would solve the problem....

I'm here all day :)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 09, 2013, 01:28:29 pm by dickos1 »
It's very simple. He should 'have' (not 'of') stayed for two very simple reasons. He should have repaid the loyalty JR showed him at the end of last season. Every other chairman in the country would have sacked him for gross incompetence. Saunder's football career would of been over.

The second reason is that he is not proven in the Championship, never mind the Premiership and Wolves trigger happy chairman will not give him the time to try and turn things around. Saunders should of been able to work that one out himself but I'm afraid to say I have detected very little signs of intelligence from the man.

You were totally wrong before about Saunders, you would've thought you'd have learnt by now that you don't really have a clue what your talking about, everybody else knows it

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 09, 2013, 01:34:13 pm by IDM »

He's repaid that loyalty by getting us to joint top, with 50 points from 26 games, with a very competitive squad for this division...  Could be a lot worse eh?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 09, 2013, 01:56:11 pm by drfcsteve »
....he had final say on who plays and it goes on and on.

I think you will find that is not true.  Not true at all.

Well why is this what we got told by Saunders and the VSC in the knows?

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 09, 2013, 02:10:15 pm by TheFunk »

Have not of

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 09, 2013, 03:37:35 pm by mjdgreg »
You were totally wrong before about Saunders, you would've thought you'd have learnt by now that you don't really have a clue what your talking about, everybody else knows it

No I wasn't. Everything and I mean absolutely everything I said last season was bang on. You were the one that didn't have a clue. Anyway Deano it's time you stopped posting on this forum and got yourself an alias sorted for the Wolves forum now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 09, 2013, 03:49:51 pm by dickos1 »
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=235105.0 I've just posted an example of your nonsense, but if your not able to figure it out the link is here.
Proof that you don't have a clue

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 09, 2013, 04:06:08 pm by dickos1 »
He'll be sacked before Christmas,
Best we can hope for is mid table obscurity
Can't do well relying on away form
Making up stats

Just a few examples mick of your bollox

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 09, 2013, 04:11:08 pm by Wellred »

What kind of an idiot corrects someone's grammar by saying it is " have and not of"  then proceeds to do the exact same thing??

Ha ha ha what a complete numpty. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 09, 2013, 04:59:51 pm by Alickismyhero »
Rob says it not true and Dikos says partly true?

If my memory serves me well he made it clear that he was the manger making the decisions. I agree with what you both are saying to a degree as I always had the feeling he was lying through his back teeth.
I won't take anything away from him this season as he is proving to be a very good 1st div manager. He has built a first div team. Will he succeed in the Championship? Its a very difficult league as we all know and he has to learn fast but will he? I don't think so. This is proving to be a fantastic season and my fingers are crossed the TWINS are very successful.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 09, 2013, 05:14:17 pm by mjdgreg »
What kind of an idiot corrects someone's grammar by saying it is " have and not of"  then proceeds to do the exact same thing??

Ha ha ha what a complete numpty.

Well spotted. I was beginning to worry that no-one would fall for that one but you walked straight into the trap. You need to check out the meaning of the word 'irony'. pmsl.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 09, 2013, 05:32:58 pm by hoolahoop »

Ha ha ha what a complete numpty.

Well spotted. I was beginning to worry that no-one would fall for that one but you walked straight into the trap. You need to check out the meaning of the word 'irony'. pmsl.

Was that irony or error fella ? I think it's the latter however much you try to wriggle out of it and try to cover your tracks. ;)

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 09, 2013, 06:02:39 pm by Capmeister »
Ask Deano to stump up for the flag. He can afford it now ;o)

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 09, 2013, 06:04:50 pm by mjdgreg »
Haha. It was a deliberete mistake (I actually did it twice). pmsl. Anyone who has read any of my previous posts knows that I never make that mistake. I am on record as saying it makes my piss boil whenever someone does it.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 09, 2013, 06:31:51 pm by Wellred »
Haha. It was a deliberete mistake (I actually did it twice). pmsl. Anyone who has read any of my previous posts knows that I never make that mistake. I am on record as saying it makes my piss boil whenever someone does it.

And of course you are not fishing for a bite by spelling deliberate wrong are you? No of course you're not.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 09, 2013, 07:39:05 pm by dickos1 »
So mick, are you admitting you got it wrong? I know you can't argue against what's written down in black and white so I guess you have no option but to ignore.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 09, 2013, 08:23:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Leave him alone. He's always just making these deliberate mistakes to demonstrate his crushingly superior wit.

He's had two gems this week. Inside info on O'Driscoll coming here and Butcher going to Barnsley. Fair nearly wet myself when I realised I'd been taken in by his razor-like humour again, and he was really just winding us up.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 09, 2013, 11:29:33 pm by mjdgreg »
Making up stats

Just a few examples mjdgreg of your bollox

What you fail to realise is that I didn't say which Christmas. As it happens I was talking about Christmas 2013. Low and behold, just after Christmas 2012 he's gone! So you can't claim that one I'm afraid.

Mid table obscurity is where we will end up. You've already got us promoted.

You can't do well just relying on away form. Like I said mid table obscurity beckons.

I didn't make any stats up. They were all gleaned from the reputable BBC.

Is that the best you can do? Must try harder.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 09, 2013, 11:31:54 pm by RedJ »
Making up stats

What you fail to realise is that I didn't say which Christmas. As it happens I was talking about Christmas 2013. Low and behold, just after Christmas 2012 he's gone! So you can't claim that one I'm afraid.

You can't do well just relying on away form. Like I said mid table obscurity beckons.

Minor points - he wasn't sacked by us, and BBC stats have often been proved to be wrong.

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 09, 2013, 11:32:54 pm by mjdgreg »
And of course you are not fishing for a bite by spelling deliberate wrong are you? No of course you're not.

You're staring to get the hang of this now. Well done.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 09, 2013, 11:42:24 pm by wilts rover »
Making up stats

Oooh, I am sure if I try hard enough I can find the posts where you state that you did not use the BBC stats but compiled your own by sitting there with your three stopwatches and a diary - this after several posters pointed out the inaccuracy of the PA/BBC stats if I recall.

Then again bit difficult to compile stats on Rovers when you are watching Barnsley isn't it......

For the three of you left who even bother to take him seriously, ever wondered why Mick never contributes to general or historical threads about Rovers?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 09, 2013, 11:50:38 pm by MachoMadness »
JR is getting on a bit, surely he'll be destined for the chop under Mick's regime soon, so it's all irrelevant anyway.

I find it easy to ignore Mick these days, but seriously now. You are trying to reason with someone who suggested putting all the old folk on a landfill then defaulting on all our debts to ease the recession. Either he's a dribbling, thundering idiot, or he's just an incredibly sad but persistent troll who's kept his gimmick up for over a year, or perhaps a heady combination of the two. In any event he is not worth debating with, you're not going to convince him of anything and would have more luck trying to nail a river to the riverbed than getting him to contribute anything to a discussion. How he still has posting privileges is beyond me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012