Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:31:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Completely random thought...  (Read 3677 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Completely random thought...
« on January 08, 2013, 09:39:51 pm by ditch_drfc »
I might be a bit out of touch here, but is anything being done to the stadium to personalise it? Given we own it now, is anything being done to make it feel more like home.

I really like the outside of the emirates stadium, it would look amazing if we could do something to liven it up.

Also whilst we're on the subject, can we get our club name and crest put onto match tickets? Or maybe changing the colour to red? It really grinds on me that every other club has personalised tickets and ours just look so generic and boring.

[attachment deleted by cleanup process]

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Completely random thought...
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2013, 09:43:14 pm by RedJ »
I thought we were meant to be splashing some red paint on the ground anyway, whatever happened to that? or is my mind playing tricks?

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2013, 09:47:09 pm by paddy hoops »
The tickets do have the name and crest on them. The Sheff U tickets did anyway.

COME ON YOY HOOOOOPS!!!! :scarf:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2013, 10:01:17 pm by Mr1Croft »
Yes, there is a red banner and the clubs crest is on in colour and it is also used as the authentic stamp:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2013, 10:17:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think we all would agree the stadium could do with a makeover and it doesn't have to be drastic and overly expensive but, there are other priorities.

We know the concourse bars will be redesigned shortly and the Belle Vue Bar will be refurbished and judging by the picture I saw last night I think you'll be impressed.

There's a fantastic new mural in the stairwell of the East Stand main entrance which I encourage you to have a look at if you get the chance.  May be some kind person might be able to put up a picture of it.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2013, 10:20:04 pm by ditch_drfc »
That ticket looks a lot better, I did wonder if I was a bit out of touch with the goings on. Amazing what a splash of red and a few logos can do!

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2013, 10:21:20 pm by RTID75 »
Can we not get them silly coloured corner bits on the outside of the stadium painted red? Never understood them in the first place and now the stadiums is run by Rovers I'd have thought they'd want to get their confused message changed to something more appropriate for the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2013, 10:25:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree, summat like....

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2013, 10:31:30 pm by bobjimwilly »
some really good questions and comments on here. Make sure to complete the latest In Rovers We Trust survey, to be released soon! :thumbsup:

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2013, 10:35:46 pm by dknward2 »
The different colours are for police use during international matches I.e trouble on the yellow corner meaning the police helicopter can quickly notice the area

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2013, 10:41:03 pm by Mr1Croft »
Can they not tell what the difference is between the South East and  North West corner like the rest of us then? The only difference between them and us is we aren't in charge of an a vehicle operating in air flight...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2013, 10:44:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ha Ha. I like that.

The original Plan A stadium below with the 'floating roof' was to have entry 'pods' a la KC Stadium and the pods were to be colour coded in order to help identify your entry point.

In the plan B stadium we now occupy, they transferred the colour coding idea to the corners. Yep. Naff !

pubteam

« Reply #12 on January 08, 2013, 11:04:32 pm by pubteam »
Ha Ha. I like that.

The original Plan A stadium below with the 'floating roof' was to have entry 'pods' a la KC Stadium and the pods were to be colour coded in order to help identify your entry point.

In the plan B stadium we now occupy, they transferred the colour coding idea to the corners. Yep. Naff !

It would've been so much better if we'd ended up with that design.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2013, 11:19:51 pm by MrFrost »
Personally, I think the whole exterior of the stadium needs re-cladding. At only 6 year old, it is starting to look dated. However this will be too costly I fear.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2013, 12:47:38 am by silent majority »
The VSC have a very cunning plan to alter the exterior, we just haven't told the club about it yet! Shhh!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2013, 12:54:35 am by ditch_drfc »
Sounds promising. Hopefully it'll show off our heritage a bit more - we're one of the oldest clubs around, but there's not much around the stadium to tell new fans of our history.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2013, 06:05:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Red neon Doncaster Rovers FC lit up at the front outside.

Funny you should mention that. The new(ish) Home of Doncaster Rovers signs were installed with spotlights above to illuminate the signs...but they never switch the lights on !!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2013, 06:10:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Red neon Doncaster Rovers FC lit up at the front outside.

Funny you should mention that. The new(ish) Home of Doncaster Rovers signs were installed with spotlights above to illuminate the signs...but they never switch the lights on !!

The Council just "forgot" to wire them up to the fuseboard as a costsaving exercise

sirfoxinthebox

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 09, 2013, 06:21:43 pm by sirfoxinthebox »
i agree with all this i would like to seen the speaker's inside the ground change every other club has bose speaker's sound much better than ours

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2013, 06:26:00 pm by MrFrost »
Did I read something in another post about the club looking at getting big screen's instead of scoreboards?

Significant cost I would imagine, but plenty of advertising potential.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2013, 06:27:25 pm by RedJ »
Did I read something in another post about the club looking at getting big screen's instead of scoreboards?

Significant cost I would imagine, but plenty of advertising potential.

They're looking at little screens they said at the forum (still big but not massive) and then the company sells ads for the screens meaning essentially we get them free (or something along these lines).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2013, 06:30:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes. It was mentioned at the meeting. One of the other added benefits of a more advanced scoreboard/screens is to be able to put up team news and announcements for the benefit of the deaf or impaired hearing.

It is being looked in to.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 09, 2013, 06:37:28 pm by danumdon »
Flags, they always make a stand roof look good,

We should have as a minimum a DRFC, Yorkshire Rose and St George Cross flag for starters.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 09, 2013, 07:02:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Flags, they always make a stand roof look good,

We should have as a minimum a DRFC, Yorkshire Rose and St George Cross flag for starters.

I couldn't agree more . that apology for a flag outside needs sorting fast and flags flying from the roof and entrances would look great.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 09, 2013, 07:44:45 pm by GazLaz »
The Keepmoat is horrible from the outside. Whoever designed it was useless. Drove passed The New York last week. That looks brilliant.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012