Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:58:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: comments from the cov forum  (Read 12509 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: comments from the cov forum
« Reply #60 on January 09, 2013, 07:13:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Just on the topic of dodgy infrastructure, has anyone else had the misfortune to travel on that orrible quirky ring road in Coventry, the on and off ramps are just about spaced wide enough from each other to get a car or two in between, talk about jerry built i built better with me maccano set as a kid.

I travel on it every day- I have the pleasure of working in the Beverly Hills of the midlands.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 09, 2013, 07:34:59 pm by Filo »
26 pages so far of them trying to convince themselves that Robins is not going anywhere, they`re not worried much are they?  :laugh:

smig64

« Reply #62 on January 09, 2013, 08:30:30 pm by smig64 »
Just read various posts on their forum and to be honest they are starting to be quite worried that their gaffer will come to us, they also slam our club and fans down. Really damning comments about us being a small club but forgetting that we are an ambitious club and the most improved club in recent times. Whoever we choose for our next manager will have all our support.  :rtid:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 09, 2013, 08:43:06 pm by ravenrover »
Just read various posts on their forum and to be honest they are starting to be quite worried that their gaffer will come to us, they also slam our club and fans down. Really damning comments about us being a small club but forgetting that we are an ambitious club and the most improved club in recent times. Whoever we choose for our next manager will have all our support.   :rtid:

Really? You can't have been reading all the posts re Mr Saunders

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 09, 2013, 09:12:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »

+1 oh and btw apparently WE haven't got any money according to Cov fans.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No no no Hoola we have no money according to Rovin Reporter  :s

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 09, 2013, 09:21:02 pm by RTID75 »
Just on the topic of dodgy infrastructure, has anyone else had the misfortune to travel on that orrible quirky ring road in Coventry, the on and off ramps are just about spaced wide enough from each other to get a car or two in between, talk about jerry built i built better with me maccano set as a kid.

I travel on it every day- I have the pleasure of working in the Beverly Hills of the midlands.

'Beverley Hills of the midlands' :lol:  That needs to stick now!

I fortunately don't have to touch the ring road to get to work, but I avoid it at all costs. Whoever decided the entry and exit to the road itself should be the same piece of tarmac needed their head looking at!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:25:27 pm by RTID75 »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 09, 2013, 09:44:48 pm by BobG »
We'll have to look it up Idler :)

I am pretty confident that if Sunderland won Sunderland v Everton then the loser of Coventry v Bristol City would have gone down. But if Sunderland lost, then a draw at Highfield Road would see both of them stay up. And surprise, surprise, Jimmy Hill's new fangled electronic scoreboard flashed up that Sunderland had lost to Everton. After what had been a really damn good game cue 15 minutes of the funniest football I have ever seen. The whole 37,000 crowd just roared and roared and roared. Laughter, applause and cheers. It was fantastic. But it doomed Sunderland. They were not happy...

Bristol City went down in one of the following seasons. Sure of that.

Bob

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 09, 2013, 09:47:14 pm by RedJ »
We'll have to look it up Idler :)

I am pretty confident that if Sunderland won Sunderland v Everton then the loser of Coventry v Bristol City would have gone down. But if Sunderland lost, then a draw at Highfield Road would see both of them stay up. And surprise, surprise, Jimmy Hill's new fangled electronic scoreboard flashed up that Sunderland had lost to Everton. After what had been a really damn good game cue 15 minutes of the funniest football I have ever seen. The whole 37,000 crowd just roared and roared and roared. Laughter, applause and cheers. It was fantastic. But it doomed Sunderland. They were not happy...

Bristol City went down in one of the following seasons. Sure of that.

Bob

Out of interest did anything in particular actually happen to draw that reaction or was it just the fact that they'd both stayed up?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 09, 2013, 09:54:02 pm by BobG »
Ha ha!!

Ok. Coventry had the ball, at the back somewhere, when the scoreboard flashed up. Everybody in the ground saw it. Sharp intakes of breath all round. So then the Cov goalie rolled it out to his left back who kind of dallied on the ball while a Bristol City forward ambled over towards him. When the forward got to about 6 feet away, the full back gently stroked the ball to his nearer centre half. Another forward strolled over towards him. That centre half then passed it along to the other centre half, who, in the fullness of time, passed it on to thee right back. The right back then, eventually, passed it back to the goalie.  There was no pass back rule in those days, so the goalie picked it up, rolled it out to the left back and it started all over again.

It went on like that for 15 minutes. Bristol City players moving in slow motion toward the ball. Coventry players, in equal slow motion, passing it along their back line. Round and round and round and round it went. Not a single challenge. Not a single outbreak of running.

The ref didn't know what to do. Nothing he could do really. In the end, he blew for full time and all 22 players hugged and jumped and snogged each other.

A hilarious end to what had been a really good match. I won't forget that night to my dying day.

Coventry got into trouble afterwards, but Sunderland still went down.

BobG
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:58:29 pm by BobG »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 09, 2013, 09:57:45 pm by RedJ »
Now that does sound entertaining.

I seem to remember a Liverpool match - think it was a European game - against some small Scandinavian side, and Liverpool were f**king hammering them so the Kop actually turned on them and cheered for the away side, even cheering when they scored I think, and booing their own lads for a giggle.

pubteam

« Reply #70 on January 09, 2013, 10:01:25 pm by pubteam »
Just had a look into that Jimmy Hill thing and found this. It seems the Sunderland fans still hate him for it. This was when he was a guest at a Fulham v Sunderland game about 3/4 years ago...

(About 10 seconds in)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbXRyH4hek" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbXRyH4hek</a>

:laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 09, 2013, 10:04:55 pm by Filo »
Ha ha!!

Ok. Coventry had the ball, at the back somewhere, when the scoreboard flashed up. Everybody in the ground saw it. Sharp intakes of breath all round. So then the Cov goalie rolled it out to his left back who kind of dallied on the ball while a Bristol City forward ambled over towards him. When the forward got to about 6 feet away, the full back gently stroked the ball to his nearer centre half. Another forward strolled over towards him. That centre half then passed it along to the other centre half, who, in the fullness of time, passed it on to thee right back. The right back then, eventually, passed it back to the goalie.  There was no pass back rule in those days, so the goalie picked it up, rolled it out to the left back and it started all over again.

It went on like that for 15 minutes. Bristol City players moving in slow motion toward the ball. Coventry players, in equal slow motion, passing it along their back line. Round and round and round and round it went. Not a single challenge. Not a single outbreak of running.

The ref didn't know what to do. Nothing he could do really. In the end, he blew for full time and all 22 players hugged and jumped and snogged each other.

A hilarious end to what had been a really good match. I won't forget that night to my dying day.

Coventry got into trouble afterwards, but Sunderland still went down.

BobG

Sounds like that World cup game between West Germany and Austria where there were no shots for the vast majority of the game after West Germany had taken an early lead that meant both sides would progress into the next round at the expense of Algeria

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 09, 2013, 10:07:22 pm by BobG »
Ha ha ha! Thank you Pubteam! I hadn't ever heard about that. There's no question but that between them Coventry and Bristol City did Sunderland like a kipper. And it was Coventry's scoreboard wot started it......

Bob

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 10, 2013, 08:14:04 am by PDX_Rover »
The phrase 'sent to Coventry' exists for a reason. The defence rests M'Lud.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 10, 2013, 10:49:55 am by donny dave »
This one made me laugh.

Seriously can't believe there's even a thread about Doncaster Rovers taking a manager of CCFC not being funny but WHO THE FOOK ARE DONCASTER ROVERS !!!

emmaian

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 10, 2013, 10:56:10 am by emmaian »
This one made me laugh.

Seriously can't believe there's even a thread about Doncaster Rovers taking a manager of CCFC not being funny but WHO THE FOOK ARE DONCASTER ROVERS !!!

Originally Posted by CarpyCov84 
If you take the League One table, find Cov and look up...

Keep going, look towards the top. You should find them there. You might not see them next season though, as they will likely be in a division higher than us.

emmaian

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 10, 2013, 11:01:02 am by emmaian »
This one is a good one, how close could this be to the truth.................

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/24720-(cheap-blag)-Doncaster-Rovers-sign-Manager-Mark-Robins

lordsummerisle

« Reply #77 on January 10, 2013, 04:41:06 pm by lordsummerisle »
Scientific proof that Coventry City are not bigger than Doncaster Rovers, in fact Coventry City are the biggest club in English Football.

Greetings from sunny Beverley Hills!

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/the-biggest-team-in-english-football-why-that-would-be-coventry-city

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 10, 2013, 05:40:06 pm by hoolahoop »
Scientific proof that Coventry City are not bigger than Doncaster Rovers, in fact Coventry City are the biggest club in English Football.

Greetings from sunny Beverley Hills!

http://www.thenational.ae/thenationalconversation/sport-comment/the-biggest-team-in-english-football-why-that-would-be-coventry-city

Now that has got me pissing myself however surprised you didn't factor in the relative debts of the clubs you analysed. ;) Cov . would come fairly high on that list!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012