Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:47:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How does Plan B Fit In With A Recruitment Process ?  (Read 2218 times)

NorthNorfolkRover

How does Plan B Fit In With A Recruitment Process ?
« on January 09, 2013, 07:59:51 am by NorthNorfolkRover »
Having listened to everything coming out of the club this week including the as always impressive performance of the board at the fans forum can any ITKers tell us how casting the net widely and advertising post is the plan b JR told us we had ? I would have thought a plan B would be employee X leaves and pre identified candidate Y steps in just like when SOD left.Not a dig but a genuine question. Im sure we wouldnt to irk other clubs unneccesessarily by unsettling managers if we already know who we want.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: How does Plan B Fit In With A Recruitment Process ?
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2013, 08:04:14 am by AbsolutDRFC »
You're completely right to raise the question.

However JR had a Plan B with Dave Penney's exit though.
Remember we had Mickey Walker in charge whilst we did the deal with Bournemouth for SOD.

On SOD exit, with Dean Saunders, it was a quicker negotiation and probably an easier/quicker decision for him to make.

For the fans, it seems like a life-time to us, in getting someone in, but with contract negotiations, sometimes these things just take a bit of time.

sheffieldROVER

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2013, 08:08:24 am by sheffieldROVER »
Think plan b changed when we got flooded with cv's?

newby19751

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2013, 08:17:04 am by newby19751 »
How many cv's and how experienced are the potential managers?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2013, 08:17:27 am by drfcsteve »
Maybe the plan B was just to put Rob and Brian in charge for a bit.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2013, 08:18:02 am by AbsolutDRFC »
Fair comment. Even if there was 1 candidiate in mind, initially; there's never any harm in looking at all the other CV's too.
Might just be a diamond in there!

paddy hoops

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2013, 08:19:21 am by paddy hoops »
Wouldn't Brian Flynn be the plan B?

COME ON YOU HOOOOOPS!!!! :scarf:

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 10:02:41 am by weststander »
To have a replacement "lined up" is what we used to call succession planning in the business I worked in for 36 years. Maybe JR knows who he wants but is conducting this process to convince others GB, DW and TB that his is the best choice.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2013, 10:05:53 am by silent majority »
As John stated on Monday night they've had a plan B in place in case things didn't work out with Dean. We've seen the start of that plan.

He also said to me that 'we have a habit of choosing good managers'! We should trust him to do it again.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2013, 11:05:16 am by PACMAN »
As John stated on Monday night they've had a plan B in place in case things didn't work out with Dean. We've seen the start of that plan.

He also said to me that 'we have a habit of choosing good managers'! We should trust him to do it again.
Personally I hope Brian Flynn is Plan B, I loved the guy as a player here and have no doubt he would command the respect of the squad. He's been scouting for DS so will be aware of the division and he has a wealth of managerial experience at higher levels.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2013, 12:03:51 pm by Viking Don »
I asked this same question on the 'other' side, strange noone picked up on it.

Firstly, plan B would be the board's plan, not JR's secret plan he had to convince the others of. Secondly, the board would have known they would get lots of applicants, so that wouldn't affect plan B (personally I don't think it matters who applies). Thirdly, as the transfer window is open for a limited time they would want the matter concluded quickly (surely) in just the same way we expected Wolves and DS to conclude their business quickly (that took all of 1 day, which shows it doesn't have to take yonks). Lastly, they would want minimal disruption to the squad and playing style(!) as we are in such a good position.

Make of that what you will, but I know who my money is on and I'd be very happy if he was given the job, at least until the end of the season and see where we are then.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #11 on January 09, 2013, 04:02:27 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Then JR must be happy with the fans as there has been a lot of enthusiasm with the interim arrangements thus giving him as long as he wants to sort this unlike Barnsleys situation. Personally I cant wait for saturday. Big Flynn fan also.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2013, 04:29:46 pm by benaldo »
If nothing else, the ITK brigade must be feeling pretty stupid right now.

Trotting out a soundbite from Ryan that he himself has used a trillion times since Sunday is also a little sad. Still, these are weird times and they make people say weird things in their quest for recognition.

My personal view on "Plan B" (who I did actually see at the dome a year ago and he was brilliant....though I enjoyed his earlier stuff rather than the strickland banks thing) is - 1) I had no idea Brian Flynn was a drfc scout! 2) He's possibly more than qualified to pick a team and take training. 3) Won't this knacker up any transfers? 4) Rovers will be without their first choice manager - Saunders - which is worrying. 5) I'm am so, so glad we have Rob Jones at the club because that man is destined for Managerial wonders later in his career. Who else would you rather have as captain at a time like this.....Stock? Woods? Nope.....me neither.

Interesting times and I hope the right appointment is made. Anyone who isn't arrogant, brainless, just talks about "heart" or "getting stuck in there", or speaking in footballese "to be fair" "at the end of the day" "The lads gone and done..." "Week in, week out" "It's a virus"...you know the stupid nonsense that's crept into the cliched drivel managers (and some moronic footy fans) trot out in preference to thinking.

Lots positive to look forward to in my view. Joint top, good set of players, playing well. Word of warning - If any of the rovers players (like Cotterill) turn up at wolves before June I will not be sending Saunders a birthday card!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:42:06 pm by benaldo »

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2013, 04:56:32 pm by streatham dave »
As far as I am aware Flynn took up a similar role to Walker shortly after he left. This should not really alter our transfer policy as Saunders had stated that we were going to aim to get 3 players in. We have already got 2 new players in and have extended with Griffin and Hume I think. Just before leaving Saunders said we might get one more player in if we got one out. He himself might be that one. I'd imagine that Flynn will be allowed to continue after a target if we are still in for someone. The new manager would then have to work with what we have got or one in one out or loan market much as we would if he came in after the window. I am just speculating but I would be surprised if we get more than one more player in what with Copps addition as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012