Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:41:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snod fancys a bash  (Read 4715 times)

donnyallday

• Forum Member
Snod fancys a bash
« on January 09, 2013, 06:27:14 pm by donnyallday »
Any thoughts  on this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Re: Snod fancys a bash
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2013, 06:45:29 pm by MiKA »
I heard the interview where he said that and a little part of me is thinking that he's plan B!    ;)

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2013, 06:47:45 pm by Scooter »
Ian or Glyn?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2013, 06:50:53 pm by Wellred »
Glyn obviously

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2013, 06:50:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Glyn I believe. If he wants a crack then I'm all for letting him, man is a legend round these parts.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2013, 06:53:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Outstanding !!

Given Hudders must have given him permission I suspect he has an excellent chance

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2013, 06:56:33 pm by hoolahoop »
Outstanding !!

Given Hudders must have given him permission I suspect he has an excellent chance

Not for me please I like to remember my legends in the right way...........managing a club you played for rarely works .
Robins is on his way ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 06:57:16 pm by jonnydog »
Depends on who else has applied. As it was said that there had been applications from some high-profile names, I suspect there will be the possibility of an unbelievable and surprising catch.

... I wait in anticipation. Tis a shame we dunno where the interviews will take place really ;)

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2013, 06:58:37 pm by Prez »
Would have Glynn back in a flash. Always thought it should have been Glynn in charge before with ian as his number 2. He has a wealth of experiance and knows the club inside out.

Give him a ring  JR!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2013, 07:04:10 pm by Jimmydee »
Prez, How does he know the club inside out? We have moved from Belle Vue.
Glyn has progressed his career well away from Doncaster.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2013, 07:06:21 pm by donnyallday »
Massive connection to our club, still holds us at heart.

Spent many a year working as a number 2 and other capacitys with big clubs and big managers, extensive knowledge of the game, but never held the hot seat.... im on the fence i think on this one.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2013, 07:08:39 pm by MachoMadness »
Was before my time as a player but obviously I'm aware of his legend status. Apparently he's an excellent coach, and very well respected in the game so I wouldn't be surprised if we went for him. Could be another managerial gem we've unearthed!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2013, 07:17:32 pm by wilts rover »
Its a big risk, he could prove to be a good manager but like Steve Kean, Pat Rice, Steve Beaglehole and many others he could also demonstrate that their is a huge difference and step-up between a coach and a manager. Like my reservations with Flynn/Jones, it would certainly be a risk worth taking if we were mid-table but not when we are chasing promotion. He would get my support if he were appointed (as will anyone else).

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2013, 07:45:00 pm by Tiddysdad »
I said on facebook that I wouldn't be suprised if Glynn S and his side kick at Hudderfield Ian Miller were approched - I loved both players back in their day and believe they could do a great job here - but i have a very small worry about the number one spot being the correct place for them at the present time. As the previous writer said if we weren't top possibley - then again maybe there enthusiasum would be enough to get us across the line.
So what I'm trying to say is I'd love them to be there but not sure if nows the right time.

I wish there was a spell checker on this thing. Ha!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2013, 07:55:54 pm by idler »
There is. Mjgreg.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2013, 08:00:57 pm by Prez »
To answer your question Jimmy, he has played for the club, coached the club, and is from the area.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2013, 08:16:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
Is he  interested in the the managers job because it is Doncaster or does he now feel ready to become a Number one. Therefore if he did not get the job would he apply for other posts in the same league or leagues lower.
Dean at least had been a manager for three years at Wrexham before given the chance here. Therefore for me some experience in a managers job should be essential.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2013, 08:47:14 pm by Prez »
Penney had never managed before, didnt do him any harm.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 09, 2013, 08:50:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Was not successful at this level though, his record elsewhere not good. I believe experience of a manager is required to take us further. But it's the boards decision and lets hope they make the right one.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2013, 08:53:28 pm by RedJ »
Was not successful at this level though, his record elsewhere not good. I believe experience of a manager is required to take us further. But it's the boards decision and lets hope they make the right one.

Top 10 finishes consistently with weaker squads than we have now, and only a cup run I believe stopped us making the playoffs in 2005.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2013, 10:24:00 pm by BobG »
I'd have Glynn in a flash. Fantastic reputation as a coach. The club he supports. Only risk is he was nesh as a player!

BobG

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2013, 10:26:14 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'd have Glynn in a flash. Fantastic reputation as a coach. The club he supports. Only risk is he was nesh as a player!

BobG

:)  I'd be pretty surprised if he had to play again for us though

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 09, 2013, 10:27:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

BobG

Glynn would me my choice first class coach with unfinished business.

Ian writes when he got fired off that he pleaded with Jr to keep Glynn, thus my comment above.

Glynn and Flynn as assistant to keep the continuity !

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 09, 2013, 10:30:14 pm by podrover73 »
Would love to have Glynn here was a hero of mine from his playing days and as said earlier should have got the job ahead of Ian.

Has worked as assistant to some top managers and has learnt his trade and been involved with them for many years.

Donny lad through and through and has put his head above the parapet and mentioned that he would like to manage the club.

:welcome:

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 09, 2013, 11:15:44 pm by JonWallsend »

BobG

Bit harsh, Bob. Granted he didn't enjoy a tackle like Ian, who at about 10 stone wringing wet would go through an opponent irrespective of if the ball was there to be won or not, but I don't recollect him shirking much. He was measured in that he didn't fly in, but his heart was never in question.

I too would have him back  like a shot- he's worked at bigger clubs than us since he was dismissed last time, gained some international experience and is a well respected coach.

We need a coach rather than a motivator, although I'm sure we could get someone in for team morale, it's a role that Terry Mac occupied for years at Newcastle etc, as we appear to have some natural leaders on the pitch.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 09, 2013, 11:54:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I would not be disappointed with Glynn. He has definitely been learning the trade and coaching at some well respected clubs and with some success.

Man management is so important in the game now and that's an area we know so little about him, so that would be my only concern however, with the corporal at his side I'm fairly sure he'll be able to get his message over! 

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 10, 2013, 08:09:42 am by keyser_soze »
My memory of Glynn is a great coach and friend to the players, (the Richard O'Kelly role from what I saw of him) the kind of thing that works well with youth coaching.

I'd be pleased to have him in charge though just for his reputation and link to the club, always thought we signed the wrong brother when we put Ian in charge then threw the baby out with the bathwater when we sacked Glynn too (if he was sacked, did he leave out of solidarity with Ian?)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 10, 2013, 09:03:40 am by Wellred »
To be fair I don't think it really would have worked for either side to have sacked Ian and kept Glyn.
I certainly think if Glyn got the job it would be a very positive move..........PLUS it would unite all our fans and stop all the griping on here.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 10, 2013, 10:26:29 am by RedArmy »
donny lad through and through?

but born in rotherham lol.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 10, 2013, 10:40:48 am by Prez »
True, but so was Alick Jeffrey!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012