Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:34:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snod fancys a bash  (Read 4708 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Snod fancys a bash
« Reply #30 on January 10, 2013, 11:04:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Was not successful at this level though, his record elsewhere not good. I believe experience of a manager is required to take us further. But it's the boards decision and lets hope they make the right one.

Whoaa. A bit of revisionist history going on there.

Penney took us to higher league positions every season. He missed out on the play-offs by 3-4 points the season before he was sacked. And he had peanuts to spend compared to what we finally spent to get us into the play-offs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 10, 2013, 11:13:11 am by PACMAN »
It's sadly a no from me for Snod, he's a lovely guy and a brilliant coach but he's too nice IMHO, a manager needs a mean streak and I don't think Glyn has a mean bone in his body!! :(

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 10, 2013, 11:17:22 am by Donnybax »
If we're going with someone without managerial experience I'd rather just keep Flynn tbh already knows this group of players.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 10, 2013, 11:44:56 am by SIRFRAN »
the main consensus is does an exceptional coach make a good manager? This draws me to steve clarke, the exact same questions asked of him but hes doin a sound job at WBA! Slightly different levels between clarke ans snodin but the similarities arw there

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 10, 2013, 12:08:24 pm by Donnyjim »
I think we may go for Snodin, based purely on the fact that he is the cheap option and we don’t have much cash.

He has come in from 33-1 to 12-1 - third favourite.

I think this will be a mistake. Experience, like everything in life is key. He has not got it as a manager at this level.

If we do go down this road, I can see the wheels slowly coming off and us finishing about 8th.

I loved Glyn as a player but I hope the board make a structured informed decision using their criteria.

Lets decide with our heads and not with our hearts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012