Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:20:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leo fortune west  (Read 2806 times)

Jeremy In The Pickle

• Forum Member
Leo fortune west
« on January 09, 2013, 11:39:16 pm by Jeremy In The Pickle »
What does everyone think about Leo having a role at the club in some capacity? He's down at armthorpe welfare at the moment and learning the trade there alongside his coaching badges. He's a fan favourite and certainly knows where the onion bag is so what have we got to loose? He could certainly give some of our boys a lesson on how to bulky the backline and snuff out a goal or 2. Possibly a role as the Striker coach etc.. Future manager even one day. Hail king Leo  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

1BillyBright

• Forum Member
Re: Leo fortune west
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2013, 11:45:30 pm by 1BillyBright »
cudnt agree more, LFW is a big part of our history and we shud honour that.

I don't know how he is doing down at Armthorpe but I have heard only good things so maybe he could come in as Assistant and leave Rob Jones to do what he does best?

RTID,

Bill

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2013, 11:47:14 pm by afro goal machine »
Dave penneys number 2 !
Would love to see him knocking about the club in a coaching capacity. Comes across as very intelligent.

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2013, 11:48:13 pm by Katesby »
Agreed. Would love to see big Leo back at Donny. You're right he certainly knows where the onion bag is!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2013, 11:52:51 pm by MachoMadness »
At first I thought this was a thread about former Doncaster Rovers striker Leo Fortune-West, but then you mentioned he knows where the onion bag is so it must be a different bloke.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2013, 11:55:06 pm by wilts rover »
Striker coach - we've only got three of them! And what do you think Leo could teach a Canadian international, a bloke who got 30 goals in this division and Chris Brown? Wouldn't have a problem with Leo (or most other ex-players) coming back with the club in some capacity, but if you are looking at paid roles when we have a strict budget - sorry I would rather have another player thanks.

Jeremy In The Pickle

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2013, 11:57:16 pm by Jeremy In The Pickle »
I know a few lads down at the welfare ground and they can't rate him any more highly. A Cold look in the eye. The look of a winner. Nothing will get in his way. Kinda bloke. Ultimate pro which can only rub off on some of our younger lads

1BillyBright

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2013, 11:58:45 pm by 1BillyBright »
There is no substitute for experience wilts rover, if we continue to play the saunders style of football who better than leo to work with paytner and brown on being a target man

RTID,

Bill

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2013, 12:00:00 am by BobG »
So who would you sack to get him in?

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 10, 2013, 07:19:21 am by RobTheRover »
Martis?

Oops,  only joking.

;)

northerncasual

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2013, 07:51:30 am by northerncasual »
People ruling out certain candidates for lack of experience then this is an example. He could lead welly to their first ever relegation, and I work with one of his players and he says he's struggled with tactics. His assistants the man who's bailed him out

KETrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 10, 2013, 10:32:41 am by KETrover »
Finally! A bit of sense in this forum from Jeremy.

Leo would be a great addition to the club, whether it be manager or backroom staff. Loved by the fans and he  lives locally, wouldnt ask for big wages.

Great shout IMHO Jeremy.

Up the Rovers

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2013, 10:47:37 am by RedArmy »
think its great before leo got involved with armthorpe he was often down at the keepmoat in the west stand watching!

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2013, 11:37:23 am by SIRFRAN »
Leo cannot currently commit to full time coaching through other comitments he has, i have no doubt he will be back in the football league in some capacity though, either as a coach or a manager - and would be great in future to perhaps see leo at keepmoat!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2013, 05:57:20 pm by streatham dave »
liked him as a player but he is responsible for the worst miss I have ever or for that matter will ever see in my life. 2/3 inches off the line vs Crystal Palace away (in I think league cup) A shot was going goalward. Leo was lying on the floor. All he had to do was either not to touch it or hit it with any part of his body other than his knee and it was in. He managed to knee it up and over the crossbar. I wouldn't have believed it was possible had I not seen it for myself as it seemed to defy all the laws of physics. It went at least 1ft over the bar and maybe more.

AlonzoDrake

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2013, 06:11:51 pm by AlonzoDrake »
How utterly sad that in the past two days the Troll (Madmick) has to create 3 aliases, KETrover, 1BillyBright, and Jeremy In The Pickle, in order to keeping posting a load of utter b*llocks to try and get a response -- and then what is even sadder, he's replying to himself. I know loneliness, and isolation is a sad thing mjdgreg, but please go and play on the Barnsley forum.

KETrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2013, 06:19:37 pm by KETrover »
i think its more sad, that you've studied each of the users to come to this 'conclusion' which in fact as actually the only 'utter b*llocks' in this forum.

Up the Rovers

1BillyBright

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 10, 2013, 07:31:02 pm by 1BillyBright »
Thanks Alonzo for your intelligent reply, appreciated.

I'm sure the Moderators wouldn't hesitate to ban someone creating multiple accounts from the same computer...

I don't see your problem, we're all Donny aren't we?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 10, 2013, 07:59:06 pm by southwestexile »
There is no substitute for experience wilts rover, if we continue to play the saunders style of football who better than leo to work with paytner and brown on being a target man

RTID,

Bill

Big Ron has a lot of experience

TinyPortal © 2005-2012