Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:46:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just out of interest  (Read 4514 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Just out of interest
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2019, 12:26:24 pm by RoversAlias »
Pathetic to blame Marko, he made some great saves and also kept us in the shoot-out with a tremendous save from Naby Sarr. Everyone can slip, Coppinger did it with the ball at his feet in the attacking third at one stage, did he have "bad footwork" as well?

He's always given it everything for the club, has Marosi, and just gets loads of stick when he's actually pretty good and far better than a succession of goalkeepers we've had in goal since Sullivan left.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2019, 12:45:56 pm by mjg »
Totally agree with this post , we need a keeper who doesn’t drop so many bollox and commands his box to take the pressure off the defence . To all those who can’t see this just take a minute to look back over the season and count how many times this guy has made mistakes at crucial times with not coming for a ball or coming for a ball in the box . You people who think he is bees knees are delusional, yes he is a shot stopper but Christ there is more to it than that

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2019, 12:52:09 pm by IDM »
If silence is the better argument maybe the OP should follow that advice.!

One thing you will always get on a forum is a reaction to controversial posts.!

Over a period of time, you get an impression of the amount of negativity certain posters show..

You spoilt it again by personalising !
Controversy to one man is food for thought to another.....every negative statement needs debating and rationalising.....otherwise the negative becomes a fact....

Deep breath and answer this question;

IDM, Do you think GM would have stuck with Marosi in goal for the final against Sunderland , or preferred a fully fit Lawlor ?

Eh what.?  You’re talking in riddles..

The OP is renowned for being overly negative, therefore yet another negative post after an outstanding team performance warrants response..  how can it not be “personal” if it is necessary to point out the ridiculous nature of a persons’s posts.?

As for the actual OP question, I answered it in my first response if you care to read it.!

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2019, 11:59:01 pm by jackthelad »
I think McCann would have started with Marosi at Wembley.

Mainly for continuity and the fact that Lawlor isn’t match fit.

I have no doubt that Lawlor will be our number one next season and if anything I think Marosi has shown the last couple of months he isn’t good enough overall and has too many mistakes in him.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 19, 2019, 10:05:06 am by andyst79 »
Wouldn't have even made the playoffs if it wasn't for Marosis form at the beginning of the season

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 19, 2019, 11:27:22 am by jackthelad »
Wouldn't have even made the playoffs if it wasn't for Marosis form at the beginning of the season

That’s up for debate. Lawlor is a very good goalkeeper in my book.

He did make saves to save us as does every keeper, but this last 12 games or so he has made more errors than any goalkeeper I can remember for us. He is a absolute liability when a ball is crossed into our box.

He’s a nice guy but if we are wanting to challenge again, he’s not good enough.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 19, 2019, 12:49:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Problem is that both of them have a mistake in them nigh on every game. Looks like McCann has settled on Lawlor though so hope with age he can iron all this out.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 19, 2019, 01:06:35 pm by RedJ »
I think McCann would have started with Marosi at Wembley.

Mainly for continuity and the fact that Lawlor isn’t match fit.

I have no doubt that Lawlor will be our number one next season and if anything I think Marosi has shown the last couple of months he isn’t good enough overall and has too many mistakes in him.

Cos Lawlor doesn't drop clangers about once a game either does he?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 19, 2019, 02:49:41 pm by Branton Rover »
Wouldn’t have made the playoffs at all but for Marko & his performance in the first half, the game at Roots Hall - he also performed a job of sacrificing himself by getting sent off when we could’ve lost he got us a valuable point - I like Marko immensely & it’ll be a shame to see him move on

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 22, 2019, 09:31:50 am by Donnywolf »
Well MM is off - not being offered another Contract so although we have debated this to death - and had Polls and supported "our" personal choices about is MM or IL the best Keeper .... the one opinion that counts has decided in favour of IL

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 22, 2019, 10:23:05 am by ravenrover »
Sorry Wolfie but GM said he was offered a new contract

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 22, 2019, 05:01:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Aye sorry .... that changes it a bit I suppose ... and proves nowt !

I just assumed which of course was "risky"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012