Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 05:42:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: GM Interview  (Read 3320 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: GM Interview
« Reply #30 on August 10, 2022, 10:35:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Last night was irrelevant in my view. Getting a full squad fit is key this season.

Agree yesterday didn’t mean that much. But we can’t rely on ever getting a fully fit squad before we start playing well. Waited last season so long that we just walked out the division.

No the games are coming thick and fast we’re as likely to pick up new injuries as get players back

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 10, 2022, 11:58:06 pm by grayx »
[quote

Bookmark this post - McSheffrey will soon be sacked. Coppinger will become interim manager. Then after an "exhaustive" recruitment process, will be made permanent manager.
[/quote]

Maybe, though i reckon if GM doesnt prove successful his replacement could be his current assistant.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 11, 2022, 08:30:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It surprises me that some of you lot are surprised with how bad McSheffrey has been when the writing was on the wall from day one.

The board hired a manager with zero experience of managing a senior football team at any level - let alone league 1 or 2. Then expected him to perform to the same level as managers who actually know what they're doing.

I resigned myself long ago to us being stuck in League 2 for a while.

Bookmark this post - McSheffrey will soon be sacked. Coppinger will become interim manager. Then after an "exhaustive" recruitment process, will be made permanent manager.

As desperate as you are to see GM fail just to so you can say "I told you so", and pour more scorn on the board, this is not just about GM.

This is also about the new structure, Copps as Head of Football", the new staff appointed etc.

I suggest all that is not going to be thrown down the pan in a hurry.

So, define 'soon' please.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 11, 2022, 09:28:00 am by roversdude »
It surprises me that some of you lot are surprised with how bad McSheffrey has been when the writing was on the wall from day one.

The board hired a manager with zero experience of managing a senior football team at any level - let alone league 1 or 2. Then expected him to perform to the same level as managers who actually know what they're doing.

I resigned myself long ago to us being stuck in League 2 for a while.

As desperate as you are to see GM fail just to so you can say "I told you so", and pour more scorn on the board, this is not just about GM.

This is also about the new structure, Copps as Head of Football", the new staff appointed etc.

I suggest all that is not going to be thrown down the pan in a hurry.

So, define 'soon' please.

DBR it’s just another WUM who has been strangely absent until we lost

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 11, 2022, 10:18:37 am by les@donr »
GMc is right to rest Miller and Rowe keeping them fresh for the weekend. This season is about one thing only, promotion, we do not need any distractions from the cups.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 11, 2022, 10:42:23 am by swintonrover »
I've not yet worked out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that McSheffrey has the same complaints post match as we all have.

You'd think as manager he'd stomp some of them out.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 11, 2022, 10:45:38 am by ncRover »
I've not yet worked out if it's a good thing or a bad thing that McSheffrey has the same complaints post match as we all have.

You'd think as manager he'd stomp some of them out.

Rather that than a manager who blames external factors all the time

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 11, 2022, 12:52:52 pm by elmsallrover »
GMc is right to rest Miller and Rowe keeping them fresh for the weekend. This season is about one thing only, promotion, we do not need any distractions from the cups.
rest the season only 2 games old up to Tuesdays game

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 11, 2022, 01:45:28 pm by roversdude »
Think protect may have been a better word

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 11, 2022, 02:45:27 pm by Barmby Rover »
The squad, like last year , is vulnerable or of a standard that will struggle with Lg.2 football. We have been extremely lucky so far, Saturday will be another test, I worry we will see a further bursting of expectations.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012