Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 12:16:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Impatience..  (Read 6006 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Impatience..
« on July 03, 2019, 09:31:25 am by wing commander »
    I hate times like this..In the old days Rovers was such a leaky ship that often you would know who was signing/becoming manager even before they did.Not now though..Even the bookies haven't got a clue

And whilst that's a good thing, as a fan it does drive you nuts.Right now everyday feels like we are missing out as other League one clubs continue to add to their ranks and we are sat in this limbo waiting for the process to be completed.

The squad or what's left of it are team bonding in La Mango with a game of five a side and even then Gavin Baldwin is probably in nets.All current transfer activity will have ground to a halt while we await the new manager to be appointed.

Hopefully plans are in place to really move with pace when he comes in.Right now we are probably not losing anything as the first week is mainly tests and fitness but from next week everyday will be a day we lose in preparation to other teams..

So for now we sit and wait,everbody will keeping checking in here to see if a new name or a titbit has been uncovered but so far not a clue..It sure is frustrating..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Impatience..
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2019, 10:24:02 am by silent majority »
Yep, I understand, but it will be all done and dusted within the week if everything goes according to plan.

Gavin is finding it easier to get things done whilst out there, with the added benefit that the players have responded positively to him being there as a symbol of all being in this together, no separation of management and players.

There is a list of players that have agreed to join the club, but it still makes sense to hold off until the new man is appointed. This time next week will look completely different. Have faith.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 03, 2019, 10:36:15 am by Alan Southstand »
WC, I very much empathise with your sentiments and you’ve hit the nail on the head for all supporters, like you and me, who only want the best for the club. Drive and ambition is not much to ask for and it’s not been in evidence much this summer.

However, reading SM’s post gives us all a much needed boost that our stated aim of challenging for promotion again this coming season is well and truly on. Thanks for that little snippet, Martin.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2019, 10:36:22 am by RoversAlias »
Yep, I understand, but it will be all done and dusted within the week if everything goes according to plan.

Gavin is finding it easier to get things done whilst out there, with the added benefit that the players have responded positively to him being there as a symbol of all being in this together, no separation of management and players.

There is a list of players that have agreed to join the club, but it still makes sense to hold off until the new man is appointed. This time next week will look completely different. Have faith.

Can I ask SM, with regard to these potential new signings, will it be a case of the new manager simply ticking the box to say "Yes, I want these players that DRFC have agreed to sign", a bit like McCann with Crawford last year?

If in a fortnight we are sat here with a manager and 4/5 new signings, I think we'll all feel pretty good about things. Hopefully a benefit of having the set-up where GB/higher ups deal with player contracts once said players have been identified by the management staff.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2019, 10:59:37 am by redarmy82 »

Good to hear. I think if a new manager is confirmed this week, then we should be okay. I did fear the worst with the original statement the club put out, but now the dust has settled, things don't look too bad.

If things did roll on for another week, for whatever reason, then you'd have to be a little concerned.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2019, 11:06:59 am by Retdon1 »

So are potential candidates being flown out to la manga for interviews ??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2019, 11:10:04 am by silent majority »

Good to hear. I think if a new manager is confirmed this week, then we should be okay. I did fear the worst with the original statement the club put out, but now the dust has settled, things don't look too bad.

If things did roll on for another week, for whatever reason, then you'd have to be a little concerned.

I did say things should be confirmed within a week, I didn't mean within this week.

Interviews are being arranged, but will most likely take place next Monday, a 2nd interview will more than likely take place on Tuesday and if everything's OK will be confirmed Tuesday afternoon. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2019, 11:10:15 am by silent majority »

No.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2019, 11:14:26 am by redarmy82 »

I did say things should be confirmed within a week, I didn't mean within this week.

Interviews are being arranged, but will most likely take place next Monday, a 2nd interview will more than likely take place on Tuesday and if everything's OK will be confirmed Tuesday afternoon.

Thanks for clarifying.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2019, 11:19:15 am by Bezza »
Hard to see any player hanging about to sign for us if he gets an offer from elsewhere,

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2019, 11:20:07 am by silent majority »

Can I ask SM, with regard to these potential new signings, will it be a case of the new manager simply ticking the box to say "Yes, I want these players that DRFC have agreed to sign", a bit like McCann with Crawford last year?

If in a fortnight we are sat here with a manager and 4/5 new signings, I think we'll all feel pretty good about things. Hopefully a benefit of having the set-up where GB/higher ups deal with player contracts once said players have been identified by the management staff.

I can't honestly answer that one, but I'd be amazed if the new manager declined those on offer.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2019, 11:20:26 am by wing commander »
   Thanks SM.. That's as good a update as we could have expected..My op was mainly just about how frustrating it is and not a pop at how the clubs going about it..Which is the right way..

Like what has been said neither the fans,players or the club wanted to be in this situation but it is what it is so best foot forward and all that..Next week is when things start to turn...

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2019, 11:21:59 am by Retdon1 »

No.

Why is gavin out in la manga now and not interviewing this week... why wait until next week. Surly we should be getting on with things and not letting another week pass by.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2019, 11:23:34 am by silent majority »
   Thanks SM.. That's as good a update as we could have expected..My op was mainly just about how frustrating it is and not a pop at how the clubs going about it..Which is the right way..

Like what has been said neither the fans,players or the club wanted to be in this situation but it is what it is so best foot forward and all that..Next week is when things start to turn...

That's my job done then WC!

To be fair, GB sounded very upbeat, and the lengths they have gone to have been extremely thorough, and I mean really thorough, to ensure our next manager will drive us forward.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2019, 11:24:55 am by silent majority »

No.

Why is gavin out in la manga now and not interviewing this week... why wait until next week. Surly we should be getting on with things and not letting another week pass by.

They are getting on with things, that's the whole point. You underestimate just how much preparation goes into selecting the right candidates for interview.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2019, 11:31:04 am by PDS »
Going through candidates bins to check their liking for curries and special brew? ;)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2019, 11:31:20 am by dickos1 »
All good news
And I suppose even within the interview they could discuss the players with the candidate

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 03, 2019, 11:45:23 am by Copps is Magic »
So let's draw the threads together here. Baldwin is in La Manga. Candidates are not being flown out to La Manga. Which logically means that either a) the interview process hasn't started b) there won't be an open interview process as such (candidates have been approached more directly lets say).*

* or c) they've done it on skype which I find unlikely.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 03, 2019, 11:50:54 am by dickos1 »
Interviews start Monday, Martin just said

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 03, 2019, 11:56:18 am by Copps is Magic »
OK. I missed that. Back of my head was Liam Hoden who said a few days ago that the board had already drawn up their shortlist and interviews were happening in the coming days. Either they had or something changed.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 03, 2019, 12:05:16 pm by wing commander »
  Or Liam is using a bit of Journalist license which I suspect is closer to the truth..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 03, 2019, 12:31:51 pm by silent majority »
Yes he must have been. As of yesterday the club were still on the 'long list'.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 03, 2019, 12:50:09 pm by NickDRFC »
Hard to see any player hanging about to sign for us if he gets an offer from elsewhere,

This is the main issue for me. Players have agreed to sign but they don’t know exactly when that will be, or even that it is definitely happening. Shouldnt be an issue if we get the new manager within a week, but if it takes longer there’s more chance either of a player’s head being turned or them getting twitchy and getting their agents to tout them out.

Don’t see any reason to worry or complain right now though - lets see how the next couple of weeks pan out.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 03, 2019, 12:55:41 pm by IDM »
Don’t forget we are mostly expecting Marquis to be sold to allow him to fulfil his aim to play in the championship, and there is expected to be interest in Whiteman too.

Yet neither has left the club nor are there stories in the media of impending departure, are there?

So if there is no urgency with any movement of our two most saleable players, it shows to me that there is plenty of time for player movements over the coming week and that we aren’t (necessarily) missing out by waiting for the new manager.?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 03, 2019, 01:00:10 pm by adamtherover »

There is a list of players that have agreed to join the club, but it still makes sense to hold off until the new man is appointed. .

is this left over from GMs list or are gavin and the board now picking players?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 03, 2019, 01:11:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The key point is to have no further slippages isn't it?  The clock is ticking and thus some urgency over the next week is key.

But I'd rather wait an extra week to get it right, even if it does make us impatient.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 03, 2019, 03:32:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
The appropriate words in SM's op were "if all goes to plan". Let's hope it all goes well.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 03, 2019, 03:45:00 pm by scawsby steve »

I can't honestly answer that one, but I'd be amazed if the new manager declined those on offer.

That's a really encouraging post Martin, as it suggests that the players on offer are very good.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 03, 2019, 03:50:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The only thing is if the new man doesn't play 4-3-3, he might require different positions being filled.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 03, 2019, 04:30:37 pm by Danmckay456 »

Are these potential signings permanent or on loan

TinyPortal © 2005-2012