Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:13:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todays highlights  (Read 3010 times)

Filo

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Todays highlights
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2018, 10:30:50 pm by dickos1 »
Looks like a pen on Rowe

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2018, 10:50:22 pm by Prez »
what's a pen?  :chair:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2018, 11:38:19 pm by steve@dcfd »
Looking at the poor backpass Lawlor got a touch on the ball which allow the ball to bobble and Anderson to clear it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2018, 02:37:31 am by dknward2 »
Like how they are showing the penalty shouts both should have been given both players made no attempt for the ball

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2018, 07:10:08 am by Cantley Rover »
I think some people are getting a penalty complex. Neither were remotely close to being penalties.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2018, 08:14:40 am by dickos1 »
I think some people are getting a penalty complex. Neither were remotely close to being penalties.

Marquis isn't a pen but it's definitely a foul on Rowe. He's out the ball through the defenders legs and then the defender has hauled him down. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2018, 08:20:42 am by Cantley Rover »

Marquis isn't a pen but it's definitely a foul on Rowe. He's out the ball through the defenders legs and then the defender has hauled him down. Anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul

Take the blinkers off. We have had some terrible decisions given against us but it's John Marquis doing what he does best. He falls into him. Never a penalty.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2018, 08:21:54 am by dickos1 »
I've just said marquis wasn't a penalty 🙄

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2018, 08:26:10 am by Jonathan »
To Marquis’ credit he just got up and got on with it and made another chance out of the situation. He put another shift in yesterday. He and Beestin both worked incredibly hard with very little service.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 11, 2018, 09:19:20 am by NickDRFC »
Either my phone is messed up or they are the strangest set of highlights I’ve ever seen.

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 11, 2018, 09:52:17 am by Cantley Rover »
I've just said marquis wasn't a penalty 🙄
Sorry I meant Rowe. No way a penalty. Let's face it Tommy Rowe has got form in those situations.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 11, 2018, 10:51:36 am by bobbymax »
The Marquis one would have been very soft but the Rowe one I'm not so sure. The defender clearly makes no contact with the ball but kind of falls into Rowe. Suggesting Tommy might have dived is ridiculous, I don't think anyone would have been able to stay on their feet in the circumstances. As said above, it's clumsy and a foul anywhere else on the pitch so why not in the area?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 11, 2018, 10:54:17 am by ravenrover »
what about the 1 in the 2nd half when their defender just turned his shoulder into the ball and it him about halfway up  his arm

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 11, 2018, 11:06:31 am by balbyrover »
Didn't go the game but after watching the highlights even before i seen this thread my first impressions were..

Marquis dived hopelessly and soon got up as soon as he realised it wasn't a foul.

Rowe is a much harder one to see from the camera angle. It looks like he has the beating of the defender but I'm not sure the defender knows much about blocking him off to be honest. It is a 50/50 one for me and i would need to see a better tv angle.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 11, 2018, 11:11:38 am by The Red Baron »
Marquis one. Not a penalty. Even he didn't think so.

Rowe. Penalty. Not a blatant one but it was a foul and would probably have been given as a free kick in the middle of the park.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 11, 2018, 11:25:55 am by Dutch Uncle »
Like how they are showing the penalty shouts both should have been given both players made no attempt for the ball

I wonder if showing more of these is anything to do with Fergie's rant and interview making it more topical for Sky?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 11, 2018, 11:28:03 am by ravenrover »
Marquis should have scored the chance in the 1st half, wonderful worker for the team but not a natural goalscorer jmho

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 11, 2018, 11:36:03 am by Cantley Rover »
The biggest problem we have is that honesty has gone out of football. Yes there have been some terrible refereeing decisions against us but we have all seen some real play acting from both us and the opposition this season.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 11, 2018, 11:42:48 am by RedJ »
Tommy Rowe is one of the worst culprits. He's done himself no favours by building a bit of a reputation for it.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 11, 2018, 11:53:38 am by donnievic »
Still think marquis could quiet easily been given the way number 3 charged across then put his hands up,yes would of been soft but they got a free kick in the 2nd half for exact same thing right near the corner flag,as for Rowe incident I didn’t think it was at the time and would of been another soft one and everyone would go mad if given against us

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 11, 2018, 12:45:43 pm by Superspy »
For me, the Rowe one looked worse on the highlights than it did from my position in the South. My gut reaction at the time was that Tommy knocked it through his legs and then fell into him immediately..nowhere the defender could go.

I don't personally think the Marquis one is a foul, but once again my issue is lack of consistency...a couple of minutes later we did exactly the same thing to one of their players outside of the box (near the South West corner I think) and the ref blew for a foul. Either that shouldn't have been a foul, or ours should have been a penalty.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 11, 2018, 12:50:25 pm by Jonathan »
The Marquis one would have been a soft and I’m not saying it should have been given, it’s a contact sport. However, late in the game Marquis was pressuring the left back down by the South West corner and a free kick was given the other way for exactly the same type of challenge. That’s a frustrating inconsistency that has always been part of the game.

Edit - I see exactly the same point has been made above!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012