Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sending off last night  (Read 1968 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Sending off last night
« on August 22, 2012, 10:33:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I could have sworn that the sending off last night was for a second yellow card. But all the media have it down as a straight red for a professional foul.

If that's the case then that ref should never get another professional match. No way could the foul be construed as serious foul play. And to consider it to be "denial of an obvious goalscoring opportunity" is perverse; Brown was 45 yards from goal with three defenders around him.

I'd be bloody fuming if it'd happened to us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
Re: Sending off last night
« Reply #1 on August 22, 2012, 10:35:20 am by Viking Don »
Had to be a second yellow cos he showed that before showing the red.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 22, 2012, 10:46:26 am by jonnydog »
Definitely a second yellow

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 22, 2012, 10:52:42 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That's what I thought at the time. Looks like the Press Assoc reports are all to cock then.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 22, 2012, 10:54:26 am by MrFrost »
He tried to bring down Bennett in the first half and got booked.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 22, 2012, 10:57:30 am by DRFC-PERKINS »
I couldn't remember him being booked the first time, I was pretty shocked when the red came out after the yellow if i'm honest.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 22, 2012, 11:21:25 am by donnievic »
I couldn't remember him being booked the first time, I was pretty shocked when the red came out after the yellow if i'm honest.

Get sum specs then perks lol,he got booked just  before corner was  taken after Bennett broke away.

DRFC-PERKINS

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 22, 2012, 11:55:46 am by DRFC-PERKINS »

Get sum specs then perks lol,he got booked just  before corner was  taken after Bennett broke away.

haha, knowing me mate I was probably in day dreaming about the missus.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 22, 2012, 12:42:35 pm by jonnydog »
In fairness I think everyone was surprised when the red was shown. Everyone around me was wondering why I was cheering, and then when I pointed out he'd just shown the red I didn't feel as much of a dick.

Similar to when I was walking out at the end and it came over the speaker that Leeds had lost. I cheered and got some funny stares at people... clearly not the same people coming to the game this year!! :(

brim1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 22, 2012, 03:10:35 pm by brim1980 »
His first booking was for a lunge on Bennett in the first half when he broke away from a corner, the ref let the play go on until we missed the chance then he came back and booked him then.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 22, 2012, 03:27:21 pm by RoversAlias »
The first booking was given after it had happened and we had a corner lined up. To be honest I totally missed it but my dad pointed it out.

He was definitely handed a second yellow, because we tried to take a quick free kick as the ref was lifting it in the air. People booed, until he produced his red card to signal Schumacher was off. PA must just be off.

shaker0

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 22, 2012, 03:27:48 pm by shaker0 »
His first booking was for a lunge on Bennett in the first half when he broke away from a corner, the ref let the play go on until we missed the chance then he came back and booked him then.

I thought the first was for the pushing and shoving and coming together of heads between him and Hughes (the defender) just after the ball had gone out of play?!

rhinoplod

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 22, 2012, 03:32:53 pm by rhinoplod »
No, he tried to scythe down Bennett as we broke in the first half from the corner. The ref played advantage and then called him back to book him - good refereeing actually! In the second half he attempted another professional foul by pulling back Brown as he began to surge forward. The ref spotted it and gave the second yellow. 2 attempts at professional fouls, both correctly punished.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012