Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:52:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loanees update  (Read 4797 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Loanees update
« on August 20, 2012, 02:29:40 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Wakefield - unused sub on saturday
Ball - played 77 minutes
McCormick -played 58 minutes

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Loanees update
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2012, 02:35:09 pm by Filo »
Ball - played 77 minutes

We should be stipulating that they play if fit, we`re the big boys in this situation and it`s our turn to call the shots

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2012, 02:37:26 pm by Wellred »
Isn't that a bit hypocritical when we get agents saying the same thing to us and we say no we cannot accept that?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2012, 02:40:09 pm by Filo »
Isn't that a bit hypocritical when we get agents saying the same thing to us and we say no we cannot accept that?

Yes it is, but, big clubs try it on with us, why should we be nice to smaller clubs, we`re higher up the pecking order, so in turn we should try it on, we have to look after our own situation, not worry about what others think

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2012, 02:41:09 pm by Wellred »
Agreed. You don't ask you don't get. Thats my motto.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 20, 2012, 02:45:22 pm by roverstillidie91 »
If say he's training with us and not played the next game isnt likely to benefit him or us is it

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 20, 2012, 03:13:21 pm by GazLaz »
Why loan them out when we can't even fill our bench. Playing games is important for youngsters but it's not the be all and end all. Dropping down the leagues often means the coaching is not as higher standard as it is at the parent club. 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 20, 2012, 03:17:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Aren't they still training with us and just going to the other clubs for matches?  I thought I'd read that was the case.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 20, 2012, 03:21:45 pm by The Beast »
Ball - played 77 minutes
:saywhat:

We should be stipulating that they play if fit, we`re the big boys in this situation and it`s our turn to call the shots
Give it a couple of weeks, its a learning curve for the lad, its upto him to work hard and seize his chance when it comes along. Last week people were moaning that the clubs that the youngsters were being loaned out to were not of a high enough standard. It's obviously a very fine balance, give the lads at least a month or so then review the situation see if the loan is working for all parties, let's not dictate.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 20, 2012, 03:51:06 pm by graingrover »
It's much much cheaper than hiring a pitch , getting into a Reserve  League that accept the pitch and surrounding facilities ...having a full Reserve squad etc etc ... it's all part of the new Rovers and we have a youth development policy( beyond 18 yrs) that we have not had since Billy Bremner. Snodins, Pugh,Deane.... 

DonSkippy

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 20, 2012, 03:54:49 pm by DonSkippy »
Ball got a goal i think?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 20, 2012, 04:35:41 pm by Wellred »
Aren't they still training with us and just going to the other clubs for matches?  I thought I'd read that was the case.

Yes they train with us during the week and one or two evenings a week with the loan club thenmeet up with the team on matchday.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 20, 2012, 05:01:05 pm by graingrover »
WellRed ... then perfect way of developing them
.YEARS ago when I was a kid  playing at Rovers  the Juniors trained twice a week , Tuesday and Thursday at Bellevue and a game for  the Northern Intermediates or A team if they could find your address to 'call you up' for the Saturday game . I still have some of the invitations  that I will give the club to put in the Belle Vue bar if they are interested ... Seasons 1958- 1961. Jack Crayston Manager ' ex Arsenal and England centre half. Good OLD OLD days but which are my inseparable links with Rovers even after 40 years abroad. My team mates included Ray Veall , Rovers and Everton , Barry Swallow ( Ernie's lad ) whose Dad played for our all conquering 1946 team at right half . Barry went on to captain the first team at Rovers then York City where he eventually became a Director . His Dad became publican of the great pub in Edenthorpe ... can't remember the name but was and still is on the main road from Donny  to Thorne.?
 The first team in those days was ... Gregg , Makepeace, Graham, Teasedale, Patterson, Brown, Mooney, Tindill, Mc Morran , Jeffrey, Walker . I can still picture them now in the 25,000 packed Belle Vue taking on Liverpool , West Ham, tra la la la . We'll soon be back up there .

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 20, 2012, 05:24:57 pm by Filo »
WellRed ... then perfect way of developing them
.YEARS ago when I was a kid  playing at Rovers  the Juniors trained twice a week , Tuesday and Thursday at Bellevue and a game for  the Northern Intermediates or A team if they could find your address to 'call you up' for the Saturday game . I still have some of the invitations  that I will give the club to put in the Belle Vue bar if they are interested ... Seasons 1958- 1961. Jack Crayston Manager ' ex Arsenal and England centre half. Good OLD OLD days but which are my inseparable links with Rovers even after 40 years abroad. My team mates included Ray Veall , Rovers and Everton , Barry Swallow ( Ernie's lad ) whose Dad played for our all conquering 1946 team at right half . Barry went on to captain the first team at Rovers then York City where he eventually became a Director . His Dad became publican of the great pub in Edenthorpe ... can't remember the name but was and still is on the main road from Donny  to Thorne.?
 The first team in those days was ... Gregg , Makepeace, Graham, Teasedale, Patterson, Brown, Mooney, Tindill, Mc Morran , Jeffrey, Walker . I can still picture them now in the 25,000 packed Belle Vue taking on Liverpool , West Ham, tra la la la . We'll soon be back up there .

Ridgewood

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 20, 2012, 05:34:09 pm by graingrover »
Ridgewood it was Ridgewood it still is. I hope it's still a good watering hole .

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 20, 2012, 05:40:17 pm by ridgewoodrover »
it still  is pal plenty   of rovers fans  specially in  the   bar 

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 20, 2012, 05:46:47 pm by DC- »
As some have said; loanees need to fight for their places. There's no use going into a smaller club and being guaranteed a spot because when they return to their parent clubs, it doesn't work like that. If Wakefield takes a few weeks to break through then so be it, he'll hopefully have a better attitude to work because of it (not saying that he doesn't already though!).

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2012, 08:10:53 pm by The Beast »
it still  is pal plenty   of rovers fans  specially in  the   bar 

Europes finest watering hole!
Where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came!
(unless you're a Donny Sh!#e!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 21, 2012, 10:56:53 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Wakefield - made his debut tonight in a 3-1 win

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 21, 2012, 11:38:29 pm by RoversAlias »
Ball's got 2 in 2 now, scoring again tonight for Belper.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 22, 2012, 01:13:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Nice to hear Ball is doing well and Wakefield has had a start,i would think technically it will help them being in proper game situations,obviously it will also toughen them up,much better than sitting on the sidelines here watching games,i'm glad there is no stipulation that they have to play,as that wouldn't do them any good ,competition makes a player!!

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 22, 2012, 10:44:02 pm by roverstillidie91 »
McCormick - un-used substitute last night

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 22, 2012, 11:33:29 pm by jonnydog »
Coppinger, already had his tyres nicked.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012