Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:51:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturday's Highlights v Orient  (Read 3047 times)

eastender

• VSC Member
Saturday's Highlights v Orient
« on January 21, 2013, 12:57:32 pm by eastender »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
Re: Saturday's Highlights v Orient
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2013, 03:43:03 pm by Jimmydee »
Thanks for that link, I wanted to see that link play that got us the corner for Rob Jones's goal, Superb.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2013, 04:06:32 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
amazing football, loved the move where Brown narrowly missed out!

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2013, 04:51:03 pm by rover-n-out »
Thanks for the link eastender, you were right, better than the Beeb's coverage. :clapping:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2013, 05:44:17 pm by NickDRFC »
Hadn't seen either the game or the highlights, but seems to me that Bennett's got a bit of a raw deal after that game. I've read and heard a few comments from people that he offered little in the final third - he seemed heavily involved there and a few really good passes!

Unless those highlights are literally his best bits!

Pleasing to see some nice passing and movement again, hopefully this will become more of a regular thing under Flynn. Won't complain if we go back to winning ugly again, mind you.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2013, 06:04:24 pm by Superspy »
Awesome, we don't get called "Rampant Rovers" very often. And I know we didn't put those kind of passing moves together for the whole game but there were some moves in that match that were equally as good as the bits we did 4/5 years ago as the Arsenal of the North. More of the same please.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2013, 07:10:51 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Hadn't seen either the game or the highlights, but seems to me that Bennett's got a bit of a raw deal after that game. I've read and heard a few comments from people that he offered little in the final third - he seemed heavily involved there and a few really good passes!

Pleasing to see some nice passing and movement again, hopefully this will become more of a regular thing under Flynn. Won't complain if we go back to winning ugly again, mind you.

Cos he dosent run around like a headless chicken and dosent look look like the next Mr Universe ....

Strange breed our fans at times ......

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2013, 07:36:28 pm by RobTheRover »
I don't want to turn this into a Bennett bashing thread because I'm glad he's with us and am sure he has better days ahead of him,  but he needs to work harder when we lose the ball. I don't have too many complaints when we are moving forward.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2013, 07:38:06 pm by RedJ »

Cos he dosent run around like a headless chicken and dosent look look like the next Mr Universe ....

Well he may as well run round like a f**king headless chicken..

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2013, 09:22:11 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Well he may as well run round like a f***ing headless chicken..

His contribution was great on Sat.

Both with and off the ball,

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2013, 09:25:24 pm by BobG »
So Norfolk, who was the last player you thought didn't play well? How long ago was it?

Cheers

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2013, 09:33:53 pm by RedJ »

Well he may as well run round like a f***ing headless chicken..

His contribution was great on Sat.

Both with and off the ball,

Like I've said before he did one good thing that actually meant anything - the ball through to Brown who then missed a sitter. The biggest contribution of his off the ball was the fact that he wasn't on it. Bloody awful decision making the vast majority of the time, and it's f**king frustrating cos it's plain to see that he's got the talent and he's got the pace but he never uses either correctly.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2013, 09:36:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
So Norfolk, who was the last player you thought didn't play well? How long ago was it?

Cheers

BobG

Pick any of the CM until xmas they were dreadful.

Since then Keegan and Syers been o/s

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2013, 09:48:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Cheers

BobG

Pick any of the CM until xmas they were dreadful.

Since then Keegan and Syers been o/s

It took the Coventry game to show Harper and Keegan far too alike

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 22, 2013, 01:04:34 pm by 1879Rovers »
Nice to see Brian Flynn walk onto the pitch with Rob Jones at the start. ;-)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 22, 2013, 01:19:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Lol

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 22, 2013, 01:27:32 pm by hoolahoop »
I don't want to turn this into a Bennett bashing thread because I'm glad he's with us and am sure he has better days ahead of him,  but he needs to work harder when we lose the ball. I don't have too many complaints when we are moving forward.

Rob I agree with you generally about his workrate but no way can that be levelled at him against Orient. Personally thought he had a reasonable game all in all.

mattco

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 22, 2013, 01:50:19 pm by mattco »
Kyle Bennett definitely has pace and talent.  What he seems to lack is confidence and a lack of tenacity.  If he would just trust his talent to take him past a few defenders instead of always looking to lay the ball off.  However, I thought he had a decent game on Saturday and his distribution was more positive.  Maybe Brian Flynn can build up his self-belief.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012