Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:31:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any Sully news?  (Read 3049 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Any Sully news?
« on July 09, 2013, 09:43:05 pm by Red Rover »
Apart from a cryptic tweet from Cotterill has there been any other comments from anyone at the club with regards to Sully's future?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Any Sully news?
« Reply #1 on July 09, 2013, 11:08:07 pm by the vicar »
well he was not there tonight if thats to do with anything

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 09, 2013, 11:09:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Neither was Copps,  Cotts,  Harper, Forrester.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 09, 2013, 11:33:42 pm by RoversAlias »
Neither was Copps,  Cotts,  Harper, Forrester.

Possibly telling signs though as usually we wouldn't play a goalkeeper for 90 minutes in a friendly versus Rossington Main.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 10, 2013, 12:29:20 am by RobTheRover »
To be fair, we could have played without one at all for the first 45 minutes.  Maxted had nothing to do.  2 goal kicks, maybe?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 11, 2013, 07:10:18 am by Dagenham Rover »
Long serving goalkeeper Neil Sullivan has left Rovers, chairman John Ryan confirmed to the Star.

The 43-year-old was offered a new deal but is exploring a future elsewhere.

“Neil has been a fantastic servant for this club,” Ryan said. “He’s been involved in some wonderful moments over the years. We wish him all the best for his future.”

Thats at the bottom of this article

http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-duffy-deal-to-be-finalised-1-5841497

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 11, 2013, 07:27:58 am by GazLaz »
Him and M Woods going frees up fortunes. Would have been nice if the club would have announced this in a way fitting to one of our best servants.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 11, 2013, 07:47:36 am by NickDRFC »
Martin Woods, yes. Sully wasn't on as much as you would think, although it does free up a bit I suppose.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 11, 2013, 07:50:14 am by Rios »
Reading between the lines, he's too old to be playing at this level so would have been on the bench at best.  As Dickov has already brought in his own people, especially a GK coach that avenue looks to be closed to him as well.  I wouldn't have hung around if I was him either.

Sully's always someone I'll remember fondly.  Good leadership, decent keeper, his timewasting and interaction with the crowd, his part in that penalty miss at Brentford and clattering Emnes at Middlesbrough!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 11, 2013, 08:04:35 am by keith79 »
Not at the club anymore.jr said he wants to sulli wants to move on

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 11, 2013, 08:15:23 am by Filo »
It would be nice if the people that run DROS pulled their finger out and actually reported this news, remember if it's not on DROS then it's not true!

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 11, 2013, 08:18:14 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
He's been concentrating on filming for the new Monsters.Inc movie.....................  :ermm: :whistle:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 11, 2013, 08:20:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It would be nice if the people that run DROS pulled their finger out and actually reported this news, remember if it's not on DROS then it's not true!

They can only report what management tell them they can report at the end of the day.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 11, 2013, 08:46:44 am by mrfrostsdad »
The DROS site is exactly what it says. Dross. A complete waste of time.
The interaction between the club and the most important people the club has, ie the supporters, is pathetic.

If Sully has gone without official notification it would be nothing short of scandalous. As I posted yesterday, I don't think things would have panned out as they did had Sully not played at the end of the season. A great servant to the club - we may not have won at Wembley without him - whatever he does in the future, good luck to him

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 11, 2013, 08:47:34 am by mrfrostsdad »
Butler got a great send off as well didn't he

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 11, 2013, 09:06:39 am by The Red Baron »
Neil Sullivan is one of the finest goalkeepers I've had the privilege of watching during my 40-odd years as a Rovers fan. Although John pays a nice tribute to him, he deserves a much better send-off than this.

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 11, 2013, 09:32:00 am by Leebtyler »
Sullivan is gone, confirmed by JR in todays DFP.

really disrespectful that we hear on twitter and paper before the club, surely they could have issued a statement first, hes been with us so long, is he due a testimonial?

Keith Myath

« Reply #17 on July 11, 2013, 09:53:35 am by Keith Myath »
You think the club is finally coming to its senses, and then they shoot themselves in the foot time and time again.

How hard can it be to apply some humility in these cases? you here of text messages, letters etc being written saying thanks for your service why on earth cant these people have face to face discussions and the club report it when players leave like every other football club does.

I'll admit why would anyone offer a 43 year old keeper another year if they weren't lined up to be a goalkeeping coach??? then bring a GK coach who is younger and less experienced than the keeper that the guy he was training??? undermining Sully surely.

Were beginning to get a reputation of throwing people out at the drop of a hat, hope it doesnt start to bite the board back

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 11, 2013, 10:05:04 am by Filo »

They can only report what management tell them they can report at the end of the day.

Yes, but seeing as JR has told the papers, you'd think DROS would be in on the secret, this news is over a week old now and not a peep out of DROS, we are being kept in the dark for some unknown reason, there's something or some one that is stopping information filtering through to the fans, we're being treat like idiots!

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 11, 2013, 10:33:49 am by mrfrostsdad »
I don't always agree with you Filo, but I sure do with this one.
An absolute disgrace

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 11, 2013, 10:54:49 am by Donnybax »

how could management disagree on telling the fans a player has left the club?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 11, 2013, 02:28:17 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It's now on the unofficial site that he's gone, so why not the official site?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 11, 2013, 09:48:06 pm by Jimmydee »
Rios wrote:-Reading between the lines, he's too old to be playing at this level so would have been on the bench at best.  As Dickov has already brought in his own people, especially a GK coach that avenue looks to be closed to him as well.  I wouldn't have hung around if I was him either.

Sully's always someone I'll remember fondly.  Good leadership, decent keeper, his timewasting and interaction with the crowd, his part in that penalty miss at Brentford and clattering Emnes at Middlesbrough!

Sully should have been arrested by the nearest copper for GBH on Emnes at Middlesborough for that attack (tackle) however Boro had no cops in the ground because the stewards did their own policing to save money. Emnes hasn't been the same player since that day.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 11, 2013, 10:00:00 pm by graingrover »
Much as I hate negative criticism I am lost for words at the lack of a decent farewell to Sully. Let's hope that once his appointment at his new club is announced we may track him down , inteview him on Player and give him the chance to record his own memories of his time at Rovers for our video archives.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012