Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:13:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Forrester  (Read 3056 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Forrester
« on October 21, 2014, 10:14:08 pm by glosterred »
Lucky to stay on the pitch tonight? Is he is turning into something of a liability? Time to get rid?

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Re: Forrester
« Reply #1 on October 21, 2014, 10:17:00 pm by donnievic »
He didn't stop on the pitch or had you already left by then

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 21, 2014, 10:18:44 pm by glosterred »

I am referring to the booking - it could easily have been red and I wasn't there I listen to the game on Player. Asking the question should he have been sent off?

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 21, 2014, 10:20:44 pm by Filo »
Liability, he should be fined for his petulance!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 21, 2014, 10:27:31 pm by Donnybax »
Shit

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 21, 2014, 10:29:30 pm by rtid88 »
He was crap but he had no idea where he was supposed to be playing!! He had to keep asking Wellens, did Dickov not share any formations or tactics with his players before the match!!!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 21, 2014, 10:33:03 pm by Scooter »
He was lucky not to see red. The free kick he gave away just outside their box in the second half could have been a booking. I thought he kicked the defender

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 21, 2014, 10:55:37 pm by DRNaith »
He has become too much of a liability to be in the starting eleven.

Should a manager be able to sort things like this?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 21, 2014, 10:56:16 pm by Donnywolf »

I am referring to the booking - it could easily have been red and I wasn't there I listen to the game on Player. Asking the question should he have been sent off?

COYR

YES for sure

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 21, 2014, 10:59:55 pm by POD »
Talented player with a suspect temperament.

He was disappointed to be taken off after 50 minutes, as he was on Saturday, but he had been poor again, giving the ball away and not posing any threat to the opposition.

Having been sent off twice already this season, it was disappointing to see him retaliating by laying his hands on the opponent in the first half.  This gave the referee a decision to make and fortunately for Forrester it was only a yellow card.  Then in the second half, he showed his petulance again when a decision didn't go his way and he was rightly hauled off two minutes later.

If he doesn't learn fast, his career will soon be on a downward spiral.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 21, 2014, 11:02:23 pm by jonnydog »

COYR

Yes, a red or even two bookings in succession technically. Was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 21, 2014, 11:03:33 pm by Donnybax »
I've heard he's the "best player in the world" what a load of b*llocks. He's shit for us and an arrogant prick as well.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 21, 2014, 11:06:51 pm by Donnywolf »
Talented player with a suspect temperament.

He was disappointed to be taken off after 50 minutes, as he was on Saturday, but he had been poor again, giving the ball away and not posing any threat to the opposition.

Having been sent off twice already this season, it was disappointing to see him retaliating by laying his hands on the opponent in the first half.  This gave the referee a decision to make and fortunately for Forrester it was only a yellow card.  Then in the second half, he showed his petulance again when a decision didn't go his way and he was rightly hauled off two minutes later.

If he doesn't learn fast, his career will soon be on a downward spiral.

Dickov shouted Kyle to KB as soon as Forrester risked a second yellow on 47 mins

At the dug out he told Forrester we needed 11 men on the pitch if we had any chance of getting even a draw and so Forrester had to come off

IMO we actually needed 13 men on the pitch if we were going to get anything from the game

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 21, 2014, 11:15:02 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've heard he's the "best player in the world" what a load of b*llocks. He's shit for us and an arrogant prick as well.

He isn't shit, but he needs to calm down and be told he won't play otherwise. Was disappointing to see Copps, as captain, didn't say anything to him after his needless yellow.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 21, 2014, 11:17:09 pm by DRNaith »
He may be the most gifted that we have but that doesn't mean he's the best player we have.

There's more to a good player's remit than being skilful.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 21, 2014, 11:44:40 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It was obvious they were told to target him at  half time and with the ref carrying on how he was it actually was the correct decision to get him off, thats not to say he doesn't need a kick up the arse,
 was he like this at Brentford? perhaps he wants out

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 22, 2014, 08:35:01 am by Donnywolf »

He isn't shit, but he needs to calm down and be told he won't play otherwise. Was disappointing to see Copps, as captain, didn't say anything to him after his needless yellow.

It was - especially as the great one (Copps) had a similar streak. I seem to remember HE cam to us whilst under suspension

As late as the first game at KM v HTFC he was still "feisty" as anyone will see if they watch the Huddersfield first sending off ! So Copps has the experience to have a word with Forrester in the same was as SOD presumably got HIM through it

We need at the moment 12 men on the pitch rather than the risk of being down to 10 at any random point

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 22, 2014, 08:43:49 am by The Red Baron »
Much as I love Copps as a player he's simply not captain material. Club captain maybe, where he can be an ambassador for the club, but not team captain.

Who would I give it to? Probably Furman as he's one of the few who looks vaguely interested.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 22, 2014, 08:45:22 am by GazLaz »
Give it to whoever is the best at heads or tails. It's irrelevant.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 22, 2014, 09:09:08 am by Old Popsider »
Forrester can be a good player but now that any opposition team knows he can be short tempered and an easy wind up, he is bound to be targeted and wound up with obvious aim of 1 or 2 yellows and the inevitable red card. We can't perform with 11 players at the moment let alone 10.

He needs to be either shipped out before he becomes more of a liability than he already is, or, benched for a couple of games and made to realise that his job at DRFC is on the line and that he needs to learn how to cool his suspect temperament.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 22, 2014, 09:38:27 am by GazLaz »
People over reacting again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 22, 2014, 09:41:50 am by Bentley Bullet »
He's probably well p*ss*d off with the thought he could be playing Championship football with Brentford.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 22, 2014, 09:47:54 am by grayx »
He has become too much of a liability to be in the starting eleven.

Should a manager be able to sort things like this?

A decent one should.. But since when has Dickov showed he's a decent manager?
I think he is a decent player to be honest but probably frustrated as fcuk having to play for a team managed by a clown.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 22, 2014, 10:17:11 am by dickos1 »
At some point you can't blame Dickov for everything, the shocking mistakes, forresters temperament, the dwindling crowds,
This is the problem, others are accountable but people don't see that which is why we have managers that are put under pressure straight away. Sod, Saunders and Dickov were all criticised from day one in their jobs.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 22, 2014, 10:20:44 am by grayx »
At some point you can't blame Dickov for everything, the shocking mistakes, forresters temperament, the dwindling crowds,
This is the problem, others are accountable but people don't see that which is why we have managers that are put under pressure straight away. Sod, Saunders and Dickov were all criticised from day one in their jobs.

You don't seem to think Dickov is to blame for anything. Your loyalty to him amazes me. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 22, 2014, 12:08:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Forrester can be a good player but now that any opposition team knows he can be short tempered and an easy wind up, he is bound to be targeted and wound up with obvious aim of 1 or 2 yellows and the inevitable red card. We can't perform with 11 players at the moment let alone 10.

He needs to be either shipped out before he becomes more of a liability than he already is, or, benched for a couple of games and made to realise that his job at DRFC is on the line and that he needs to learn how to cool his suspect temperament.

Despite the comment from Gazlaz I agree. Players like Forrester and indeed Copps and others before him NEED to realise they need to show maturity and rise above "the bait". The opposition will then realise it is futile to try winding them up for a reaction

As for the Captaincy from an earlier post - I don't necessarily think it is irrelevant who does the job. History shows a great team usually has a great Captain / Leader. Which person on here would not fancy a fully fit Jones as Skipper for the rest of the Season ?

RobSlingDog

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 22, 2014, 12:55:24 pm by RobSlingDog »
Not a left midfielder simple as that am afaird! Needs to be in the number 10 role. Could be our best player by a mile but you need to play him in his best postion. Like what happned to My Rooney banging him out to the left just didnt work.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 22, 2014, 01:06:13 pm by wing commander »
   Football is about talent and brains..He obviously has the talent although we haven't seen that much of it so far but I question wether he has the brains he was born with..He's been sent of twice,is a marked man now,he's been told by our manager to calm down..i even told him myself...But still he reacts and does things like that...fool to himself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012