Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:15:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: chairmans comments  (Read 3043 times)

acko

• Forum Member
chairmans comments
« on November 16, 2014, 08:45:52 am by acko »
when is our chairman going to say something,hes not made a comment good,bad or ugly since he took the job,he is now our leader for christs sake as he gone dumb,does he actually exist.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: chairmans comments
« Reply #1 on November 16, 2014, 08:48:39 am by GazLaz »
What can he say that will help us score penalties or conceded a few less goals? You talk absolute b*llocks.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 16, 2014, 08:52:07 am by acko »
you keep on about dickov he doesnt take penaltys neither

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 16, 2014, 08:53:29 am by Al4475 »
How many chairmen of other clubs constantly bleat on the press about anything?

Very few!

I am sure when our Chairman feels he needs to say something he will!

I would like a bit of an update every now and again but I don't demand nor expect it - why should I?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 16, 2014, 08:55:05 am by Al4475 »
you keep on about dickov he doesnt take penaltys neither

Nope but he is employed to make the decisions over who takes them and make sure his players know who has that role!

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 16, 2014, 08:57:14 am by acko »
he should come out and offer some kind of support to his manager or get rid, dickovs isolated at the moment

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 16, 2014, 09:18:09 am by Al4475 »
I would imagine our Chairman and the Board have been deliberating that question for most of this season and has wanted to give PD time to get his side up and running since the pre-season shenanigans.

I would imagine they've given him time to let Butler, Stephens and Johnstone settle a bit and see if things improve with them here!

I would imagine they've been more than a little concerned about the results and how the season has panned out so far as the wrong end of this league is not where the board want us to be (as stated over and over at meet the owners events and the various supporters clubs AGM's that GB has attended.)

I would imagine that PD is on borrowed time.

I would also imagine that they as a board will make the correct decision before much longer!

But what I am sure of is that the decision (whichever way it goes will not have been taken lightly.) 

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 16, 2014, 09:30:27 am by Wellred »
Your support of the chairman and the rest of the board is commendable Al but a few words (even from the CEO) just to let us mere supporters know that they actually still exist or care might be nice now and again.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 16, 2014, 10:02:51 am by IDM »
I think Al is right.

We SHOULD do our talking on the pitch, no need for statements from the board etc.  However by that argument yesterday we talked b*llocks.

No amount of action by the board, bigger budgets etc can account for the stupid decision on who took or didn't take the penalty.

Sorry folks but you can berate the owners and the board as much as you like, but the responsibility for what happens on the pitch is the manager's and his coaches, and the players.

Yesterday was a good snapshot of our season.  Indifferent performance, occasional good stuff (the play leading to the penalty, Bennett hitting the post etc) but missing a golden opportunity to win the game and then chasing the game.

I expect the board are monitoring this behind the scenes.  Regular posters/readers will know that I am not on the "Dickov out" bandwagon however I would not be surprised at all to hear of his dismissal.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 16, 2014, 10:08:08 am by Wellred »
I think Al is right.

We SHOULD do our talking on the pitch, no need for statements from the board etc.  However by that argument yesterday we talked b*llocks.

No amount of action by the board, bigger budgets etc can account for the stupid decision on who took or didn't take the penalty.

Sorry folks but you can berate the owners and the board as much as you like, but the responsibility for what happens on the pitch is the manager's and his coaches, and the players.

Yesterday was a good snapshot of our season.  Indifferent performance, occasional good stuff (the play leading to the penalty, Bennett hitting the post etc) but missing a golden opportunity to win the game and then chasing the game.

I expect the board are monitoring this behind the scenes.  Regular posters/readers will know that I am not on the "Dickov out" bandwagon however I would not be surprised at all to hear of his dismissal.

and if the manager is not doing what he is employed to do or is doing it poorly and continues to do it poorly then who is that down to?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 16, 2014, 01:33:55 pm by BobG »
Quite often the bank manager! Probably not in this case - but it's not always in the hands of the owners.

BobG

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 16, 2014, 02:22:18 pm by roversdude »
You seem to have some sort of fixation on our chairman does he owe you money or kicked your dog

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 16, 2014, 03:08:45 pm by IDM »
I think Al is right.

and if the manager is not doing what he is employed to do or is doing it poorly and continues to do it poorly then who is that down to?

I would expect the board to act.  Folks have different opinions as to when that action should be.  As I said, I assume they are monitoring performance against their own expectations.  And I repeat, I would not be surprised if PD was to be sacked.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 16, 2014, 05:42:52 pm by Al4475 »
For what it's worth personally I think that the board should've probably ousted PD following relegation especially in lieue of the healthy position we found ourselves in after the leeds game! However it is also commendable that they have allowed him funds and time to sort stuff out after the summer! I do think now however paul's time is probably up! Let's see what happens!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 16, 2014, 05:48:38 pm by Wellred »
For what it's worth personally I think that the board should've probably ousted PD following relegation especially in lieue of the healthy position we found ourselves in after the leeds game! However it is also commendable that they have allowed him funds and time to sort stuff out after the summer! I do think now however paul's time is probably up! Let's see what happens!

I am not in a position to know what funds the board have allowed him, what I do know however is you can only live in hope that he will turn things around for so long.
I haven't called for his head previously but I think my patience has run out and now is the time to try someone else...................but please nobody already at the club.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 16, 2014, 05:52:39 pm by acko »
i think paul will go,but i also think if a new manager and certain names have been suggested is given the same budgett as paul i think they will see it as a no win situation,maybe jones would be an cheap option but is he ready to take on a team in free fall

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 16, 2014, 05:53:18 pm by Al4475 »
Agreed wellred! I was on the fence for a while but in my opinion he has been backed and has consistently pulled up short! I reckon I've been firmly in the thanks and goodbye camp now for athe last coupla months!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 16, 2014, 06:24:34 pm by IDM »
i think paul will go,but i also think if a new manager and certain names have been suggested is given the same budgett as paul i think they will see it as a no win situation,maybe jones would be an cheap option but is he ready to take on a team in free fall

I think a lot of the anti-Dickov argument stems from his inability to produce the performances and results we should have achieved, given the "competitive" budget we are told he has been allocated. 

Perhaps A N Other manager would do better with the same squad/budget?

Whilst I don't advocate knee-jerk reactions I can definitely comprehend the anger and frustration that some fans have expressed.  I'm not calling for his sacking - but should it happen, so be it.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 16, 2014, 06:42:37 pm by acko »
given the fact the loan  transfer deadline is coming would it be that the owners are going to give dickov the time to get two more players in sooner than lose the manager and not have enough time to give another chance to use it.after all dickovs loanees are the mainstay of the team now

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 16, 2014, 06:47:06 pm by i_ateallthepies »
None of us know what budget he's been given but I for one think that, organised correctly, the quality in our squad is more than enough to be competitive in this division.

What we can all see is that there are some very clear gaps in the way the team is performing.  Gaps which the manager is there to remedy but which are appearing time and again.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 16, 2014, 07:21:53 pm by bpoolrover »
If he had a competitive budget at the start of the season were paying to much in wages

TinyPortal © 2005-2012