Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:04:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Willie Mckay  (Read 3072 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Willie Mckay
« on September 01, 2017, 07:22:46 am by GazLaz »
Took Sakho from West Ham to France for a medical without the clubs permission, he then missed training to go to Chelmsford races to watch one of McKays horses win. No move materialised and he's ended up getting a new contract!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
Re: Willie Mckay
« Reply #1 on September 01, 2017, 07:59:51 am by Bezza »
The wonderful world of football !!!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 01, 2017, 08:05:07 am by NickDRFC »
Wrong McKay, his agent is Mark, Willie's son. Wonder how he got his break as a football agent? 😂

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 01, 2017, 08:07:20 am by GazLaz »
Wrong McKay, his agent is Mark, Willie's son. Wonder how he got his break as a football agent? 😂

I know who's name the company and all the horses and assets are in. I know who pulls the strings as well.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 01, 2017, 08:12:51 am by not on facebook »
When that MCKay chap was involved with the rovers bcak in the championship days he would spen a lot of time in the crown hotel bawtry drinking ,might have even lodge there.

My mate from cantley runs a kids football team from out bawtry way and he was having a drink with McKay in crown hotel.

Upturn of said drink McKay handed over about £350 cash to matey so he could get a new team strip for his kids team.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 01, 2017, 09:18:02 am by wing commander »
   They were discussing this last night on talksport...Simon Jordan ex Crystal Palace owner said.."Dont get me started on Willie Mckay,nothing surprises me about him" Not a fan then....
   He bought us all a pint before the Brentford match so he's ok with me...lol

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 01, 2017, 09:56:33 am by NickDRFC »
When that MCKay chap was involved with the rovers bcak in the championship days he would spen a lot of time in the crown hotel bawtry drinking ,might have even lodge there.

My mate from cantley runs a kids football team from out bawtry way and he was having a drink with McKay in crown hotel.

Upturn of said drink McKay handed over about £350 cash to matey so he could get a new team strip for his kids team.

I used to work on the bar at Zinis in Bawtry in summer breaks from university, he (and his son) were regulars in there. Didn't know much about him then (this was pre-experiment) other than he was an agent and liked his horses. Wouldn't say he's the most pleasant man but he was always a generous tipper.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 01, 2017, 10:02:37 am by GazLaz »
I was in Ziniz on Friday night. Never again.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 01, 2017, 10:23:34 am by Jonathan »
Think he likes his donuts too. Regularly seem with a dusting of icing sugar under his nose.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 01, 2017, 11:24:05 am by graingrover »
When Willy was banned for doing business ( with Premiership) his son probably took over the reins . The son speaks French and no doubt this has facilitated many deals involving player transferred between the two countries .I have lost track of his agency now but in the son's early days of dealing with Dad's old contacts photos of 'friendly' managers (like Harry Rednapp) were displayed on his website , presumably as a shop front to impress potential clients . The free transfer of Poyet from Olympique Marseille to West Ham was the son's deal but I don't think the return deal was arranged by the same agency . The family has a base in Monaco which will be another 'facilitator ' from which to handle deals 
    In addition to his two brothers that he moved from us to Leeds , he used to be Mitchell Lund's agent .
 I imagine  DF's ethics also determine which agents he deals with .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 01, 2017, 11:30:21 am by GazLaz »
Payet didn't go on a free, was about £10m but McKay obviously has good contacts in France. He's in an industry where people are out to make money and he's managed to do it. Fair play to him I say.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 01, 2017, 11:34:50 am by dickos1 »
Hasn't he signed for palace?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 01, 2017, 11:45:54 am by DearneValleyRover »
Hasn't he signed for palace?

No, different player, defender from Liverpool.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 01, 2017, 02:09:36 pm by Al4475 »
I heard a rumour (don't know how accurate it is) that he was being investigated in the newcastle/west ham dealings unearthed last season - like I said I don't know how accurate it was

TinyPortal © 2005-2012