Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:55:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Molyneux  (Read 3076 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Molyneux
« on August 16, 2022, 10:36:59 pm by Prez »
Looked very good when he came on. Could be a big player for us. Dropped his shoulder a few times, and wasn’t afraid to shoot.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Molyneux
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2022, 10:39:39 pm by Jonathan »
I thought he looked like he could still do with playing his way back to fitness a bit, which is understandable. Lots more to come from him and great to see him get some minutes. Taylor and Close returning would be a big boost to the squad, too.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2022, 10:45:13 pm by StocksArmy »
I like him. Not scared to get the ball onto his right either.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2022, 10:49:16 pm by rich1471 »
He beat his man and put a cross into the box ,not seen a winger for rovers do that in a while 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2022, 11:00:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Pleased that he can go either way. Was concerned he might be a one trick pony always trying to cut inside and shoot, but he showed he can take them on on the outside too and stood up a couple of good crosses.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2022, 11:05:19 pm by Donnyjim »
Thought he had very good game. Some great balls in and running at defenders is another plus. Good signing.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 16, 2022, 11:05:59 pm by robchester »
Reminded me a lot of Sir Francis.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2022, 06:32:25 am by Arsenal Of The North »
He looked rusty. But in his 35 minute cameo he looked like there is a hell of a player in him. With match fitness/sharpness coming back he will be a big player when he has tomlin/Rowe/ miller/agard  around him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2022, 01:50:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Agreed with all this. Going to be a selection headache before long. Does he start ahead of Hurst?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2022, 04:26:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I thought Tavonga was unlucky not to get on last night. I thought he might replace Hurst and try and drive at their defence to open things up however, it was good to see Molyneux in the flesh for the first time and he didn't disappoint with his desire to go either outside or inside.

I think Hurst needs a few more games yet to really show what he can do. He just needs that desire and a bit more ruthlessness when openings present themselves. 

The good news is there's stiff competition for places now. We have a bit of everything which means GM can shuffle the pack depending on the opposition and how games evolve through the 90 minutes.

We have potential game changers and match winners coming on from the bench, so we should be finishing games the stronger. We haven’t had this luxury for a very long time.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 18, 2022, 03:32:55 pm by Upton Rover »
He certainly looked good, can’t wait to see him play a full 90mins early indications look like he will prove to be a very good player at this level, we need to look after him.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2022, 09:00:37 pm by Branton Red »
It was a promising cameo.

I liked his positivity. Clearly not scared to take defenders on and looks to go both ways.

Both nippy and skilful - think he'll pose opposition defences plenty of problems on that showing.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2022, 09:57:39 pm by danumdon »
Will be very good to see him when back to full fettle. Having someone like him in the side will drive improvement out of Hurst which will benefit him and the team greatly. Also allows us to attack both flanks which is always difficult to defend.

Could be a very interesting period of play coming up.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 20, 2022, 08:12:41 pm by redwine »
Yes, could be similar to Penney's Red Arrows

:scarf:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 20, 2022, 09:07:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »
From what I've seen I'd play him and Hurst. Drop back Rowe to CM with Clayton. Biggins not shown enough for me so far.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 20, 2022, 09:15:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Good competition for places now. He Hurst has got his place for now with todays game. Think at L2 Rowe would be good at centre midfield so think i might go along with the above.

Maybe Biggins does a lot more off the ball which we won't notice with the benefit of rewatching and analysing. So can understand if he keeps his place. We've enough talent in there already that a steady player might bring out the best in others without getting much credit.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 20, 2022, 09:38:27 pm by drfchound »
It would be harsh to criticise any of our players after the start we have had to the season.
Every one of them has made a good contribution.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012