Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:01:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Walsall  (Read 3759 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Walsall
« on March 31, 2018, 06:23:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Walsall 0 Portsmouth 1; another good result for Rovers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Walsall
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2018, 06:43:57 pm by bobbymax »
They are dropping like a stone!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2018, 06:53:50 pm by RedJ »
Reminiscent of us a couple of years ago. Wonder how the two sides stack up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2018, 07:51:56 pm by The Red Baron »
Imagine if we hadn't gifted them six points with our two worst performances of the season? They would be in huge strife.

In many ways I hope they survive because they are local for me, but at the same time they are a real bogey side for us.

Looks like Bury and Northampton are gone but the other two places are up for grabs. I have a feeling Oldham will finally go down and Rochdale will stay up.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2018, 10:01:29 pm by roversdude »
Great day today
Walsall getting beaten and falling into relegation places

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2018, 10:47:18 pm by firestarter »

Great day today
Walsall getting beaten and falling into relegation places

They’re not in the relegation places

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2018, 10:55:32 pm by roversdude »
Apologies should have read dingles falling into relegation places

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 01, 2018, 12:04:18 am by eastender »
Walsall the worse team I've seen this season , but managed to put 7 past us. :facepalm: :headbang: :suicide:

Just how many Points have we gifted utter $#iTe teams this season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 01, 2018, 08:41:59 am by IDM »
In the 0-3 at home, Walsall on the whole played worse than us, apart from the 3 occasions where we gifted them the goals!  That they took their chances and we didn’t, was the only reason we lost that day..

Ok we were relatively poor too, but on performance that wasn’t a 0-3 game..

However, that’s all in the past and we are in a better place than them now, and in better form going into the last 8 games..

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2018, 10:54:47 am by Bezza »
i hope Walsall stay up, so we can get revenge next season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 01, 2018, 03:43:54 pm by roversdude »
I’ve a feeling Rochdale will survive they have got some belief in themselves

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 01, 2018, 03:58:31 pm by drfchound »
Imagine if we hadn't gifted them six points with our two worst performances of the season? They would be in huge strife.

In many ways I hope they survive because they are local for me, but at the same time they are a real bogey side for us.

Looks like Bury and Northampton are gone but the other two places are up for grabs. I have a feeling Oldham will finally go down and Rochdale will stay up.

Think you could be correct on a lot of that, apart from the Rochdale staying up bit, but I can understand why you'll think that after their win on Friday.

One poster on here denounced Rochdale as relegated a few weeks ago but to their credit they are giving it a good go at survival.
It isn’t just Fridays result that has put them in with a decent chance of staying up.
They are in good form and have games in hand on everyone involved in the relegation scrap except for Oldham.
I think that they have a good chance of staying up.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 01, 2018, 04:19:13 pm by The Red Baron »

Think you could be correct on a lot of that, apart from the Rochdale staying up bit, but I can understand why you'll think that after their win on Friday.

It wasn't just based on Friday. They have had some good results of late and their FA Cup efforts suggest they are a better side than their current placing would have it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 03, 2018, 09:14:34 pm by drfchound »
Rochdale winning 2-0.
As it stands they are only a point away from safety with games in hand on almost everyone above them.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 03, 2018, 09:58:55 pm by Dare to dream! »
Big result for Rochdale, Wimbledon now in a very precarious position also

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 03, 2018, 10:03:56 pm by CantleyRed »
Wouldn't it be great if Wimbledon relegated  MK on the last game of the season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 03, 2018, 10:06:54 pm by roversdude »
I’m convinced Rochdale will escape and getting more convinced each game
Not looking good for Dingles
Looks like we will have a fair few local derbies next season - dingles, Scunny and Rotherscum

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 03, 2018, 10:12:04 pm by drfchound »
Yes and Burton isn’t too far away either and don’t forget Bradford.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 03, 2018, 10:12:35 pm by roversdude »
Well tonight’s result means we can’t finish bottom lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 03, 2018, 10:13:14 pm by roversdude »
Forgot Bradford, sorry Hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 03, 2018, 10:14:50 pm by drfchound »
No aopology needed mate.
We could get a busy away end on a few occasions next season, especially with Sunderland coming too.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 03, 2018, 10:33:57 pm by the vicar »
63 points will now absolutely guarantee survival - this is based on the lowest team always beating the highest team, excluding those who can't reach that amount already (Northampton and Bury).

Obviously that's never going to happen in a million years but it shows that to be mathematically safe there's still plenty to be done.

Three points against Wimbledon on Monday, plus a couple of draws in the other remaining games, should guarantee survival with interest, and that's not even considering the favourable goal difference.

63 points WOW in that case we are down now god above straight down after 1 season lol🤡

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 04, 2018, 09:24:45 am by Dutch Uncle »
63 points will now absolutely guarantee survival - this is based on the lowest team always beating the highest team, excluding those who can't reach that amount already (Northampton and Bury).

Obviously that's never going to happen in a million years but it shows that to be mathematically safe there's still plenty to be done.

Three points against Wimbledon on Monday, plus a couple of draws in the other remaining games, should guarantee survival with interest, and that's not even considering the favourable goal difference.

63 points WOW in that case we are down now god above straight down after 1 season lol🤡

But he is not wrong. Mathematically (assuming we don’t wreck our goal difference) we need a points differential of 14 points which can come from a combination of points won by ourselves and points lost by others. For example if we win this weekend, and others lose we could be up to 6 points better off already.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 04, 2018, 10:34:38 pm by RedJ »
Must be shit being an Oldham fan, knowing your club is doomed to spend eternity in the third tier.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012