Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Got your ticket allocation for Euro 2012?  (Read 1755 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Got your ticket allocation for Euro 2012?
« on March 19, 2012, 05:23:39 pm by silent majority »
All those Rovers fans, and there are quite a few, who are going out to Poland/Ukraine this summer, have you got the ticket allocation you wanted? I've got Cat 3's all the way to the final. Anybody else?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
Re: Got your ticket allocation for Euro 2012?
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2012, 05:35:37 pm by Rovers Return »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=227562
All those Rovers fans, and there are quite a few, who are going out to Poland/Ukraine this summer, have you got the ticket allocation you wanted? I've got Cat 3's all the way to the final. Anybody else?

Yes all of us

weststander

• VSC Member
Re: Got your ticket allocation for Euro 2102?
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2012, 05:37:45 pm by weststander »
Must be stuck in a time warp. Can't see me still being here in 100 years from now :chair:

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2012, 05:38:47 pm by SkellowRover »
Doubt i'll be around in 2102 :chair:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2012, 05:49:16 pm by jonnydog »
We'll still be shite then. In saying that their won't be a Europe in 2102, it'll be the Chinese World Nations cup by then.

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2012, 07:20:19 pm by Al Riggall »
Yep Cat 3's, that's all I applied for. Still not booked any transport and digs though!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2012, 08:58:34 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Al Riggall\" post=227589
Yep Cat 3's, that's all I applied for. Still not booked any transport and digs though!

We haven't either. This one is proving a little difficult!

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 19, 2012, 10:12:32 pm by swain_drfc »
Slightly off topic guys but was wondering for some advice on following England.

Im thinking of going to Brazil in 2014 and wnated to get some ideas of the right way to go about it.

Do England do a package with flights tickets and accommodation included or would you suggest doing it all separately?

Any information would be appreciated

This is obviously all dependant on whether we qualify or not :whistle:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2012, 10:15:04 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=227562

Yep, tickets allocated to us both as well.

Slight problem in that I can't remember which credit cards I'd used for the tickets though, which wasn't helped by booking 3 flights, 2* Norway May friendly tickets and having a car service done over the last 72 hours. :facepalm:

Any news from the Travel Club on what our % take up of tickets was?
If we've sold well under our allocation, then the likes of Italy and France will be lucky to shift 1000 tickets between them.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2012, 11:06:05 pm by PDS »
didn't really fancy the industrial hinterland of Donetsk so only going out for one game - the Sweden match in Kiev. Sorted flights hotel and match ticket through the resale platform rather than applying through EF (got cat 3's when they showed up for sale). All sorted for £375 each - not bad when compared to the official Thomson package at £1350 for 2 nights....

SM - flights were with Austrian Air via Vienna. We didn't book until we knew what venues we'd be playing at so it wasn't an early booking gamble. Reasonable price at just over £200, the only drawback being we fly from Heathrow.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 19, 2012, 11:10:12 pm by PDS »
Swain_drfc - See my other post? They do do official packages, but it's easy to sort yourself if you can be bothered. Notice the price difference? Are you a rich man who can afford that sort of premium on convenience?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 20, 2012, 09:26:22 am by silent majority »
Thanks PDS,

Still looking at flights and other options although we had an expectation of doing it similar to how we did South Africa, this time its proving excessively difficult.

For anybody looking at doing Brazil in 2014 (I miss typed that one too but now edited!) then you can always do it as an independent. Most members of the Englandfans club travel independently anyway, but match tickets is always the key. To ensure that you get what you want then you need to sign up when the next scheme opens in the summer, go here;

http://englandfans.thefa.com/ef/pages/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fef%2fpages%2fhome.aspx

Mark,

My understanding is that all countries take up is very poor. We are at about 25% but Germany, Italy, Holland, France are in the same boat. In terms of numbers this doesn't look good.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2012, 09:39:13 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=227572
We'll still be shite then. In saying that their won't be a Europe in 2102, it'll be the Chinese World Nations cup by then.

You'll still get the press saying \"could this finally be England's year?\" And of course we'll have Baddiel and Skinner's great-grandsons singing about how \"136 years of hurt, never stopped us dreaming!\"

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 20, 2012, 11:25:58 am by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=227679
Quote from: \"jonnydog\" post=227572

You'll still get the press saying \"could this finally be England's year?\" And of course we'll have Baddiel and Skinner's great-grandsons singing about how \"136 years of hurt, never stopped us dreaming!\"

Ironically RB, this could be our year, as there'll be bugger all England fans there to see it!!

We'll be back to the 5-4 Dover, 7-5 Reading, Sex Pistols at FTH etc etc \"I was there\" when England win the Euros in front of a Final attendance of 6,500 :laugh:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2012, 07:40:53 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=227678
Thanks PDS,

Still looking at flights and other options although we had an expectation of doing it similar to how we did South Africa, this time its proving excessively difficult.

For anybody looking at doing Brazil in 2014 (I miss typed that one too but now edited!) then you can always do it as an independent. Most members of the Englandfans club travel independently anyway, but match tickets is always the key. To ensure that you get what you want then you need to sign up when the next scheme opens in the summer, go here;

http://englandfans.thefa.com/ef/pages/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fef%2fpages%2fhome.aspx

Mark,

My understanding is that all countries take up is very poor. We are at about 25% but Germany, Italy, Holland, France are in the same boat. In terms of numbers this doesn't look good.

Have you had money taken off your credit card yet, for the tickets?
My tickets are still showing as total paid €0.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2012, 08:17:06 pm by silent majority »
No not yet. Didn't they say it would be 'sometime this month'?

Did you see the comment by Platini today? Said that 4 or 5 of the games hadn't sold out yet!! 2 of those are England games, surprise, surprise! How many time have we heard that pre-tournament? All sold out my arse!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 22, 2012, 09:18:26 pm by Muttley »
My man in Kiev says you can buy tickets for just about any game you fancy (inc England's group games) from the official outlets at the moment - no sell outs

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 22, 2012, 10:14:32 pm by swain_drfc »
Thanks lads. So the general understanding I get now is that I need to be a member of the England supporters group for tickets but booking accommodation and flights I can do much cheaper if I book separately.

Here's hoping we qualify for Brazil :thumbsup:

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 22, 2012, 10:54:32 pm by PDS »
Spot on, but there's a big but.

Tickets through Englandfans are allocated on a loyalty basis - you are awarded \"caps\" for every home and away game you attend. when demand is high, the majority of tickets go to those with the most caps, the remainder going to a ballot.

With the ukraine being an unnatractive destination (as will brazil based on cost if nothing else) tickets have been easy to come by through uefa. Being in the club whilst giving the best opportunity to get access to tickets, is not essential. Despite having enough caps to get any tickets i needed through EF, i sorted mine direct with uefa to ensure i didn't get screwed on the more expensive category of ticket.

To get to the euros in france in 4 years though will be a different story - popular destination, easy to get to at a reasonable cost and geared up for tourists, you would not only need to be a member of the club but would also need to have racked up a fair number of loyalty caps by attending some of those less attractive games and firendlies over the preceeding 4 years.

Hope that makes sense!

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 22, 2012, 11:15:54 pm by swain_drfc »
I see, so being a member isn't a must to gain tickets for Brazil you think?

I think its best I join anyway, I do try and attend a few England games anyway so I may as well join up, and then when it comes to tickets for Brazil I will see how popular it is going to be.

Thanks for the info anyway :aok:  Much appreciated :)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 23, 2012, 08:17:44 am by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=228696
No not yet. Didn't they say it would be 'sometime this month'?

Did you see the comment by Platini today? Said that 4 or 5 of the games hadn't sold out yet!! 2 of those are England games, surprise, surprise! How many time have we heard that pre-tournament? All sold out my arse!

I've heard that the games in Poland have sold very well, but the sales for games in the Ukraine (which is where England are playing) have been disappointing.

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2012, 07:45:09 pm by Al Riggall »
Booked up for the first 2 group games, the 3rd one will probably be the sport ops day trip.

Out
From Doncaster to Katowice 8th June £55
From Katowice to Kiev 9th June £41

Return
From Kiev to Vilnius 16th June £125
From Vilnius to Doncaster 16th June £42

Sleeper train return Kiev to Donetsk 9th coming back 12th £60

Noel Gallagher's High Flying birds in Kiev 13th June.

Just need to sort 1 nights digs in Katowice, 1 night in Donetsk and 3 nights in Kiev now

Don't think thats too bad considering out from and back to Donny.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2012, 02:49:47 pm by silent majority »
That doesn't look bad at all Al, I need to have a closer look at that.

Not staying for the 3rd group game though?

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 27, 2012, 06:43:27 pm by Al Riggall »
I think i'm guna day trip it depending on how we are doing in the group, couldn't bothered with the sleeper train again. Also thought these were pretty good considering going from Donny. To get a cheap flight back to Donny after 3rd game you are looking at the Thursday or Friday then the quarters are on the weekend which i'm planning on going back for if we qualify.

3 of the flights are with Wizz Air - I'm in there exclusive club, it's £25 to join then you save about £9 per flight so you make you money back just on these 3 flights, then theres Poland in October.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012