Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:09:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: An interesting piece on Rovers's season of turmoil  (Read 2988 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
An interesting piece on Rovers's season of turmoil
« on March 24, 2012, 12:06:32 pm by Red Rover »
Relegation Week: Will the big Doncaster Rovers U-turn pay off?

\"The crux of the matter is that he has a three year contract that Rovers are unlikely to be able to pay off, so we have to stick with him and find a way to disconnect him with the baggage he arrived in.\"

Very true

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: An interesting piece on Rovers's season of turmoil
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2012, 12:21:41 pm by Filo »
A couple of points that are a bit economical with the truth!

On Saturday a supporter threw their season ticket at the dugout,

No he did n`t, as he explained on this forum, he threw it in a fit of temper at the PA who he`d had a heated argument with!

on Tuesday he stormed off down the tunnel after being substituted

again rather economical, he was subbed, shook hands with Saunders and then hi fived everyone on the bench before walking down the tunnel, I would n`t call that storming off!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2012, 12:50:22 pm by CusworthRovers »
I'm with Viva on this or he's with me, as a lot of what I've written on here is in there.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the 'storming off down the tunnel'. He certainly shook everyone's hand and then went down the tunnel.

I thought that dumbroofer threw his ST towards the dugout/tunnel, although it was because of the PA and not at Deano. Technically, Viva may be right here, but the way it's written leaves it open to think something more sinister.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2012, 12:53:40 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"CusworthRovers\" post=229014
I'm with Viva on this or he's with me, as a lot of what I've written on here is in there.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the 'storming off down the tunnel'. He certainly shook everyone's hand and then went down the tunnel.

I thought that dumbroofer threw his ST towards the dugout/tunnel, although it was because of the PA and not at Deano. Technically, Viva may be right here, but the way it's written leaves it open to think something more sinister.

Knowing Glenn`s feelings on the subject, I dare say that was the intention

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2012, 12:58:55 pm by CusworthRovers »
Touche, or is that Touchy.

I don't think he's being sinister (not that I know him of course), but the clueless ones amongst us may use that as an opportunity for a bit of skullduggery

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2012, 11:26:42 pm by VivaRovers »
No 'sinister' subplots, or deliberate economy of the truth. I wasn't at Tuesday's game due to work, and hadn't read up on it on the forum, so was obviously fed some duff information on what I'd missed.

Good to see other folk know my thoughts better than me though. In which case, can any of you tell me where I left the charger for my electric razor. I can't find it for the life of me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2012, 11:45:47 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=229549
No 'sinister' subplots, or deliberate economy of the truth. I wasn't at Tuesday's game due to work, and hadn't read up on it on the forum, so was obviously fed some duff information on what I'd missed.

Good to see other folk know my thoughts better than me though. In which case, can any of you tell me where I left the charger for my electric razor. I can't find it for the life of me.

Your thoughts have been well documented in the articles you have written, I assumed them to be what you believe, sorry if I`ve mis understood you. On the info you got for Tuesday`s game, perhaps you could have cross checked the info with a few more people before going public, it does appear to have slant towards your previously published views, I`m sure you`ll correct it though, now you know the facts ;) :P

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2012, 12:54:41 am by VivaRovers »
So basically, you're saying you don't know where my charger is.

The thing is though Filo, a lot of folk read one article and then presumed my opinion and thoughts on a whole range of other topics, or alternatively tried to read things into what I've written that simply aren't there. And so you get responses like yours further up this thread; \"knowing him, he probably means this\". The articles I've written document what I think about the subjects of the articles, nowt more than that.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Intentional or not Viva I have to agree with Filo that the articles you have written are very much open to the interpretation that Filo came to, there hasn't appeared to have been too much positivity in much that you have written, though I haven't of course read everything that you have written.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2012, 08:10:25 am by Filo »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=229555
So basically, you're saying you don't know where my charger is.

The thing is though Filo, a lot of folk read one article and then presumed my opinion and thoughts on a whole range of other topics, or alternatively tried to read things into what I've written that simply aren't there. And so you get responses like yours further up this thread; \"knowing him, he probably means this\". The articles I've written document what I think about the subjects of the articles, nowt more than that.

A slight distortion of the truth there Viva again, I did n`t say \"knowing you\" I said knowing your feelings,of which you`ve well documented, something that you confirm in your final sentence, you must concentrate on documenting the truth, rather than a variation of the truth!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2012, 01:37:52 pm by VivaRovers »
It was a general observation Filo, \"responses like yours\". Who's to say whether I'm writing the truth or not? As Gartom and other members of the VSC board have delighted in telling us on here, we don't know all the facts, or the half of it. When I've written articles on Rovers, they've always been done so on the basis of the facts presented to me. I'm not a documentay maker... just someone who happens to write about their support of a football club.

The other issue is that articles, posts, thoughts are no longer taken at face value, people like to presume dependending on something else someone has written. That poster is always 'positive', this one is always 'negative'. It seems middle ground is no longer allowed, which is why a lot of people have stopped posting on the forum.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2012, 01:47:21 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
Pigeon holing is fun. :whistle:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2012, 03:07:13 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=229627
It was a general observation Filo, \"responses like yours\". Who's to say whether I'm writing the truth or not? As Gartom and other members of the VSC board have delighted in telling us on here, we don't know all the facts, or the half of it. When I've written articles on Rovers, they've always been done so on the basis of the facts presented to me. I'm not a documentay maker... just someone who happens to write about their support of a football club.

The other issue is that articles, posts, thoughts are no longer taken at face value, people like to presume dependending on something else someone has written. That poster is always 'positive', this one is always 'negative'. It seems middle ground is no longer allowed, which is why a lot of people have stopped posting on the forum.

That`s the point of my original post, if the piece written by you about Diuof storming off down the tunnel was taken at face value then anyone reading that who was n`t there and did n`t witness the substitution, much like yourself, would assume there was a bust up, when in actual fact there was n`t, you reported a substitution correctly but miss reported the events afterwards.

P.S. I am not, nor have I ever been a Director of the VSC or held any position within the VSC, the only connection I have is being a moderator on here

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2012, 03:40:21 pm by VivaRovers »
I know you're not on the VSC board, I hadn't suggested you were. Hence \"telling us\".

My point is that if all articles were read at face value, in regards to that Diouf substitution you could say, 'ah he's got that wrong'. Which I have. Rather than, 'He's got that wrong, knowing him he meant to do so to infer something else'.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2012, 04:06:04 pm by Filo »
It`s all about your previous writing style`s as to how your more up to date articles are interpreted, I don`t think it`s unfair of me to comment on how you misreported an event, and then making an assumption based on your well documented dislike for the current regime/strategy, you can`t deny that reporting it in the way you have and then putting it in the public domain give`s fuel to the people that did n`t see the events, to form an opinion that there was a bust up, when there clearly was n`t. a little bit of creative writing there, the tabloids would be proud of it. By the way, I may not agree with all of what you write, but I did enjoy reading it, and thought it was a shame that you felt the need to pack it in, it`s times like the present that tends to divide fans, you don`t see such divisions when we are doing well, whichever side of the fence we sit on, we all need to pull together and support the team, by all means everyone can have an opinion and there is n`t a problem with that, as long as it`s put across in non abusive manner, much like this thread.

I have no idea where you charger is, but being of Welsh origin I`m sure you have a mate that could borrow you some fleecing shears until it turns up ysmalio :P :laugh:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2012, 04:50:45 pm by VivaRovers »
Your extra paragraph kind of undermines the point you've made in the last line of your previous one Filo. You can add as many emoticons as you like to it, I don't find it funny.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2012, 05:26:09 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"VivaRovers\" post=229674
Your extra paragraph kind of undermines the point you've made in the last line of your previous one Filo. You can add as many emoticons as you like to it, I don't find it funny.

On reflection you`re right about assuming things from things you have written, here`s me thinking you had a sense of humour with your earlier references to your electric razor charger, purely going on some of your articles mind, it appears I was wrong about that as well. (no emoticon, so as not to offend)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2012, 06:24:56 pm by VivaRovers »
I have got a sense of humour Filo... it just doesn't extend to lazy hackneyed Welsh/sheep gags

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2012, 06:47:36 pm by Filo »
Sorry if I`ve offended you, I did n`t mean to

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2012, 07:12:35 pm by hoolahoop »
Glen, for what it's worth , I enjoyed your editorial (complete with small inconsistencies) as I have all of your editorials in the past.
I may not always agree with you (generally I do) but nevertheless you are a supporter of our club and you have a right to express your opinions as we all do on matters concerning the club.
The fact that you do it coherently, rather than resorting to one-liners full of abuse makes me want to..............have your babies irrespective of how hirsute you are. :thumbsup:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2012, 08:00:18 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"hoolahoop\" post=229691
Glen, for what it's worth , I enjoyed your editorial (complete with small inconsistencies) as I have all of your editorials in the past.
I may not always agree with you (generally I do) but nevertheless you are a supporter of our club and you have a right to express your opinions as we all do on matters concerning the club.
The fact that you do it coherently, rather than resorting to one-liners full of abuse makes me want to..............have your babies irrespective of how hirsute you are. :thumbsup:

Aahhh, group hug.....

I would like to echo the comments of my estemed colleague above, although I dont wish to have your babies, but it does sometimes pay to remember the wise words of Nietzsche; There are no facts, only interpretations...

Enjoyed the last edition of RtR btw, first copy I have bought it for years and still good.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2012, 10:10:44 pm by BobG »
Point is though chaps, exactly what is there to be optimistic about right now? Time will tell. It always does. I've seen, and thought for myself, of various interpretations of what's happened and happening - and they're bad. What really bothers me though is that I have yet to see a single logical, rational and intelligent position that concludes things can be seen as positive.

And that, my friends, really ought to be telling all of us something rather important - no matter how Rob likes to suggest that its just the way I happen to think and believe.

Personally, I suspect we're in the age of denial tbh.

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 27, 2012, 12:01:29 am by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"wilts rover\" post=229697
Enjoyed the last edition of RtR btw, first copy I have bought it for years and still good.

Bloody hell, is Glen claiming to have written Raise The Roof too?  Where does he find the time....

Personally, I thought PopStand was a good read last week, and I particularly liked the comment about how the mood had swung from one of impending doom to one of hope in the space of a handful of games, sharply observed and quite correct.  Sadly, missing now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012