Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:30:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BILLY SHARP SHARP SHARP!  (Read 3557 times)

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
BILLY SHARP SHARP SHARP!
« on March 24, 2012, 05:08:24 pm by MR A-Z »
Let's celebrate for a footballer who just wants to play football, and also someone who we were lucky enough to see score for us on numerous occasions. It was our own board who accepted the bid and then to get us back on side came in with a last minute offer. SO LET'S GIVE OUR SUPPORT TO A FOOTBALLER WHO ACTUALLY LOVES THE BEAUTUFUL GAME.

More than I could say for our lot, coppinger excluded.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: BILLY SHARP SHARP SHARP!
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2012, 05:14:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Lets give our support to OUR team - jeez, some people.

Anyway, I thought his contract meant the board had to accept an offer at that point. That they then offered more to him to encourage him to stay is a positive.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2012, 05:23:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
The contract was put together by our board which contained the get out clause, they new about it. Also JR said it was 3million yet it was not. We tried to get him to sign another contract to get more money for the club, Billy saw through it and signed for another club. So let's not pick on Billy because with out him we would have been relegated already. It showed last season and the first seven games what we were without him. But miraculously he was fit for Dean. Well done Billy, not today of course but he is not responsible for putting the nail in our coffin.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2012, 05:23:09 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"Bristol Red Rover\" post=229125

Anyway, I thought his contract meant the board had to accept an offer at that point. That they then offered more to him to encourage him to stay is a positive.

Exactly what I was going to post, but I decided to let some one else post it first, seeing as the Admin/VSC bashers are out in force today! :thumbsup:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2012, 05:25:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229136

Exactly what I was going to post, but I decided to let some one else post it first, seeing as the Admin/VSC bashers are out in force today! :thumbsup:

Towing the party line JR must be proud.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2012, 05:27:50 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"MR A-Z\" post=229119
Let's celebrate for a footballer who just wants to play football, and also someone who we were lucky enough to see score for us on numerous occasions. It was our own board who accepted the bid and then to get us back on side came in with a last minute offer. SO LET'S GIVE OUR SUPPORT TO A FOOTBALLER WHO ACTUALLY LOVES THE BEAUTUFUL GAME.
You idiot your supposed to support drfc not a traitor Who's left us then sent us down!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2012, 05:29:27 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=229138
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229136

Aye Aye, another basher, just to clarify I am not a VSC board member, I have no party line to tow, I post my own opinions as I`ve stated elsewhere, do you have a problem with that?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2012, 05:29:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think the value of the release clause reduced as the contract wound down, so last summer it was in place at £3million but by the time we got round to January it was £1.8 million. I suspect (although don't know) it would have dropped further in the coming summer (£1million?) so there was an obvious financial logic in selling him in January before a bad contractual situation got worse.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2012, 05:32:01 pm by Akinfenwa »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=229138

Most overused phrase on here this season.

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2012, 05:53:34 pm by MR A-Z »
This was not meant to be a celebration for our loss more of a celebration about a footballer who loves the game and loves to play, which is more we can say about our lot. But tbh is there anyone on here who would begrudge him them two goals. I doubt it. And had anyone got proof of these clauses if so it would be nice to see them posted.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2012, 06:01:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"Chris_Black_come_back\" post=229143
I think the value of the release clause reduced as the contract wound down, so last summer it was in place at £3million but by the time we got round to January it was £1.8 million. I suspect (although don't know) it would have dropped further in the coming summer (£1million?) so there was an obvious financial logic in selling him in January before a bad contractual situation got worse.

That's strange it was said £3 million just before the January transfer window so may be they forgot it reduced?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2012, 06:08:30 pm by Red wizard »
Or maybe it changed on Jan 1st. Either way it long gone now.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2012, 06:10:22 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Its clauses like this that are the sweeteners that get players - its that or more cash. Maybe getting a new contract sorted for him in the summer would have been the best move though I doubt he'd have signed anything without a release clause in the near future, so would it have been worth it for us? I'm sure his career strategy was to get some games behind him in the championship and try and move onwards and upwards from there.

Its time for suggestions or questions, not toxic moans. And we're far from buried yet ffs.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2012, 06:22:43 pm by dickos1 »

Coppinger excluded?? He has been truly awful in our last 3 games

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2012, 06:25:49 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=229199

Coppinger excluded?? He has been truly awful in our last 3 games

I couldn't agree more, wtf has happened to him ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2012, 06:26:23 pm by mushRTID »
He's been awful 90% of the season.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 24, 2012, 08:26:22 pm by Al4475 »
He's been inconsistent at best throughout his career with us! Some days mesmerising, some days invisible! Hence why he's stuck with us so long!
Great player on his day, his days have been unfortunately further apart as his time with us has extended! Love him tho!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 24, 2012, 09:04:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Quote from: \"Al4475\" post=229311
He's been inconsistent at best throughout his career with us! Some days mesmerising, some days invisible! Hence why he's stuck with us so long!
Great player on his day, his days have been unfortunately further apart as his time with us has extended! Love him tho!

That's just about bang on Al. Copps is the  epitome of the fair weather player. He can be brilliant when it's warm enough for the 'gloves to be off', quite literally!

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 24, 2012, 09:17:32 pm by MR A-Z »
Yes inconsistent, but somedays miraculous, would we be here without him? And lets be honest, would anyone disagree it's 30,000 well spent? Or would people agree with the 2,000 per week for Diatta and Plessis?

Anyhow I am pleased for the lad and it was written on the wall he would score against us, heard he high fived a Donny fan through his car window the other day also, surely he wouldn't disagree that without us he wouldn't have gotten his move.

P.S. We're not a selling club....:blush:

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 24, 2012, 09:22:01 pm by drfc1951 »
Quote from: \"MR A-Z\" post=229324
Yes inconsistent, but somedays miraculous, would we be here without him? And lets be honest, would anyone disagree it's 30,000 well spent? Or would people agree with the 2,000 per week for Diatta and Plessis?

Anyhow I am pleased for the lad and it was written on the wall he would score against us, heard he high fived a Donny fan through his car window the other day also, surely he wouldn't disagree that without us he wouldn't have gotten his move.

P.S. We're not a selling club....:blush:

What do you expect to be given our crowds?

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2012, 11:34:57 am by scuzzer »
What got me when seeing Sharp on the highlights was how slim he looked compared to when he was here. I wonder if they've had him shedding a few pounds getting fitter down on the south coast before they'd put him in the side on a regular basis?

Or maybe it's just the effect that hoops have on the fuller figure?

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2012, 11:54:26 am by keyser_soze »
yeah, stripes are always more flattering than hoops!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2012, 01:21:48 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"scuzzer\" post=229608
What got me when seeing Sharp on the highlights was how slim he looked compared to when he was here. I wonder if they've had him shedding a few pounds getting fitter down on the south coast before they'd put him in the side on a regular basis?

Or maybe it's just the effect that hoops have on the fuller figure?

He seems to confirm what you`re saying

\"I maybe wasn't the fittest when I came

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17512100

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2012, 02:10:28 pm by RedJ »
to be fair though he also asked for the tightest shirt in the squad I seem to remember, which will have made him look fatter

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2012, 11:29:36 pm by RobTheRover »
And he had the sleeves taken in even more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012