Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:05:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Ryan  (Read 4708 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
John Ryan
« on March 24, 2012, 05:41:23 pm by Dare to dream! »
Brought us up and sent us down

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: John Ryan
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2012, 05:46:30 pm by ditch_drfc »
Shut up

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2012, 05:47:24 pm by Red wizard »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=229156
How has he sent us down? My god some people. We want to hope he still want to keep funding us other wise we are we and truly up the creek. Do you think he is happy? i can tell you now he won't be. All he has done is tried somthing different wich in truth is not that different to most clubs.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2012, 05:50:35 pm by Dare to dream! »
He didnt have to do the Mckay experiment did he? its the truth like it or not

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2012, 05:51:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
No Ryan, no Rovers.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2012, 05:53:17 pm by mushRTID »
We better hope he doesn't read this shite. Do people not remember only a few months back when he thought about quitting due to critisism?

We're gonna end up without a club if he walks!

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2012, 05:53:21 pm by firestarter »

MUPPET.....

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2012, 05:53:43 pm by donnyroversfc »

What a stupid, pathetic fcuking post that is!!!

I've been pretty critical of some of the club and John Ryan's decisions and comments these past few months but NEVER have i wrote a pathetic a comment about him as the one you have just written! Show some fcuking respect ffs!!

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2012, 05:56:38 pm by RTID75 »
OP - Pathetic.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2012, 05:57:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Get a grip and think where we've come from. we have the cheapest assembled squad at this level and in reality it showed today. Right now I'd ditch the likes of piquionne and get our own young ones involved now, focus on the future. I'd also replace Saunders I think, just isn't working.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2012, 05:57:46 pm by coventryrover »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=229164

Idiot.   He is a fan...he is trying his best on his own.  Proud he is our chairman.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2012, 05:58:01 pm by Dare to dream! »
Not critising what JR has done in the past he is still a hero but unfortunatley his actions )sacking sod and the experiment) have cost us and we will be in league 1 next year

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2012, 06:01:21 pm by SkellowRover »

Show some class and some respect for the man that SAVED MY CLUB, you pathetic scrub!!!! f**k off and go back to supporting leeds.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2012, 06:01:26 pm by Mr1Croft »

Should we go down that would not be entirely false but I think this sums it up better of John Ryan:

Had shares in the club with Richardson,
Fans abused Ryan to give up his shares as they beleived Richardson when he said Ryan was holding Rovers back.
Banned from the club.
With Ian McMahon he saved Doncaster Rovers.
He made four promises to the fans (league football, new stadium, cup final and 2nd tier football)
The club won promotion via the first Conference Play Off.
The Club won promotion to League one/Division Two via the Division Three Championship
The Club moved to the new stadium.
He sacked Dave Penney and brought in SOD.
We won the JPT.
We won promotion to the Championship via play-offs.
Invested even more of his own money into the football club he loved.
Directors pulled out investing funds, he had to act in the best interest of his club.
Brought in Dean Saunders and Willie McKay to implement a new cost-effective business model.
(If we go down) Doncaster Rovers are relegated from the Championship after 4 seasons.

Dont get me wrong relegation would ensure tears in my eyes, but I didn't think we would last this long after Decemeber 2008 when we lost 1-0 to Wolves...

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2012, 06:05:53 pm by streatham dave »
Absolute drivel Dare to Dream. With SOD we would have been down months ago. If you have money enough to buy the club then fine otherwise show a bit more respect for John Ryan.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2012, 06:07:48 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Just face facts

even if we had kept SOD we would still have faced a daunting season

We havent got big enough crowds to sustain championship footy

and JR is a legend but there has to be a point where a line can't be crossed and he cant finance rovers single handedly in this division because of the gulf in class

if we spend beyond our means we would go bust... is that what everyone wants ??? to spend beyond our means and become another luton pompey rotherham to name a few

just seems some fans seem a bit big headed and think we should be higher up than we are and seem to forget we have one of the lowest budgets in the championshi and only a few years ago we were mid table in league one. If we go down its better than playing in the conference in a much better position than 15 years ago

Stantheredandwhiteman

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 24, 2012, 06:08:23 pm by Stantheredandwhiteman »
Quote from: \"Dare to dream!\" post=229175
Not critising what JR has done in the past he is still a hero but unfortunatley his actions )sacking sod and the experiment) have cost us and we will be in league 1 next year

Sacking SOD and bringing in McKay hasnt't sent us down, we would have gone down anyway if we kept SOD, Ryan tried his best to do something about it, if it doesn't work and we go down we try our best to go back up! How anyone can blame John Ryan is bizzare.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 24, 2012, 06:13:01 pm by Akinfenwa »

We were going down this season anyway. It's always been inevitable since we got promoted, it was only a matter of time until a lack of Championship level foundations caught up with us. It's no disgrace for a club like Rovers getting relegated from the Championship, especially after 4 seasons.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 24, 2012, 06:17:14 pm by wilts rover »

Good, and if it gets rid of pathetic,'I only come when we're winning' so called fans like you who have no respect for what has happened under his tenure, then I am glad.

pubteam

« Reply #19 on March 24, 2012, 06:33:02 pm by pubteam »
Anybody who thinks that the McKay experiment is the reason we're going down is seriously deluding themselves IMO.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 24, 2012, 06:41:08 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=229209
Anybody who thinks that the McKay experiment is the reason we're going down is seriously deluding themselves IMO.

It's not the full reason we're going down, no. It hasn't helped though and HAS been a failure. Nobody can argue that it hasn't.

pubteam

« Reply #21 on March 24, 2012, 06:43:45 pm by pubteam »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=229217

It's not the full reason we're going down, no. It hasn't helped though and HAS been a failure. Nobody can argue that it hasn't.

I didn't say it had been a success. I'm saying that we were in dire trouble before anybody on here had even heard of Willie McKay.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 24, 2012, 06:49:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"pubteam\" post=229218
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=229217

I didn't say it had been a success. I'm saying that we were in dire trouble before anybody on here had even heard of Willie McKay.

I'd heard of McKay a long time ago, mostly bad ofcourse.

We'd have gone down under SO'D im not ever gunna dispute that but i'd be a hell of alot more confident of coming straight back up if we had SO'D though... We got rid and instead of replacing him with a better strategy and manager we instead employed a football agent to run things and his mate to manage us.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 24, 2012, 06:53:10 pm by Dare to dream! »
It was bad call for JR to bring in Saunders i dont think we would of stayed up if we were still under SOD but i think we would of stood a better chance if we sacked SOD and got someone wit more experience

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 24, 2012, 06:55:05 pm by hoolahoop »
Dare to Dream you are bang out of order, I'm fuming about the position we have found ourselves in...........you have made me angrier still.
Look I don't know all the reasons behind the strategy, the appointment of DS, the sacking of So'D or the problems with Directors , crowd levels, director resignations but I DO know that JR makes mistakes and cares deeply about his and our club. GET OFF HIS BACK!!
If he has made mistakes , they would have been with the best interests of OUR club at all times. To err is human.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 24, 2012, 06:55:49 pm by Dimples-D »

What a load of B*ll*cks !:facepalm:

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 24, 2012, 07:03:50 pm by duggiesmyhero »
God some people on this site amaze me, where were they when John Ryan saved our club from going to the wall the year we went down. Yes the mckay experiment as failed, and I for one didnt like the idea from the start, but to blame JR for trying to keep us up and saying he's sent us down is idiotic. My message to you is quite simple, why dont you all f**k off to watch the Owls or the merry Millers. What part of no John Ryan no club dont you understand. The man is a Rovers thru and thru. So if your not happy about it then you know where to go

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 24, 2012, 07:11:48 pm by timdrfc »

Idiot

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 24, 2012, 07:12:07 pm by Thinwhiteduke »

I dont like the McKay situation one bit but your post is simply idiotic.

Totally and utterly out of order.....How about engaging brain before posting in future? Or at the very least reading back to yourself before you hit the 'submit' button?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 24, 2012, 07:21:37 pm by Norfolk N Chance »

Nothing do to with Mckay etc we are not good enough you utter ****

TinyPortal © 2005-2012