Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:29:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders straight down tunnel  (Read 4564 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders straight down tunnel
« Reply #30 on March 26, 2012, 02:37:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
It's fair enough saying its the kids that are shouting for the manager, it's the kids that are being negative, it's the kids that haven't lived through relegation. But it's also the kids that keep coming through our gates as our attendances fall, it's the kids that represent a huge % of our fan base and it's the kids that are the future of our Football Club.

My question is why is everyone scared of the 'brainless kids' making comments that they are well within their right to do so? What kind of messages is this sending out? Why are we more focused on keeping an official at the club happy when we as fans are not being kept happy? Have we reached a point where people now beleive we must oppress the opinions of others because we are scared of the consequences that could follow?

Personally (like many others) I don't think getting rid of Saunders would do us any good with so little time left. But I don't think I would be comfortable with him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 26, 2012, 02:47:21 pm by Mr1Croft »
It's fair enough saying its the kids that are shouting for the manager, it's the kids that are being negative, it's the kids that haven't lived through relegation. BUT it's also the kids that keep coming through our gates as our attendances fall, it's the kids that represent a huge % of our fan base and it's the kids that are the future of our Football Club.

My question is why is everyone scared of the 'brainless kids' making comments that they are well within their right to do so? What kind of message is this sending out? Why are we more focused on keeping someone (be it player or manager) at the club happy when we as fans are not being kept happy? Have we reached a point where people now beleive we must oppress the opinions of others because we are scared of the consequences that could follow?

Personally (like many others) I don't think getting rid of Saunders would do us any good with so little time left. I finally begin to warm to the idea of Saunders being manager and we stop performing. I'm not in any camp at the minute so I perhaps disagree with some of the chants at matches and comments on this forum, but I as an individual believe that all fans, kids or not should have a right to speak their mind. We are all consumers of a business and not part of some religious order bound by rules on what we can and can't say.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 26, 2012, 02:55:10 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
i honestly some on here wont be happy till all the \"kids\" go and support leeds so they can die the last ever donny fan.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 26, 2012, 03:05:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think you've taken my comments a bit out of context.  As I've said I'm only 24 myself hardly old.

But I will stand buy my 'brainless kids' comments because that is exactly what they were.  I've no issue with people stating their opinion, but to be chanting for the manager to give them a wave one minute then ten minutes later after conceeding they want him sacked, followed by chants for O'Driscoll who's record was equally as shocking near the end is madness.  Am I missing something?  God I'd love to have tonnes of kids in I like that fact for sure.

I'm certainly not scared of the fact these kids were shouting this on Saturday (and they were kids), but they have to accept people won't agree with them.  I asked one lad why he'd shouted these exact things and the best he could reply was 'Dunno' and 'well everyone else was and Saunders is shit'.  Reasoned debate from the youth of Doncaster eh?  If you're going to blatantly shout abuse at someone at least have a good reason for doing it.  I can understand frustration, I've been really annoyed by certain players in the team of late but some of the stuff rolled out on Saturday was pathetic at best.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 26, 2012, 03:11:37 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
i dont think it was ur comment i was replying to just the general feel about drfc. i agree booing drfc might be a bit harsh and needless more so because we lost against top of the leauge. it is just the feeling i and others get from some fans i wasent really replying to yours or anyone elses post

TinyPortal © 2005-2012