Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:01:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The fact that nearly everyone has just given up...  (Read 2176 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
The fact that nearly everyone has just given up...
« on March 26, 2012, 02:13:32 pm by GazLaz »
... Is a disgrace. Ye you have got to be realistic and say we are probably down but anything can happen in this game. The majority of our supporters are an embarrassment. Get behind the team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: The fact that nearly everyone has just given up...
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2012, 02:27:47 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
worst fans in land mate !

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2012, 02:29:57 pm by Mr1Croft »
I think when we have reached the time where we all want the fans to unite as one, calling each other a disgrace and the worst in the land isn't the best thing to do.

:chair:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2012, 02:33:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Im 100% behind the team....I still think we'll be relegated though having seen nothing on the pitch recently to convince me otherwise.

Plus you know what? Except for the financial implications I think it can be nothing but good news for the Club long term.

If that makes me one of the worse fans in the lands as per Norfolk...then so be it.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2012, 02:49:20 pm by GazLaz »
Thank god the players have more spirit than the fans or we would have been down at Christmas.

inSODwetrust

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2012, 02:57:57 pm by inSODwetrust »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=229644

Didn't Wigan take 110 fans to Anfield on Saturday?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2012, 02:58:13 pm by ditch_drfc »
I'm completely behind the team. You can't say i'm not just because i'm choosing to accept that we are probably going down. I'd rather choose to accept it and enjoy championship football, and if we stay up, enjoy that as a bonus, than pretend we're staying up. Also judging by our last performances i'm pretty sure we're equal on spirit levels!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2012, 03:02:20 pm by DRNaith »
I'm far from happy with the position we are in but a recovery is still doable, relegation is avoidable.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2012, 03:08:54 pm by RedJ »

Maybe so, but if we are it's because of statements like this :headbang: :facepalm:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2012, 03:11:17 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=229657

Maybe so, but if we are it's because of statements like this :headbang: :facepalm:

Truth hurts my friend!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #10 on March 26, 2012, 03:12:55 pm by GM-MarkB »
Yeah i'm a disgrace for putting my mortgage, food, bills and fuel to get myself to work etc before a luxury, for that's what football is these days.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2012, 03:17:15 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=229661
Yeah i'm a disgrace for putting my mortgage, food, bills and fuel to get myself to work etc before a luxury, for that's what football is these days.....

Remortgage, cut out the junk food, use energy saving light bulbs and walk to work, season ticket sorted! ;) :thumbsup: :laugh:

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2012, 03:20:45 pm by Akinfenwa »
Given up on what?

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2012, 04:09:19 pm by timdrfc »
Quote from: \"Filo\" post=229662
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=229661

Remortgage, cut out the junk food, use energy saving light bulbs and walk to work, season ticket sorted! ;) :thumbsup:
:laugh:

Like it & probably true as well :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2012, 04:25:09 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=229659
Quote from: \"RedJ\" post=229657

Truth hurts my friend!

Calling people who spend hundreds of pounds - I'd wager a few spend over £1000 (in fact Benaldo for one does) - on the club following them up and down the country the worst support in the land is obviously the way forward to winning more support, eh mate?

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #15 on March 26, 2012, 04:34:28 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
I take it since the real fans who slag  the majority off must be excluding them selves we must have the best fans in the country judging by the monotonious regularity it happens. If you get my drift.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2012, 05:12:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
The title of your  post is not just about the fans. The club, manager and players are also performing like they have given up. The centre half partnership is the worst in the league and has been for a long time. The midfield is and has been misfiring for a long time. Now Billy as moved on we lack the fire power, which showed last season as well  as this season. So the directors gave up some time ago, they tried an experiment which is failing. We have brought in players to improve the first team and squad, yet results are still the same. The manager believes the players he has brought in are better, but proof is not in the results. We still cannot score and our record in defending is one of the worst in the football league. So please do not blame the supporters for giving up the club did that over the last twelve months ago.
Let's not forget we were told in the summer we would bring in six players and then be fighting in the top half of the table. Yet those six players did not appear, we could not afford it. So again I say the club gave up twelve months a go and that's why we look likely to go down and that's why we could not encourage additional fans to support the club.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2012, 05:48:12 pm by The Red Baron »
In a nutshell, this thread is what p*sses me off about this forum these days.

Someone expresses an opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to do. However, they then add that anyone who does not share that opinion is a disgrace or is in some way less of a supporter than they are. What makes it worse is that I'm 99% sure that they would not express such an opinion in a public place to someone whom they didn't know.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2012, 06:15:08 pm by GazLaz »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=229680

Someone expresses an opinion, which they are perfectly entitled to do. However, they then add that anyone who does not share that opinion is a disgrace or is in some way less of a supporter than they are. What makes it worse is that I'm 99% sure that they would not express such an opinion in a public place to someone whom they didn't know.

Mr Barron, anyone on here that knows me will tell you that I would gladly share my opinions in a public place regardless of if people wanted to hear or not. I'm not a keyboard warrior my friend. If someone tells me my club, the club that I love, is shit and getting relegated I don't want to sit there and accept it, I want to get behind them and stick up for them not just accept fate. A packed Keepmoat singing and shouting would help the situation. Other teams supporters like Leeds, Wednesday, Blades etc just laugh at us and it kills me. It's embarrassing. I want to feel the passion when I'm at a football match and you just don't feel that at our place. I want teams to think they've just had an away day at Galatasary! We are in it together and that includes the fans, backing the team has got to help more than laying back and dying.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2012, 06:49:29 pm by The Red Baron »
You are quite entitled to express your opinion that our fans are (on the whole) not vocal enough and by and large I would agree with you. However, to then state \"the majority of our supporters are an embarrassment\" certainly puts my back up. Although I found Norfolk's assertion (without any statement to back up his point of view) even more irritating.

Not everybody wants to go to a football match and shout their heads off. I think it is a shame that the Keepmoat has never developed an area for those who want to make a racket, display banners and generally create a more \"intimidating\" atmosphere. I'll be glad if one day such an \"Ultra\" area ever comes about, but when it does I won't be movig my seat to there. However, I don't see why that makes me less of a supporter than those who want to be loud as well as proud.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2012, 06:55:55 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The Middle Ground. Anyone seen it lately? :woohoo:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2012, 07:39:08 pm by GazLaz »
I'm just saying vocal support helps the team. People sitting and watching in silence doesn't.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2012, 08:06:54 pm by Donnybax »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=229693
I'm just saying vocal support helps the team. People sitting and watching in silence doesn't.

Yes it does, we need those people to help our gates. However i do think our atmosphere is awful and would love it to be better. But you have to understand that people pay good money for their places and therefore can do what they like when there, if thats sitting in silence then thats up to them

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2012, 10:34:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Quote from: \"GazLaz\" post=229693

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed about 100 times this season already? :huh:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2012, 10:43:16 pm by GazLaz »
It has.

Pinter777

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 27, 2012, 08:53:58 am by Pinter777 »
i get the impression your a crypto leeds fan or some other team. No sane fan would say what you said. your just here to cause a rift.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 27, 2012, 09:30:32 am by GazLaz »
Quote from: \"Pinter777\" post=229807
i get the impression your a crypto leeds fan or some other team. No sane fan would say what you said. your just here to cause a rift.

Shit I've been rumbled.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2012, 10:10:36 am by Jim Dobbin »
Quote from: \"inSODwetrust\" post=229652

Didn't Wigan take 110 fans to Anfield on Saturday?

How much was it to get in? I think if Rovers were in the Premier League after the first season and the new ground/Premier League bandwagon supporters had dispersed the support would be terrible. I dont think l'd be going to the away games when its £35 upwards to watch a game before travel and beer. I'm sure Wigan would bring a load to the Keepmoat if it was a Cat B game.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 27, 2012, 11:38:49 am by Spud »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=229680

Well said that man, the very reason i hardly ever read this forum lately. If you don't believe wer're gonna stay up you're not a proper fan, utter b*llocks.
I'll be still here next season with my family regardless what league we're in. I'll watch each game and form my own opinion of players/manager/club policies. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 27, 2012, 11:39:28 am by Colin C No.3 »
It's not being relegated that worries me as much as the type of football we will be 'served up' to watch week in, week out. Those halcyon days of watching Wellens, Stock, Copps & Woodie, leaving Denis Wise seething on the touchline at Elland Road as they made pass after pass around his 'Lilywhites' & then coming home with 3 points seems like a lifetime ago.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012