Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:31:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Terry Bramall  (Read 2915 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Terry Bramall
« on April 28, 2024, 08:24:01 am by Jonathan »
Great to see Terry Bramall at the game yesterday and celebrating over with the fans at the end. He was in his Rovers scarf and looked like he was buzzing and so proud, as he should be. We all know it’s been a difficult few years, none more so than for Terry who’s seen his investment bear little return over that time up until this recent turnaround. He’s made tough decisions, taken a more hands on role and backed the manager in January and we’re all seeing the rewards from that. The returns won’t be financial for him, but you could see from the look on his face at the end that this success means everything to him. We should go into the play offs feeling positive. We’re a good team and the club feels very together again. Terry probably doesn’t get enough thanks, but I think there are more of us that are grateful to him than he knows.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dazator

• Forum Member
Re: Terry Bramall
« Reply #1 on April 28, 2024, 08:26:08 am by Dazator »
Great post. Good to hear he was there and enjoying it

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 28, 2024, 08:29:41 am by graingrover »
The fact that a fan can come on here and post a specific thread to praise the Chairman  -owner speaks volumes for the change that has been brought about at this club .
Few could articulate that as well as Jonathan .

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 28, 2024, 08:54:36 am by StocksArmy »
Will the club recieve some money for reaching the playoffs?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 28, 2024, 09:01:41 am by GazLaz »
Just look at our record since Blunt left his position as chairman…

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 28, 2024, 09:17:37 am by andysly »
Bumped into him at Thurrock services. Seemed a decent bloke, very much downplayed his role in our upturn.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 28, 2024, 09:23:08 am by Prez »
Yes, he had a smile as wide as the Thames estuary at the end of the game, with Gavin. Fans started singing terry terry give us a wave!(which he did)  Looked absolutely thrilled. Great moment.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 28, 2024, 09:24:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Great to see Terry Bramall at the game yesterday and celebrating over with the fans at the end. He was in his Rovers scarf and looked like he was buzzing and so proud, as he should be. We all know it’s been a difficult few years, none more so than for Terry who’s seen his investment bear little return over that time up until this recent turnaround. He’s made tough decisions, taken a more hands on role and backed the manager in January and we’re all seeing the rewards from that. The returns won’t be financial for him, but you could see from the look on his face at the end that this success means everything to him. We should go into the play offs feeling positive. We’re a good team and the club feels very together again. Terry probably doesn’t get enough thanks, but I think there are more of us that are grateful to him than he knows.

That's really great to hear Jonathen. Like I said on another thread, just revisiting what he said at the Meet the Owners, Hindsight tells us he meant it. Both he and Grant are winners, plus he hated the fact the Weavers at Harrogate were above us. He said he was excited by the challenge of taking the Chairman's role and being more hands on.

To be fair, this is a result of the plans put in place about a year ago, when GB was courting GM, and TB knew he had make changes with the funding and Blunt. It just takes time for things to come together.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 28, 2024, 09:25:25 am by drfcsteve »
Will the club recieve some money for reaching the playoffs?

Extra ticket sales, not sure if there is prize money or not.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 28, 2024, 09:38:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Even the ticket sales are split aren't they? It's not a massive money spinner I don't think.

We passed him on the M11, very nice car.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 28, 2024, 09:52:50 am by roversdude »
Tv money
Great post Jonathan

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2024, 10:14:24 am by wilts rover »
Did he join in the chant of 'There's only one Terry Bramall' in the second half?

Wonder if the guy who started it knew he was there?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2024, 11:05:14 am by Campsall rover »
Great post Jonathan. I actually saw and heard 2 of our fans yesterday sing “ There is only 1 Terry Bramall “
About time too imo
Well done to JR also for just giving TB a nudge to get the Club back on a positive upward trajectory.
We were heading into…….well heavens know where until TB took over the mantle of not just being the major owner of the club but a hands on Chairman.
I think we have got our Club back now, no I don’t think, I know we have. The future is looking very bright right now. The whole club is buzzing.

What we do need is a positive transition when TB decides he needs a real retirement or the worse happens which obviously will at some time in the future.
It’s the succession that worries me. We must have another owner with the same enthusiasm and ambition as JR and the same financial pragmatism as TB.
Who is out there who will come forward in the next 3/5/10 years with the same love for this football club and City?
There has to be good number of very wealthy football loving DRFC supporters.

Onwards and upwards. We can only live in the present and hopefully the future will take the right road.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 28, 2024, 12:18:25 pm by Donnyjim »
Massive thanks to Terry. He has had some stick from the fans. He has stuck with it and put loads of cash in. Got us Grant as well. Thank you Terry.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 28, 2024, 01:03:52 pm by Mike_F »
I made my way over to the corner to give Terry some applause and a fist pump at the end of the game. He was already grinning from ear to ear but his smile got even wider as he waved back. It was brilliant to see him clearly loving what's happening at the club.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 28, 2024, 01:34:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
In his years remaining as Chairman he has short and long term goals.

Short term, to get us back into top half League One which is probably where our resources and set up put us.

Long term, to nail the model for the club that can outlast his tenure. We tried and failed, and have gone back to what is a successful model, that of building side around a manager. We’ve seen though what happens when successful managers leave us. We need a structure and system that can outlast a manager.

Btw is Copps getting any credit for the good signings? He clearly took plenty of stick for all those that didn’t work last few seasons.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 02:33:32 pm by Chris Black come back »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 28, 2024, 02:25:32 pm by GazLaz »
Promotion will probably cost him money in bonuses!

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 28, 2024, 02:32:59 pm by CJK »
It's no coincidence that all this has come about since TB kicked David Blunt out is it? I'm so pleased we finally got to the root of the problem and acted decisively. Well done TB, I hope we can take it all the way for you.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 28, 2024, 02:39:06 pm by Campsall rover »
In his years remaining as Chairman he has short and long term goals.

Short term, to get us back into top half League One which is probably where our resources and set up put us.

Long term, to nail the model for the club that can outlast his tenure. We tried and failed, and have gone back to what is a successful model, that of building side around a manager. We’ve seen though what happens when successful managers leave us. We need a structure and system that can outlast a manager.

Btw is Copps getting any credit for the good signings? He clearly took plenty of stick for all those that didn’t work last few seasons.
Is Copps making decisions on in coming players though?
Is he not now only a coach and mentor.
Think GM has the final say on everything reference the football playing side of the club.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 28, 2024, 03:07:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Copps is Head of Recruitment.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 28, 2024, 04:32:46 pm by roversdude »
But Grant has the final say - either way great team effort

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 28, 2024, 05:51:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ultimately I hope TB is enjoying it, surely seeing the crowds, atmosphere etc is worth the cost?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 28, 2024, 06:04:49 pm by mpc123 »
Its been amazing since the change.

Fingers  crossed he sees and keeps that support up.

It just shows what just a slight tweak can do.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 28, 2024, 07:40:07 pm by NickDRFC »
It's no coincidence that all this has come about since TB kicked David Blunt out is it? I'm so pleased we finally got to the root of the problem and acted decisively. Well done TB, I hope we can take it all the way for you.

I agree but it’s a bit bittersweet - fans have long been complaining that Blunt is useless and should go, and the response was “if Blunt goes, Bramall goes”

How much of the heartache of the last few seasons could have been avoided if TB had acted quicker? That said, the lows make the highs taste so much sweeter.

Glad that the fans are singing for TB, though. He deserves acknowledgment & huge respect for all he’s done for the club and there’s a sizeable number who are hell bent on not giving him any. Hopefully the last few months mean that number are dwindling in size.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 28, 2024, 08:14:02 pm by roversdude »
TB was otherwise engaged unfortunately in his role of (High ?) Sheriff
Really hope he has a drink planned with Mr Weaver

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 28, 2024, 08:21:49 pm by Silkscarf »

Can you explain what you mean?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 28, 2024, 08:30:42 pm by NickDRFC »

No idea what the second part means but re: the first part I think he was the High Sheriff 4 or 5 years ago rather than recently.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 28, 2024, 08:31:05 pm by roversdude »
TB explained at the meet the owners night that he had been honoured to have been serving as High Sheriff of West Yorkshire which took up a lot of his time

He is big friends with Weaver the Harrogate chairman

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 28, 2024, 08:36:44 pm by Campsall rover »

No idea what the second part means but re: the first part I think he was the High Sheriff 4 or 5 years ago rather than recently.
That’s not what he said at the last fans / owners meeting.
He said he now has time to devote to Rovers as he was no longer too busy being the High Sheriff.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 28, 2024, 08:46:30 pm by Pliskin »
Bramall was the High Sheriff of West Yorkshire from March 2017 to March 2018.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012