Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:53:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCann Interveiw  (Read 1381 times)

Spud

• VSC Member
McCann Interveiw
« on May 07, 2024, 01:41:07 pm by Spud »
"then you managed the second half quite well"

"We never managed it, we were going for another goal"

Love his philosophies, says we're going out to win the second leg, like anyone doubts it !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: McCann Interveiw
« Reply #1 on May 07, 2024, 02:14:07 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Good interview - mentions throwing the centre halfs forward for corners right at the end which we did, we were certainly pushing to the end. There were phases in the second half when Crewe had gone completely and in reality we could have been 3 or 4 up. But considering the big let off first twenty mins with the Wood slip and header straight at TLT 2-0 seems fair! He's a proper manager, getting him in the summer is the best bit of business we did.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 07, 2024, 02:54:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
I think and hope he would take a different view this time, but there’s a sliding doors moment in next week or so. If we go up, he will likely stay for another season at least, and some of those in the squad will either re-sign or sign (although not all of them). If we are stuck in League Two next season, the picture quickly looks very different on both fronts.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2024, 03:39:46 pm by philsky »
"then you managed the second half quite well"

"We never managed it, we were going for another goal"

Love his philosophies, says we're going out to win the second leg, like anyone doubts it !

He was quite spiky too and fair play to him.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2024, 05:55:39 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think and hope he would take a different view this time, but there’s a sliding doors moment in next week or so. If we go up, he will likely stay for another season at least, and some of those in the squad will either re-sign or sign (although not all of them). If we are stuck in League Two next season, the picture quickly looks very different on both fronts.

Who might stay another season? Grant?

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 08, 2024, 09:38:31 am by Avsuptem »

I would be very surprised if McCann left Rovers in the near future come what may. I believe he is totally dedicated to the cause this time round. Also he is smart enough to know what side his bread is buttered and apart from anything else achieving great things with DRFC will do his future career a world of good.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 08, 2024, 09:48:23 am by mushRTID »
He said he wanted to get us into the Championship, when we were languishing down the bottom end.

So unless he's had a recent change of heart, he was always going to be here next year in League 2 or not.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 08, 2024, 10:38:22 am by ravenrover »
"Listen! I'm here to get us out of this league!!"

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 08, 2024, 12:46:11 pm by Spud »
He said he wanted to get us into the Championship, when we were languishing down the bottom end.

So unless he's had a recent change of heart, he was always going to be here next year in League 2 or not.

This, naively or not, I'm buying it.....

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 08, 2024, 01:12:32 pm by selby »
Realistically if an offer came in he cannot refuse why would he stay, it could be life changing for his family, although I think it would have to be an offer of that type for  him to go.
   He is well respected and liked at all levels here, and has a chairman that has said and given him the tools and backing for us to succeed at the level we are at, and just as importantly he has control over all playing aspects, something not all managers have.
  So there are reasons for him to stay here, and hopefully he does, and already has had a taste that all that glitters is not gold when at Hull after leaving here last time, and would probably want to know exactly what he was stepping into if he was to leave.
  I hope he does not, if he does I hope he does well and remember the great times we have had watching his teams, and hopefully we have a very high good bomb proof exit price written into his contract if another club does cast envious eye's our way.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2024, 02:07:00 pm by idler »
His wife also told him that he had never been happier that when he was at Rovers as well. I’m sure that he wouldn’t want to upset her.  ;) :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012