Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:48:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLT Card Rescinded  (Read 3330 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: TLT Card Rescinded
« Reply #30 on May 01, 2024, 04:12:02 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
WEMBERLEYYYYY

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 01, 2024, 04:27:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm astonished and delighted in equal measure. I assume the ref has held his hand up and said he called it wrong.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 01, 2024, 04:35:28 pm by KingKendrick »
What would have happened if that had cost us our place in the play offs? Assume there would be no grounds to appeal the result, no matter how obvious it affected us after the sending off. Dread to think about it TBH.

Nothing. That’s football. Refs can make mistakes and I’ll admit in real time when I saw it I thought it was a red. Obviously when we look at the replay or still’s from different angles it’s easy for us to say the ref got it wrong

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 01, 2024, 04:45:47 pm by mushRTID »
Crewe fans are absolutely rattled by this news by the way.

Lovely to see.

AntoDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 01, 2024, 04:49:25 pm by AntoDRFC »
Exactly. The major point here is that the ref was now confirmed as an absolute crook. Two huge decisions he got wrong and stole our record, and was just short of taking game from us. Cheat.

I completely disagree with this. I thought the ref had a good game generally, just got a couple of decisions wrong which is part and parcel of football.

The sending off looked like a sending off from the away stand and everyone around me at least had accepted it. It was only upon seeing the incident a 2nd time that alot of us realised it was not a DOGSO. That 2nd time viewing is a luxury the ref does not get at this level. Had there been VAR there's an argument to say it would of been downgraded to a Yellow, but lets no go there. VAR stinks.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 01, 2024, 04:51:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
There also the possibility that the authorities took the blatant penalty non-decision and evened it out?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 01, 2024, 04:52:26 pm by ChrisBx »
There also the possibility that the authorities took the blatant penalty non-decision and evened it out?

No chance.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 01, 2024, 04:55:58 pm by donnievic »
Exactly. The major point here is that the ref was now confirmed as an absolute crook. Two huge decisions he got wrong and stole our record, and was just short of taking game from us. Cheat.
hardly a crook for getting it wrong he had one take on it whether he thought it was a goal scoring opportunity and sum on here thought it was even after seeing replays,as for the penalty not sure why he didn’t give or caution maxwell for diving if he didn’t think it was but then our friend michael Oliver also missed a obvious one in the spurs v Arsenal game on Sunday

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 01, 2024, 04:58:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Lovely to see.

Yes I hope their players have the same mentality.  They wouldn't complain if they didn't fear us.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 01, 2024, 04:58:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
That errant decision turned the game and could have cost us a place in the playoffs. The denied penalty compounded his failings. We deserve better referees at this level of football,  there is no excuse in my opinion.

Do you not think that if better referees were available they would be the ones chosen?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 01, 2024, 05:30:47 pm by belton rover »
I am equally surprised and delighted by this. Credit to the ref because he must surely have influenced this decision.
I doubt, though, that they would have reached this decision had it cost us a playoff place. Can you imagine the repercussions of that?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 01, 2024, 05:49:29 pm by danumdon »
Massive pick up for our players and the squad, we keep going as we have.

Cant wait for the games now.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 01, 2024, 06:03:58 pm by NickDRFC »

I completely disagree with this. I thought the ref had a good game generally, just got a couple of decisions wrong which is part and parcel of football.

The sending off looked like a sending off from the away stand and everyone around me at least had accepted it. It was only upon seeing the incident a 2nd time that alot of us realised it was not a DOGSO. That 2nd time viewing is a luxury the ref does not get at this level. Had there been VAR there's an argument to say it would of been downgraded to a Yellow, but lets no go there. VAR stinks.

I’ve only seen the highlights but thought the same about the red card. All refs make mistakes, it’s a touch melodramatic to leap to corruption.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 01, 2024, 06:21:05 pm by POD »
I watched the weekly edition of ‘Ref Watch’ on Sky on Monday lunchtime.   

It’s normally just a discussion covering Premier League Referee / VAR decisions but the TLT clip was shown to Dermott Gallagher (ex ref) as well as Sue Smith and Stephen Warnock (pundits) and they unanimously agreed that it was 100% a red card with very little discussion as to whether it was actually DOGSO.

This is the key thing here as a goalkeeper handling outside his area is NOT an automatic red card - it has to be Denial Of a Goal Scoring Opportunity.   

The one angle that we are given does look as though the ball may be heading for the net, but if the club has shown proof from a different angle then that may be why the decision was reversed.

A ‘straight on’ view of the incident would have been an ideal view as to whether the ball was going into the net, which would have been precisely the view that the referee had!   Fair play to him if he has admitted that the ball was not goal bound and agreed to reverse his decision.   

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 01, 2024, 06:21:23 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Never saw this piece (no disrespect to Louis intended) of news coming for a player who has been paramount in our turnaround of results.

Very brave (?) of the club to appeal with the outcome possibly being a further ban of games.

I don’t know if the referee would have been party to the decision because I’ve know idea how the process works i.e., does the “panel’ look at slow motion replays of the incident (one would presume so) do they speak to the other officials on the day including the ref?

Whatever, I am as pleased as I am astounded in equal measures!

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 01, 2024, 06:27:59 pm by Avsuptem »
That errant decision turned the game and could have cost us a place in the playoffs. The denied penalty compounded his failings. We deserve better referees at this level of football,  there is no excuse in my opinion.

Do you not think that if better referees were available they would be the ones chosen?

I think we have a massive problem in recruiting, training, rewarding and suporting referees at all levels of the game in UK. A consequence of this is that the pool of  competent professionals is far too small. This could be why we had an American gentleman in the middle last week.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 01, 2024, 06:44:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Doncaster Rovers Win Appeal is the new Sheffield United Lose Appeal

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 01, 2024, 07:15:05 pm by RoversInSpain »
Tough one for the ref, in real time it looked like we were in bother at the back.
Only VAR would have shown the reality of 3 defenders ahead of the attacker and the ball headed well wide of the posts- NO I Never want VAR, so we take it on the chin.
Credit for the final outcome as someone has to say ‘I got it wrong’ fair enough.

We could do a Leeds and chant we did actually win 11 on the trot, but we’re not that desperate or sad to be so eager to be noticed, (and by the way, Go Ipswich!)

Good work from the club to challenge it as quite a few on the forum said ‘leave it and take the hit’
Here’s to Monday, TLT now has quite a lot of pressure to do well…. I’m sure he will.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 01, 2024, 07:37:33 pm by StocksArmy »
Have I got this wrong or did the rule used to be that no matter if its a goalscoring opportunity or not, if the keeper handles it outside the box its a red card?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 01, 2024, 07:49:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
According to dros the red card was dished out for dogs which is how they appealed as it wasn't dogso  Independant panel decided

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 01, 2024, 07:51:15 pm by Donnyjim »
This is incredible news. Can’t believe it. Well worth appealing. There were two defenders covering, definite yellow. The guy has been absolutely outstanding in this run. An instrumental part of it. That save near the end against Wrexham stands out. There have been many more.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 01, 2024, 07:57:26 pm by Alan Southstand »

Lovely to see.

As well as Bradford City fans, for some reason!
 :thumbsup:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 01, 2024, 08:04:02 pm by POD »
Have I got this wrong or did the rule used to be that no matter if its a goalscoring opportunity or not, if the keeper handles it outside the box its a red card?

Yes I think that is correct, but that was deemed as unfair on keepers who inadvertently come out of their area by a fraction and handle the ball, even when there is no opponent any where near the play. 

The rule now is that it has to be Denial of an Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity in line with a similar type of foul which results in a red card. 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 01, 2024, 08:25:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Thinking about it I’m surprised more wasn’t made of it at the time. Maybe I just missed it. There were lots of defenders around and it wasn’t going on target so it’s a good appeal

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 01, 2024, 08:29:38 pm by Superspy »
Holy shitballs this is unbelievable news. A genuine shock!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 01, 2024, 08:55:23 pm by IDM »
I was in the “too risky” camp despite believing the red card was incorrect.

Shame for Jones, but I guess he was fully aware of the appeal.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 01, 2024, 09:38:36 pm by StocksArmy »
Thinking about it I’m surprised more wasn’t made of it at the time. Maybe I just missed it. There were lots of defenders around and it wasn’t going on target so it’s a good appeal

As I said above, I thought if a GK handled the ball outside the area its a straight red so I had no complaints at the time. But, none of our players constested it and McCann glossed over it also which I find weird.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 01, 2024, 10:12:45 pm by Campsall rover »
I was in the “too risky” camp despite believing the red card was incorrect.

Shame for Jones, but I guess he was fully aware of the appeal.
He is probably quite relieved. Can you imagine the abuse he would have got if he made a mistake at Crewe.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 01, 2024, 10:23:22 pm by Colin C No.3 »

As I said above, I thought if a GK handled the ball outside the area its a straight red so I had no complaints at the time. But, none of our players constested it and McCann glossed over it also which I find weird.

If you’re not sure as a manager, or you’re being told the club intend to appeal, why would you be anything but ambiguous about the situation in an interview straight after the game?

I think (only think) our players have been ‘told’ not to contest decisions made by the referee in a ‘confrontational/mob handed’ way because at the end of the day, if a ref brandishes a red card (rightly or wrongly at this level) it :-

A) Won’t be overturned.
B) It gets the team a ‘reputation’ for being ‘at’ officials.

Neither of which wins points, literally or metaphorically.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 01, 2024, 11:50:37 pm by SydneyRover »
Here's the quote from the club:

''We can confirm that the red card received by Thimothée Lo-Tutala during the draw at Gillingham on April 27 has been rescinded.

The club submitted an appeal on the grounds of wrongful dismissal against the decision to dismiss Lo-Tutala for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity by handling the ball outside his area.

An independent disciplinary panel found in favour of the club and overturned the red card, which means the goalkeeper will not serve a suspension.

Lo-Tutala is therefore available for selection in Monday’s Sky Bet League Two play-off semi-final first leg at Crewe Alexandra''

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2024/may/lo-tutala-appeal/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012